Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You may have to change your tactics a little bit. There is no "we" and this attacking BTDT and accusing him for every post when stars are KO'd and desperate never worked and none is deviating from the main topic. And you praising a group of girls and not nefc's success is not making you a better person or non-nefc hater. You are sick, stalker, and shallow.
    This is too poorly written to be BTDT. Learn some verb agreement, my friend. And please translate the entire post into something comprehensible. There is a "we," though. Two primary posters calling out BRGT.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieSkywalker View Post
      Since we left the club a number of parents have asked me why we didn't leave earlier. Truthfully I have asked myself that same question many times. After pondering it for a while I think it basically comes down to how they build the culture in the club. You end up feeling like there really is no other option. This feeling also explains a lot of the pro Stars rhetoric you read here. People literally are scared to death that they would end up with another club. There is that much paranoia built into the culture.*

When you get right down to it, the way the Stars are run is not all that dissimilar to what you read about in cults. They work real hard at isolating the families from the influences of other coaches and clubs. Their posture on ODP is a perfect example. They instill a Stars against the world mindset and there is always a villain that is conspiring to hurt the club for the families to rally against. When we first started with the club, the villain was MPS. All you ever heard from the coaches was how much a joke MPS was and when they criticized players one of the worst insults they would throw at them was the snide remark about going to play for MPS. When players did leave for another club their name was constantly brought up in practice and ridiculed. You ended up feeling all of the other clubs were not even close to the Stars and that if you left them you were basically giving up on soccer.*

When I look back now I am actually rather disgusted with myself and husband for how long we stayed with the club. We were both athletes and knew that what we were seeing wasn't having a healthy impact on our daughter. She withdrew into shell and lost all confidence as a player. We also saw an impact socially and in school but had convinced ourselves that it was the price that she needed to pay to be a soccer player. We even used to have discussions with her about being tougher and rising to the challenge. All that did was take the joy out playing a game and turned it into a job. The sad thing is all of us were so afraid that if we left the Stars everything she had put up with would be wasted and her soccer career would be over. We quite literally had family fights over it. In the end my daughter simply wore out. She left the club a shadow of her former self and I distinctly remember feeling shame at leaving. I am quite embarrassed to now admit that. I will tell you that there is life other than the Stars. It took time and a completely different coaching style but soccer became fun again and my daughter has actually thrived beyond our expectations.*
      Thank you, BTNT, for this classic. The post of yours that will live forever. The sad thing is....quite literally...When you get right down to it...blah, blah, blah....all pure BTDT. And yes, you should be ashamed. What parent lets his kid fall apart socially and at school and end up as a "shadow of her former self." We should report you to DCF.

Comment

This is too poorly written to be BTDT. Learn some verb agreement, my friend. And please translate the entire post into something comprehensible. There is a "we," though. Two primary posters calling out BRGT.
        I think BTDT is either pretending to be only semi-literate or has been drinking to excess again. Consider the persistence of the theme and the apparently willful lack of reading comprehension.

NEFC as a club has explicitly been congratulated for the exceptional success of one of its teams. Only BTDT would insist that anything less than admitting absolute club supremacy and the "irrelevance" of Stars would count as due recognition. Or maybe he has actually managed to influence an even lesser mind there.

Comment

Thank you, BTNT, for this classic. The post of yours that will live forever. The sad thing is....quite literally...When you get right down to it...blah, blah, blah....all pure BTDT. And yes, you should be ashamed. What parent lets his kid fall apart socially and at school and end up as a "shadow of her former self." We should report you to DCF.
          Thank you for posting that Suzie post once again. Now point out the parts that aren't true. You can't because it is all true and because it is true you are doing a masterful hatchet job on the Stars. NEFC thanks you.

Comment

Perspective back to his old tired bag of tricks. Accuse every post he doesn't like as being a btdt post, and responding to his own posts. Actually pretty sad when you get right down to it.

Comment

Thank you for posting that Suzie post once again. Now point out the parts that aren't true. You can't because it is all true and because it is true you are doing a masterful hatchet job on the Stars. NEFC thanks you.
              LOL, why did "Suzie" only last for 2 short weeks, being such an aggressive, no holds barred soul? And was the girl hospitalized? Did NEFC give her warm blanket therapy? BTDT, why can't you just admit writing the post? Do you understand how obviously transparent the post (and the language within it) are?

Comment

Perspective back to his old tired bag of tricks. Accuse every post he doesn't like as being a btdt post, and responding to his own posts. Actually pretty sad when you get right down to it.
                Nope. Perspective limits himself to the posts authored by BTNT.

Comment

Nope. Perspective limits himself to the posts authored by BTNT.
                  Oh he does does he? Perspective is so disciplined!

Comment

Oh he does does he? Perspective is so disciplined!
                    He is disciplined. He thinks everyone is BTDT and always responds in the same way.

Comment

Are BTDT and BTNT the same person? If so, can we please stick to one acronym?

Comment

Are BTDT and BTNT the same person? If so, can we please stick to one acronym?
                        No, we can't. BTDT himself introduced BTNT--in yet another absurdly transparent attempt at plausible deniability.

Comment

The only hope for relief from Perspective's obsession with btdt is that he becomes obsessed with someone/something else.

Comment

they are one bi-polar person

Comment

No, more like the three faces of Eve.

Comment

Its a soccer strategy. Notice how He switched the point of attack. He has everyone talking about a ghost instead of the real issues plaguing the Stars and the despicable way they have been attacking kids on this forum.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X