Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey douchenozzle, you do realize that most professional soccer is played on grass worldwide......
    Keep telling your kid that while they sit home on the xbox, waiting for the thaw and drying out period.................

Comment

Not sure about this, but isn't that part of the criteria to get into the NEP, that you have to own, or have access to turf fields? This may be a small part of the reason clubs choose to join the NEP in the first place, because they know the other participants will be ready to start the season no matter how bad the winter happens to be. I have one kid in playing town soccer and his first game was just rescheduled to May 2nd due to field conditions (season ends June 13th!). Maybe NEP has the advantage of a longer spring season in years like this. But, I think almost all soccer players would agree that playing on a quality grass field is better, though how many Maple teams actually have quality grass fields is debatable, I'm sure.
      This captures the essence, NEP clubs have the resources to adapt to adverse weather conditions, small MAPLE clubs do not and any club with the means and entry critierion jumps at the chance to join NEP.

Comment

The US womens national team prefers a natural surface
        How fortunate that I have a natural surface.

Comment

How fortunate that I have a natural surface.
          When it comes to soccer moms, I prefer a natural surface to an artificial surface.

Comment

When it comes to soccer moms, I prefer a natural surface to an artificial surface.
            Best post of the day!!!

Comment

I agree that soccer should be played on grass when possible but in our climate having good grass fields are impossible. Name one really nice grass field and I can give you 100 terrible ones. It makes more sense to play on turf because of the climate.

As for colleges, more colleges than you think play on grass, however, they have full time staff that maintain them and do not let anyone on them. Wheaton, stonehill, babson, Wellesley, boston college and countless other colleges in New England.

Comment

Only post actually worth responding to.... LOL....why the post was started....Stupid hurts!:D

Comment

On MAPLE vs NEP, refs are scheduled from the same assignor; from the same pool for both leagues. So if you see any difference in quality of refs, its probably random luck. The assignors know the divisions of each league and ability of each ref and will assign games accordingly.

Comment

A little artificial can be good if the natural surface becomes banged up over time. The age and condition of the venue have a lot to do with it.

Comment

looks like portsmouth has another team that is going to lay waste to the competition...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X