Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Npl ??

Can a single club from Mass enter two same year age group teams into NPl league? I've looked over their regulations but nothing on this topic is mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

I know in the NE NPL Matchfit and PDA have two teams in the same age groups at multiple ages. I would assume it is ok.

Comment

different rules for different leagues`

Northeast NPL and New England NEP NPL have different rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Northeast NPL and New England NEP NPL have different rules.
        I had no idea. Do you know if north east allows it then since we are only talking about Massachusetts teams? Also for learning purpose of someone or you know the differance between NEP npl and northeast would you share please.

Comment

I would think the NPL should have the same rules for all leagues. The difference between the two leagues is the NE NPL is the ECNL second teams.

Comment

I would think the NPL should have the same rules for all leagues. The difference between the two leagues is the NE NPL is the ECNL second teams.
            You're confusing the poor chap.
            ECNL's B teams play in the Northeast NPL
            Aztec, Gps and NEFC play in the New England NPL

Comment

Good question, so in theory, a player could potentially play in the NoEast NPL, NENPL, EDP, and (a stretch I know) NYNPL simultaneously?

Comment

Good question, so in theory, a player could potentially play in the NoEast NPL, NENPL, EDP, and (a stretch I know) NYNPL simultaneously?
                No, they couldn't.

Comment

No, they couldn't.
                  US club wouldn't be the reason they couldn't though. Some do multiple NPLs already..

Comment

US club wouldn't be the reason they couldn't though. Some do multiple NPLs already..
                    A player or a team? The player would be dual rostered right? Most clubs don't go for that. I have seen a team do a U.S. club league and region 1, but I haven't seen a team do 2 us club leagues. Logistically, how could the schedules work out. They only have Saturday and Sunday to fit the games in?

Comment

A player can only "legally" hold one us club soccer card. He or she can play for any team within the club on any given day with more specific rules (disovery players; playing within the same event etc.) about which I won't opine. He or she can also be rostered to a USYSA team. There are ECNL teams (U15 FCV/ABGC and Eclipse) that have the entire team basically rostered for both ECNL (US club soccer card) and USYSA play. Most clubs believe that this is too much on young players.

In fact one of the primary roles for US Club before the ECNL was to support a second card for combining players in summer super Y and tournament teams. In that past world all of the kids also held USYSA cards. One must still hold a USYSA card to do ODP. Many ECNL kids who do ODP must independently apply for a card through their state association.

Comment

Slightly off topic..
                        Could someone shed some light on these "crossovers"? It appears that NYCSL premier are having a crossover "(cup)"? with NEP - https://docs.google.com/a/empire-soc...En3jM/pubhtml#
                        And NYCSL NPL is having a similar event in May vs NE Girls NPL at Lancaster, right?
                        Do these events work towards access to Nationals, or just bragging rights? Got soccer pts? Who gets in? By record after 4/5 games? Previous season record? There's very little info out there, esp for NPL, about these events..

Comment

Slightly off topic..
                          Could someone shed some light on these "crossovers"? It appears that NYCSL premier are having a crossover "(cup)"? with NEP - https://docs.google.com/a/empire-soc...En3jM/pubhtml#
                          And NYCSL NPL is having a similar event in May vs NE Girls NPL at Lancaster, right?
                          Do these events work towards access to Nationals, or just bragging rights? Got soccer pts? Who gets in? By record after 4/5 games? Previous season record? There's very little info out there, esp for NPL, about these events..
                          According to the NE Girls NPL schedule they have league games every weekend in May. When is this crossover event scheduled for?

Comment

According to the NE Girls NPL schedule they have league games every weekend in May. When is this crossover event scheduled for?
                            Most teams prob have May9/10 cleared on their schedule..

Comment

Most teams prob have May9/10 cleared on their schedule..
                              Nope... league games that weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X