•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nemanja Matic's Incredible Goal vs Portugal

http://gfycat.com/BarrenTemptingKid

Wow. What a goal...

it was pretty sweet, but what a boring game!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Love the goal. He was offside by a mile.

Comment

Love the goal. He was offside by a mile.
        No he wasn't... Look again.
        I swear some people still don't understand offside rules yet.

Comment

that 's funny - he was almost the LEAST person to be offside on the field.... (meaning he started from so far behind the defenders.)

Comment

I agree the last defender (#18) who was guarding the front of the goal, kept him onsides when the header was hit to Matic..... typical case of ball watching instead of making sure he was with the other defenders.

Comment

At the moment his teammate chested/headed (hard for me to tell which) the ball to him he was about a half-step offside compared to red player #18.

Comment

I take that back. Watched it again and it looks like he was dead even with 18.

Comment

Use the pause button, he was on by a few feet

Comment

Use the pause button, he was on by a few feet
                    You're right. Finally got my smartphone to pause at the instant it hit the teammate's head.

Comment

Just got a chance to see it paused on my big screen at work. No doubt Matic is offside. How could anyone say he is not offside? I have no dog in this fight but I know how to use the pause button on my computer and I can look where everyone is standing. If you think he is onside there is something fundamental you do not understand about the offside rule.

Comment

Just got a chance to see it paused on my big screen at work. No doubt Matic is offside. How could anyone say he is not offside? I have no dog in this fight but I know how to use the pause button on my computer and I can look where everyone is standing. If you think he is onside there is something fundamental you do not understand about the offside rule.
                        yes the reason no flag does not go up is due to the way matic is leaning. the most visible part of him, his upper body, is onside. i would never raise my flag on that play although he was clearly offside.

Comment

He has an incredible long range strike too

Comment

If you pause the video right at the instant it hits Matic's teammates head, you can clearly see Matic is onside.

Onside by at least a foot I'd imagine.

Comment

It's just the angle the match was shot from that's clearly fooling you.
                              If you disregard the angle of the view and look more closely at the 6 yard box line and use that as the judge, Matic is about a few feet onside compared to Portugal's last defender right when the ball is headed to him. #18 is a lot deeper into the 6 yard box compared to Matic if you judge it solely on the white line.

Simple analysis really.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X