Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's about whether the elitism of some will permit allowing others to play D3 with an acknowledgement that you don't just quit the golf team junior year of high school, join the soccer team, and just sign your name on to a sign-up sheet at your choice of D3 colleges to play soccer.
    Yeah but you don't need to drop $60k on your kids training and play soccer exclusively for a top 3 or 4 team. Can we please just stop with the nonsense about how elite the average D3 team (or D1 for that matter) is. Just about any decent MAPLE player can easily land a D3 berth. I watch a lot of women's college soccer ie Marlyland, FSU, UNC, BC etc. and 85% of the players on the field are like wall paper. Overall it is really a mediocre product. If it weren't for a handful of players (mostly from outside the US) it would be just a bunch of 5-10 statistical outliers running around the field without any clue to what they are doing.

Comment

That was not my instinct, although the opening sentence -- "have to be honest, first post ever, but know every issue ever discussed" -- and the semi-informed but inaccurate/distorted references to "Suzy" (misspelled the same way a certain figure always misspells it) make the OP's effort here dubious at best.

Also, another poster got the real D1 vs D3 issue. It's not about what's better. It's about whether the elitism of some will permit allowing others to play D3 with an acknowledgement that you don't just quit the golf team junior year of high school, join the soccer team, and just sign your name on to a sign-up sheet at your choice of D3 colleges to play soccer.
      OP here, and no I am not BTDT (now I am really curious if that is a real person!)... Sorry my reports were "inaccurate or distorted" but was just posting what I, one person, noted, which again is limited morning reads, not in depth, nor do I claim to know all the posts ever discussed. I was hitting what I felt were the highlights of the site...

And I did only notice Suzy a few times (that spelling anyway, I have no clue who it is) and felt she deserved a nod with the 2 heavy hitters! For all I know, it is a guy or not even a person.

And I was completely wrong to not mention the D1/D3 debate, as it is a very big part and I do apologize and recognize its inclusion is necessary in the MA talking soccer debate.

(and yes, that was my first actual post, though as I mentioned I have been entertained by the site for a year!)

This is now my second post! Thanks for reading!

Comment

Yeah but you don't need to drop $60k on your kids training and play soccer exclusively for a top 3 or 4 team. Can we please just stop with the nonsense about how elite the average D3 team (or D1 for that matter) is. Just about any decent MAPLE player can easily land a D3 berth. I watch a lot of women's college soccer ie Marlyland, FSU, UNC, BC etc. and 85% of the players on the field are like wall paper. Overall it is really a mediocre product. If it weren't for a handful of players (mostly from outside the US) it would be just a bunch of 5-10 statistical outliers running around the field without any clue to what they are doing.
        Actually, these things take care of themselves. TS gives a very distorted view, and non one decides what to do based on TS. In a nutshell, almost all players who are really in to soccer go as far as they can. They gravitate towards the best options that are doable for them where they can be competitive, be challenged, and remain relatively happy. They do all this before even thinking for a second about college soccer. Then, depending on what level they are playing at and their interest level when the time comes, they at that point decide to pursue college soccer. It is true that many players playing mid-level club soccer will finf their way to lower tier D3s, but as D3s rise in quality, both athletically and academically, you will find that most players will come from the upper tier of club teams. Just look at any of the Boys commitment lists for D3 over teh past several years.

Comment

OP here, and no I am not BTDT (now I am really curious if that is a real person!)... Sorry my reports were "inaccurate or distorted" but was just posting what I, one person, noted, which again is limited morning reads, not in depth, nor do I claim to know all the posts ever discussed. I was hitting what I felt were the highlights of the site...

And I did only notice Suzy a few times (that spelling anyway, I have no clue who it is) and felt she deserved a nod with the 2 heavy hitters! For all I know, it is a guy or not even a person.

And I was completely wrong to not mention the D1/D3 debate, as it is a very big part and I do apologize and recognize its inclusion is necessary in the MA talking soccer debate.

(and yes, that was my first actual post, though as I mentioned I have been entertained by the site for a year!)

This is now my second post! Thanks for reading!
          Wow. You waited a whole year and then your very first post ever is a new thread with a sweeping overview of TS. Impressive. And you've been reading for a year and don't know if BTDT is a real person and who that refers to even though there are literally thousands and thousands of references to who he is in just the last year.

OK, recess is over. Your 7th grade teacher is calling you back inside.

Comment

Wow. You waited a whole year and then your very first post ever is a new thread with a sweeping overview of TS. Impressive. And you've been reading for a year and don't know if BTDT is a real person and who that refers to even though there are literally thousands and thousands of references to who he is in just the last year.

OK, recess is over. Your 7th grade teacher is calling you back inside.
            OP again... (three posts in one day...!) And you wonder why I never posted in the last year?

Wow yourself! This kind of response to an honest and open comment is why this site is 99% a joke. Just trying to lighten things up and poke fun at some of the craziness and you respond like this! Yikes....

You my friend... (BTDT is that you???) need to chill out.

Comment

OP again... (three posts in one day...!) And you wonder why I never posted in the last year?

Wow yourself! This kind of response to an honest and open comment is why this site is 99% a joke. Just trying to lighten things up and poke fun at some of the craziness and you respond like this! Yikes....

I actually think it's Perspective, as he is the person who is most often on watch for fraudulent first timer posts. Btdt tries to pretend that he's above all the shenanigans, even though he's on record as being supportive of alternate personas and hypothetical threads.

Comment

LOL! You can't be serious, BTNT. But your over-the-top shamelessness, lies, and delusions truly are good for a laugh sometimes.

Comment

The very direction this thread has taken tells you everything you need to know about T-S. Nothing more than one big circle jerk.

Comment

The very direction this thread has taken tells you everything you need to know about T-S. Nothing more than one big circle jerk.
                    I've been reading T-S for several years but this is my first post. I completely agree with you. I'll post again in a few years when I have another really important thing to say.

Comment

You wanna laugh? Check out the 9 yr old striker thread and watch where that heads.
                      This is the best entertainment on the planet, highlighted by the idiots who think it's ok for a club to keep 25% of the tournament fee for trying to run the thing.

Comment

I actually think it's Perspective, as he is the person who is most often on watch for fraudulent first timer posts. Btdt tries to pretend that he's above all the shenanigans, even though he's on record as being supportive of alternate personas and hypothetical threads.
                        Yes, and isn't it amazing how, without fail, these "first time posters." destroy any semblance of logic in their explanations? Always a zero to 60 out of the blue insertion of themselves and in the boldest, most flamboyant ways possible (after a full year of being oh so shy).

Comment

You wanna laugh? Check out the 9 yr old striker thread and watch where that heads.
                          This is the best entertainment on the planet, highlighted by the idiots who think it's ok for a club to keep 25% of the tournament fee for trying to run the thing.
                          Great, Mr 25% is still lurking. At what temp do you crawl back into your hole?

Comment

Great, Mr 25% is still lurking. At what temp do you crawl back into your hole?
                            When the tournament organizers stop taking a 25% charge just to have us fill out paperwork.
                            When did it become a college app?
                            What's next- tryout charges?

Please come to our club where we charge you a $90 tryout fee. We will keep 25% even if you don't make the squad to help offset the cost of anything we can come up with. Our clipboards are heavy.
                            We will not refund this fee to accepted applicants either. those on the lower level teams will subsidize the financial aid we must pay to secure/steal players from other clubs.
                            Any takers?

And I must apologize as some %'s are in the 10's and low 20's according to some unconcerned wealthy posters

Comment

I will be honest, this is my first post on this site. I read it mostly for entertainment, and to see how the rumor mill is turning. I will be honest again and admit, I am mostly drawn to the "this club sucks" "this club is great" posts, as they are the most entertaining and heated.

But after reading this message board for a year, I would like to pose a few questions to the TS world.

1. I know there are thousands reading, but are their really more than a handful starting these threads and responding?

2. Do the clubs actually have dedicated "posters" to start the "this club rocks" "avoid at all costs" threads?

3. Do any people ACTUALLY use any advice on this site for more than entertainment? ( I have a question about....? What do you think about club x....?)

Here is some things I have learned, and sums up most of the posts that I can figure out...

1. There is a guy Perspective, a guy BTNT or BTDT (could be the same) and they hate each other or are the same person. And they are accused of posting 95% of what is on here. Which might be true, or could be made up by the other 5 people who post. And there is Suzy who hates everyone and everyone hates her. I think she has a girl playing somewhere..

2. Stars and NEFC are mortal enemies... (though my kids have played both and teams seem normal, as do most of the coaches)... and their parents think the other team is worse than any other team in MA. They seem to trade players back and forth and then hate on each other some more..

3. MA teams think all other teams in all other states suck. When they lose out of state it is always for some lame reason.

4. ODP is only good if your kid is actually doing it, regardless of level (pool or NT player) Otherwise is is a waste of time/money/laundry

5. No one likes SS Select, though they seem to dominate at the young girls ages, but disappear as they are older. Don't know this club, so possible feeder to another.

6. Valeo boys will all be in the EPL in the next 10 years. Or they are over hyped already. (Depends on the thread)

7. Early Spring and Late Fall tournaments in MA suck. If you are at a club who participates, you better invest in Under Armor and be prepared for last minute changes and be VERY flexible. If your club does not participate, you will bash anyone who does.

8. GPS will soon dominate the state as they buy up club after club after club. And anyone not on GPS thinks they suck and cheat.

9. No one likes HS soccer, everyone HATES town, and the MAPLE/NEP/NPL/ECNL/NBA/NFL debate will go on forever with no end and countless reasons why each is the best/worst.

Thanks to all who post on the site for my morning entertainment! Keep on typing!!! (and sorry if I missed your near and dear topic... feel free to comment it in!)
                              Great synopsis! Get lost!

Comment

Haters are going to hate.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X