CSU merge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good move for both clubs. Crusaders can get stronger by consolidating the players from the Bridgewaters. Blackhawks were a Boutique club catering to the girls side. Had some quality teams a few years ago. Too much competition in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Good move for both clubs. Crusaders can get stronger by consolidating the players from the Bridgewaters. Blackhawks were a Boutique club catering to the girls side. Had some quality teams a few years ago. Too much competition in the area.
      Blackhawks were a boutique club? Huh. I guess I have a different definition of boutique.

Comment

Bridgewater + Boutique = Oxymoron

Comment

Bridgewater + Boutique = Oxymoron
          Not sure where this elitist snob is from...

The Blackhawks club had been around for 20 years providing quality soccer for girls in the Bridgewater area.

Boutique, as in specialty (girls only), personal relationship with the club owner and coaches, local family focus, quality product.

Like many of the original clubs in Mass. The club scene has changed and not all for the better. We now see "Kohls Type" and "Walmart Type" Super clubs with statewide and global reach. Owners sitting in a castle some where. Promising everything to everyone.

Check back in 5 years and let me know how it all worked out for you.

Comment

Not sure where this elitist snob is from...

The Blackhawks club had been around for 20 years providing quality soccer for girls in the Bridgewater area.

Boutique, as in specialty (girls only), personal relationship with the club owner and coaches, local family focus, quality product.

Like many of the original clubs in Mass. The club scene has changed and not all for the better. We now see "Kohls Type" and "Walmart Type" Super clubs with statewide and global reach. Owners sitting in a castle some where. Promising everything to everyone.

Check back in 5 years and let me know how it all worked out for you.
            Ironic, considering the "boutique" model clearly did not work. Blackhawks just sold out to Crusaders who have now taken over yet another club in just the past few years. The model has changed because consumers are demanding a higher level product. Most of these clubs had to do very little at the outset to differentiate from town or rec. Hold a few practices a week and get into Maple and you were pretty much the same as most clubs. In order to offer a varied offering for different levels of players, you need to grow and have critical mass.

P.S. Walmart is very successful.

Comment

Ironic, considering the "boutique" model clearly did not work. Blackhawks just sold out to Crusaders who have now taken over yet another club in just the past few years. The model has changed because consumers are demanding a higher level product. Most of these clubs had to do very little at the outset to differentiate from town or rec. Hold a few practices a week and get into Maple and you were pretty much the same as most clubs. In order to offer a varied offering for different levels of players, you need to grow and have critical mass.

P.S. Walmart is very successful.
              I agree both Kohls and Walmart are very successful. They succeed in making money for their owners and investors. I am reasonably sure that the big clubs are succeeding in turning a profit and driving up the cost of the beautiful game. Just like in society when Walmart drives away the local guy. Are the players and parents better off or are the big clubs better off?

Comment

I agree both Kohls and Walmart are very successful. They succeed in making money for their owners and investors. I am reasonably sure that the big clubs are succeeding in turning a profit and driving up the cost of the beautiful game. Just like in society when Walmart drives away the local guy. Are the players and parents better off or are the big clubs better off?
                Consumer choice has driven this. Walmart and Kohls have succeeded because people like the product. Same for club soccer. GPS, NEFC, among others have figured out what people want. They have been able to execute on a business model that seems to be working. The small, mom and pop shop clubs cannot compete for the same customers, as they want different things.

The cost argument is not valid. Club soccer costs money. Soccer is free.

And if cost is the driver, there are a ton of low, or no cost opportunities to play.

Comment

CSU always has strong teams..interesting.

Comment

CSU always has strong teams..interesting.
                    Not really. They serve well as a decent 2nd tier ( 3rd in some age groups ), and do not compete well with the bigger, more successful clubs.

Comment

CSU u15 boys NPL

Day one of the NPL season started this weekend with CSU hosting GPS NPL at Mass Maritime. GPS 5 CSU 0

When you pull the best kids from 3-4 regional teams the other clubs just can't compete. CSU was chasing the ball 85% of the game.

Comment

What's Next ??

So when does CSU become Stars / NEFC / GPS south ???

Comment

What's wrong with this picture?

CSU / NPL? Really??

Comment

What's wrong with this picture?

CSU / NPL? Really??
                            Yup! There 15, 16 and 18 boys Elite teams are all in NPL. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Comment

I thought the NPL was for the better teams in the region. That didn't last long.

Comment

I thought the NPL was for the better teams in the region. That didn't last long.
                                Yup, just about time for a new league to start up and claim superiority.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X