Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Virtually everyone on the current starting roster is going to be 30+ by the next World Cup.
    And that's the problem. This isn't the womens game where the starting 11 can stay intact for a decade. He has to get young blood in there to get valuable experience. At least now they are playing good sides

Comment

We all know what we need.
      Training has been improving over decades, yet, this begs the question as to why we haven't been able to produce 1 or 2 players of that caliber. All the promises, all the millions spent at clubs, IMG, millions of kids playing and we can't get it done.
      Maybe soccer is not a game for the US.
      Or maybe it's like everything else in this country-used to be the best, but now second rate, although never at the top in soccer.
      We should stick to video games. we're pretty good at that from where I sit.
      Don't give up just yet. From where I sit, it looks like the kids playing youth soccer are getting better. You can watch youth soccer games from Barca and Real Madrid on youtube, and it doesn't look like we're that far behind at the younger age levels (whereas there was a huge difference 20 years ago!). Somewhere between the youth level and USMNT, that improvement in quality is getting lost. Figure out where it's breaking down (perhaps at the college level?), make the changes so the improvements are carrying all the way up the ladder. Easier said than done, right? I don't care that we are not at the top yet, I'm willing to be patient. But what I do care about is that our national team player quality does not seem to be improving at the same rate that our youth are improving.

Comment

Don't give up just yet. From where I sit, it looks like the kids playing youth soccer are getting better. You can watch youth soccer games from Barca and Real Madrid on youtube, and it doesn't look like we're that far behind at the younger age levels (whereas there was a huge difference 20 years ago!). Somewhere between the youth level and USMNT, that improvement in quality is getting lost. Figure out where it's breaking down (perhaps at the college level?), make the changes so the improvements are carrying all the way up the ladder. Easier said than done, right? I don't care that we are not at the top yet, I'm willing to be patient. But what I do care about is that our national team player quality does not seem to be improving at the same rate that our youth are improving.
        It's clear that we lost a generation of MNT between the vets Dempsey, Bradley, Zusi, Beckerman, etc and the younger stars of Yedlin, Rubin, Johannson, etc

I would agree that the newer generation of US players who are spending more time in Europe should be much stronger

Comment

We all know what we need.
          Training has been improving over decades, yet, this begs the question as to why we haven't been able to produce 1 or 2 players of that caliber. All the promises, all the millions spent at clubs, IMG, millions of kids playing and we can't get it done.
          Maybe soccer is not a game for the US.
          Or maybe it's like everything else in this country-used to be the best, but now second rate, although never at the top in soccer.
          We should stick to video games. we're pretty good at that from where I sit.

Whoa!!! Easy there fella!! Don't make anyone feel bad or inadquate about losing. Emotions may run wild and there might be a shooting at a local hangout.
          ....and whats wrong with video games? One can play and win at FIFA!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X