Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GPS/Bayern teams have been awarded DAP but the official announcement has not been made. FC Greater Boston Bolts have been stripped of their DAP status.
    I don't know if that's true or not. I believe there's a pretty involved process to losing your badge and the Bolts aren't THAT bad. Unless of course they were found in violation of rules or something that would expedite it. But I did hear at least one Bolts player (possibly 2) did not make the cut off at Northeastern. BA's pull not enough to get them in? (although I know NU has gotten extremely difficult to get into, something I find so funny since growing up it was such a safety school). If this rumor is true and the stream into NU for Bolts players cutoff? Not good at all...

Still - this is TS. There's crazy stuff on here ALL THE TIME

Comment

I thought I detected an accent from Ainscough. Please enough with this talk, leaning on borderline racism.
      Hardly - one of MPS' great money making strategies is bringing young guys over from Britain on visa, paying them next to nothing, quartering them in someone's home. These guys know as much about soccer as your average Englishman (which isn't bad...)..

Comment

I don't know if that's true or not. I believe there's a pretty involved process to losing your badge and the Bolts aren't THAT bad. Unless of course they were found in violation of rules or something that would expedite it. But I did hear at least one Bolts player (possibly 2) did not make the cut off at Northeastern. BA's pull not enough to get them in? (although I know NU has gotten extremely difficult to get into, something I find so funny since growing up it was such a safety school). If this rumor is true and the stream into NU for Bolts players cutoff? Not good at all...

Never believe anything on here. Still, MPS is a way better structured organization, much better set to financially support DAP. Bolts still haven't made it free - MPS might be able to. I'd still rate the Bolts coaches as better than the motley crew of Englishmen at MPS. But with DAP, good coaches would turn up.

Comment

Well it's not all false, Bolts and Seacoast both suck.
          Hmmm...

Seacoast, one less game than the Revs and better stats against mutual opponents....and they get better the older they get...meanwhile ...the Revs parent team could've been beaten by a U14 game Sunday, the Revs are get worse as they get older. I think your cheering for the wrong organization.

Comment

Hmmm...

Seacoast, one less game than the Revs and better stats against mutual opponents....and they get better the older they get...meanwhile ...the Revs parent team could've been beaten by a U14 game Sunday, the Revs are get worse as they get older. I think your cheering for the wrong organization.
            not to mention that the Bolts have as many wins as the Revs. With all the drawing power of the Revs and consequently the talent that they bring in, picture doesn't tell a good story about Revs as a 'development' organization. Looks like they should be the DAP team to go away.

Comment

You can't compare Seacoast and Bolts to Revs. Pro teams dap programs are different and treated differently. I heard about seacoast and bolts losing dap and gps getting dap, but I also heard dap was going to move to a 2 league system. One for pro teams and one for everyone else!

Wit Bayern relationship and many A lisc. Coaches they may just get it!

Comment

not to mention that the Bolts have as many wins as the Revs. With all the drawing power of the Revs and consequently the talent that they bring in, picture doesn't tell a good story about Revs as a 'development' organization. Looks like they should be the DAP team to go away.
                How many NT players on Revs? How many on Bolts? Is that what USSF is all about? Don't think they're judgements are based on win/loss records.

Comment

How many NT players on Revs? How many on Bolts? Is that what USSF is all about? Don't think they're judgements are based on win/loss records.
                  some system of relegation would help a lot. If there is no incentive to improve, the DAP clubs will just sit back and rake in the money.

Comment

some system of relegation would help a lot. If there is no incentive to improve, the DAP clubs will just sit back and rake in the money.
                    There is some - Beachside basically took over SouthCentral's badge after years of underperforming. But in general yes. They evaluate clubs but how often is anything ever done about it?

Comment

There is some - Beachside basically took over SouthCentral's badge after years of underperforming. But in general yes. They evaluate clubs but how often is anything ever done about it?
                      More often than you might think. Over the last couple of years, DAP took away the U16 and U18 programs of Match Fit and Met Oval, merged the two Richmond clubs, and merged Beachside and South Central. And that's just in our neck of the woods. Similar changes have been made around the country.

Comment

Exactly. I would guess that US Soccer is pretty happy with the Revs right now, with 3 99s currently on the U16 NT and 3 00s having attended NT or national camp events in the past year. That's what DAP is supposed to be for.

Comment

Exactly. I would guess that US Soccer is pretty happy with the Revs right now, with 3 99s currently on the U16 NT and 3 00s having attended NT or national camp events in the past year. That's what DAP is supposed to be for.
                          ANd love em' or hate em' Revs is free. That is also what academy is supposed to be about - getting away from pay-to-play soccer. Short of some kind of sex scandal or similar no way Revs would ever lose their status.

Comment

I heard the Bolts lost their DAP and it was going to be given to GPS
                            I heard your wife just got abducted by aliens

Comment

http://www.collegesoccernews.com/ind...uiting-classes

NU ranked 26th. Guess BA and NU are doing something right.

Comment

seems like BA and NU are doing a nice job
                                lots of Bolts recruits

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X