Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So are you saying that the ECNL is irrelevant except for the showcasing part? Seems like the efficiency of going across the country for exposure is questionable when a tournament like Jefferson can bring in all the coaches a local player is going to need. Here is a listing of the coaches at my kid's first two games at Jefferson, do you really need many more?

Belmont Abbey
    Binghamton University
    Bloomsburg University
    Brandeis
    Brown
    Bryant University
    California University of Pennsylvania
    Cornell
    Delaware State University
    DeSales University
    Drexel University
    East Tennessee State University
    Eastern University
    George Washington University
    Gettysburgh College
    Hamilton College
    Hartwick College
    IONA College
    Kings College
    Kutztown University
    LaSalle
    Loyola University
    Monmouth
    Moravian College
    Mount St. Mary's
    NYU
    Randolph-Macon College
    Rhodes College
    Robert Morris
    Salisbury
    Southern New Hampshire University
    St. Lawrence University
    SUNY Plattsburgh
    Temple University
    University of Akron
    University of Alabama at Birmingham
    University of Central Florida
    University of Chicago
    University of Cumberlands Kentucky
    University of Mount Olive
    University of North Carolina - Greensboro
    Ursinus College
    Vassar
    Villanova
    Virginia Commonwealth University
    William Smith

If it is not about competing and winning soccer games then what is any of this really about? If it is only about chasing a college career then the ECNL clearly over played its hand because it is pretty clear a player can do that without being in the ECNL. Maybe that miscalculation is what is really at the heart of the Stars decline. They tried to convince everyone that they had the only game in town when the reality is they don't. If every club can basically do the same thing for their players, doesn't that then make winning games and titles all that more important because it is the only way a club can differentiate themselves?
    currious... where does a list like this come from? a parent survey on the sidelines? a tournament web site? not trying to be sarcastic, just asking.

Comment

No, BB. Your obsession with destroying NEFC 15's is a reality. A compliment that any success of this team is tearing you apart. The promise to JD that top players from this team would go to Stars not fulfilled is proving you a hoax. NEFC is doing well without ECNL and it is proven. NEFC obsesses with quality and success not with other clubs.
      Here is a thought for everyone else reading this forum: BB knows players and parents on this team very well and he knows how to push some buttons. Also he knows how he promoted divisions in that team in the past. There is some deep information here that is only known by him or the team. You pick.
      He is doing it from a different "perspective" and either the rest of stars want to admit it or not, he is part of their coaching staff. Therefore these attacks are coming from stars.
      Not from either club but it seems to me that the obsession is coming from the NEFC side. Maybe the arrogance did come from Stars at one point but that was before my time. Pretty new to this whole thing but NEFC seems like the little brother who had a growth spurt and is now desperate to show he has surpassed his big brother. That explains all these threads about Stars being started. Except for this Perspective guy most of the pounding seems to be coming from the NEFC side. I think we all know that the U15's are a great team at this point and can compete with anybody. You have made it clear. I am also sure you have college coaches on the sidelines because we are reminded by you every second. Do you think the girls would be embarrassed by what the parents are doing on here? Give it a rest. "Work hard in silence and let SUCCESS make all the noise.

Comment

currious... where does a list like this come from? a parent survey on the sidelines? a tournament web site? not trying to be sarcastic, just asking.
        Where a list comes from means nothing. Ask your kid if she has contacted any of these schools? Ask your kid if she is planning on playing soccer in college? Ask your kid if she understands what it takes to play soccer & get a degree? Ask your kid if she thinks ECNL is the avenue she should be on or is there another avenue that suits her best? Ask your kid if she wants to be on a top team or a 3rd team? Ask your kid if she needs help deciding what's best for her? Just because you think its best, doesn't always make it so.

ECNL - Non ECNL --top team -bottom team -- Harvard - Massasoit -- your kid will figure it out. Guidance is all kids usually need.

Another useless TS subject.

Comment

Not from either club but it seems to me that the obsession is coming from the NEFC side. Maybe the arrogance did come from Stars at one point but that was before my time. Pretty new to this whole thing but NEFC seems like the little brother who had a growth spurt and is now desperate to show he has surpassed his big brother. That explains all these threads about Stars being started. Except for this Perspective guy most of the pounding seems to be coming from the NEFC side. I think we all know that the U15's are a great team at this point and can compete with anybody. You have made it clear. I am also sure you have college coaches on the sidelines because we are reminded by you every second. Do you think the girls would be embarrassed by what the parents are doing on here? Give it a rest. "Work hard in silence and let SUCCESS make all the noise.
          You couldn't be more wrong. Ok: all the posts are coming from NEFC and the only one replying is perspective. It is sunny and 86 degrees out.
          You are definitely a newbie or you have no idea about the behavior of that coach. There are less parents here than you think. At least in this topic. Lengthy and pretty biased post for a third party. yes give it a rest.

Comment

You couldn't be more wrong. Ok: all the posts are coming from NEFC and the only one replying is perspective. It is sunny and 86 degrees out.
            You are definitely a newbie or you have no idea about the behavior of that coach. There are less parents here than you think. At least in this topic. Lengthy and pretty biased post for a third party. yes give it a rest.
            Not biased and I don't know the history of this coach but all I have to do is look at the recently started threads and it seems pretty obvious they are coming from NEFC. Seems like you should get over it. You have a great team. Move on. Is that short enough for you?

Comment

Not biased and I don't know the history of this coach but all I have to do is look at the recently started threads and it seems pretty obvious they are coming from NEFC. Seems like you should get over it. You have a great team. Move on. Is that short enough for you?
              They can't move on. This obsession has been going on for years. You would have to know the history but they can't let go no matter how many championships they win.

Comment

As one who has read this board for many years, the similarities between these attacks on the Stars and the attack on the old Scorpions a few years ago are striking. Now that they took care of Scorps pretty well, Stars are the target . Once that's done, and they will be sucessful given the incredible discipline and unrelenting style of their attack dogs, who's next? I'd say GPS since there is a ton of dough in fielding low level / low pressure teams which GPS is the dominate market player in.

Comment

Is this your first time here? I am not with that team but read some parts of what was written about that team and particularly about 2 girls. If you are a really 3rd party all you have to do is look again at those threads with eyes of seeing because reading is not your forte. I can't draw it for you.

Comment

It is clear to anyone with at least half a brain that NEFC folks are all over this forum with multiple attacks on Stars. What is really interesting to me is that it looks to be organized along real propaganda lines with repeated, high frequency use of the same language and themes to present opinions as fact. "Stars demise" etc. It really is quite interesting from a quasi-scientific point of view. I wonder who is co-ordinating it all? Most would say BTDT but there has to be direction and permission coming from officials at NEFC. I know that it is not doing NEFC any favors in the small world of youth soccer.

Comment

Is this your first time here? I am not with that team but read some parts of what was written about that team and particularly about 2 girls. If you are a really 3rd party all you have to do is look again at those threads with eyes of seeing because reading is not your forte. I can't draw it for you.
                      I don't excuse that behavior either. Horrible and has no place. I also wonder what did you think was going to happen when you start a thread "who can stop the NEFC U15 team" on an anonymous forum and start posting articles with full names of the kids. Obviously this site has a history of specific kids being bashed at multiple clubs. Just boils down to jealousy. Did you think people were gonna throw flowers at your feet? You put your own kids in the crosshairs just so you could make what point? Bad people on this site but also bad parenting.

Comment

As one who has read this board for many years, the similarities between these attacks on the Stars and the attack on the old Scorpions a few years ago are striking. Now that they took care of Scorps pretty well, Stars are the target . Once that's done, and they will be sucessful given the incredible discipline and unrelenting style of their attack dogs, who's next? I'd say GPS since there is a ton of dough in fielding low level / low pressure teams which GPS is the dominate market player in.
                        You are right on target except for one thing. There will be no end to his assaults. The overt targets appear to be Scorps and then Stars as you suggest, but he would continue long after those clubs (and any other clubs in the future) are long gone. This is sport for one individual, driven by incredible rage, insecurity, self-loathing, need to attach himself to something "great," and perceived continuous narcissistic injuries. The targets are actually incidental. His need to play his sport here, against all reason and indeed against his own self-interest, speaks volumes as he would say.

Comment

You are right on target except for one thing. There will be no end to his assaults. The overt targets appear to be Scorps and then Stars as you suggest, but he would continue long after those clubs (and any other clubs in the future) are long gone. This is sport for one individual, driven by incredible rage, insecurity, self-loathing, need to attach himself to something "great," and perceived continuous narcissistic injuries. The targets are actually incidental. His need to play his sport here, against all reason and indeed against his own self-interest, speaks volumes as he would say.
                          Interesting thing about misinformation is how easily lies can be spread to alter the entire perception of reality. This post is completely false and self serving presumably to justify the abysmal behavior exhibited here over the past weekend.

Now to the reality part, someone actually did a bunch of research last year into this claim and found it completely false. In fact that research found that NEFC was actually the most attacked club on TS and those attacks were remarkably timed to when the Scorpions coaches bolted to NEFC with their academy teams and the formation of the ECNL. What started then was all very much like this past weekend, where some used their particular perception of reality to justify all manner of nastiness and it has been very ugly here since then.

When you think about it though, what has transpired over the intervening years doesn't actually support the claims that the Scorpions and now the Stars were being victimized because when you look at the current state of those clubs it is pretty clear that the "market" generally sided with NEFC and fueled their growth while over the course of time first the Scorpions and now the Stars went into decline. Logically, that wouldn't have happened if the market perceived that the Scorpions and Stars were doing things right and were the victims of a smear campaign. The fact that NEFC basically came from nowhere to become the preeminent girls club in the state speaks a lot to what the soccer community really felt about the Scorpions and Stars. When you net it all down soccer clubs don't grow without taking customers away from other soccer clubs and content customers don't leave soccer clubs they are happy with.

Comment

Interesting thing about misinformation is how easily lies can be spread to alter the entire perception of reality. This post is completely false and self serving presumably to justify the abysmal behavior exhibited here over the past weekend.

Now to the reality part, someone actually did a bunch of research last year into this claim and found it completely false. In fact that research found that NEFC was actually the most attacked club on TS and those attacks were remarkably timed to when the Scorpions coaches bolted to NEFC with their academy teams and the formation of the ECNL. What started then was all very much like this past weekend, where some used their particular perception of reality to justify all manner of nastiness and it has been very ugly here since then.

When you think about it though, what has transpired over the intervening years doesn't actually support the claims that the Scorpions and now the Stars were being victimized because when you look at the current state of those clubs it is pretty clear that the "market" generally sided with NEFC and fueled their growth while over the course of time first the Scorpions and now the Stars went into decline. Logically, that wouldn't have happened if the market perceived that the Scorpions and Stars were doing things right and were the victims of a smear campaign. The fact that NEFC basically came from nowhere to become the preeminent girls club in the state speaks a lot to what the soccer community really felt about the Scorpions and Stars. When you net it all down soccer clubs don't grow without taking customers away from other soccer clubs and content customers don't leave soccer clubs they are happy with.
                            Keep relentlessly lying, BTNT: it's what you do best.

Comment

So are you saying that the ECNL is irrelevant except for the showcasing part? Seems like the efficiency of going across the country for exposure is questionable when a tournament like Jefferson can bring in all the coaches a local player is going to need. Here is a listing of the coaches at my kid's first two games at Jefferson, do you really need many more?

Belmont Abbey
                              Binghamton University
                              Bloomsburg University
                              Brandeis
                              Brown
                              Bryant University
                              California University of Pennsylvania
                              Cornell
                              Delaware State University
                              DeSales University
                              Drexel University
                              East Tennessee State University
                              Eastern University
                              George Washington University
                              Gettysburgh College
                              Hamilton College
                              Hartwick College
                              IONA College
                              Kings College
                              Kutztown University
                              LaSalle
                              Loyola University
                              Monmouth
                              Moravian College
                              Mount St. Mary's
                              NYU
                              Randolph-Macon College
                              Rhodes College
                              Robert Morris
                              Salisbury
                              Southern New Hampshire University
                              St. Lawrence University
                              SUNY Plattsburgh
                              Temple University
                              University of Akron
                              University of Alabama at Birmingham
                              University of Central Florida
                              University of Chicago
                              University of Cumberlands Kentucky
                              University of Mount Olive
                              University of North Carolina - Greensboro
                              Ursinus College
                              Vassar
                              Villanova
                              Virginia Commonwealth University
                              William Smith

If it is not about competing and winning soccer games then what is any of this really about? If it is only about chasing a college career then the ECNL clearly over played its hand because it is pretty clear a player can do that without being in the ECNL. Maybe that miscalculation is what is really at the heart of the Stars decline. They tried to convince everyone that they had the only game in town when the reality is they don't. If every club can basically do the same thing for their players, doesn't that then make winning games and titles all that more important because it is the only way a club can differentiate themselves?
                              Traveling all the way to Virginia to play in front of bunch of D3 coaches and a could of D1's with RPI's over 200? You're bragging about that?

Comment

Traveling all the way to Virginia to play in front of bunch of D3 coaches and a could of D1's with RPI's over 200? You're bragging about that?
                                Interesting contrast with the list of schools that watched the ECNL showcase in Sanford. Where are all the top 50 schools? Were they elsewhere? Or is this just the D3's bottom fishing, because they know that there's a lot of talent for their programs beyond the top 2 or 3 kids? Do you need to spend 000's of $'s a year to go to Moravian College, where they play D3 and admit 50% of their applicants? Does your kid really need the "tip" to get in there? Have her spend more time with the books.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X