Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not the OP, but yes, they expire after one year. Problem is, if points are not won or awarded in this case, then it's more difficult to obtain higher placement in the next tournament and the opportunity to win more points, etc.... Few points inhibits the chance to compete at a higher level and gain more points.
    Oh boo hoo!

Comment

Not the OP, but yes, they expire after one year. Problem is, if points are not won or awarded in this case, then it's more difficult to obtain higher placement in the next tournament and the opportunity to win more points, etc.... Few points inhibits the chance to compete at a higher level and gain more points.
      Exactly my point and to the other poster, yes I do know that they expire.

I'm just asking if anyone out there knows the deal with the points for the tournament on the boys side.

Comment

Exactly my point and to the other poster, yes I do know that they expire.

I'm just asking if anyone out there knows the deal with the points for the tournament on the boys side.
        And you know someone out there does know the story, but all you will get in response will be snarky replies. Like you, I would like to know the deal.

Comment

So, you're saying its a Ponzi scheme, then?
          Sounds about right!

: - )

Comment

If your kid's team is good then GS points matter for competion.
            If your kid's team stinks then of course GS points don't matter. :)

Comment

If your kid's team is good then GS points matter for competion.
              If your kid's team stinks then of course GS points don't matter. :)
              Incorrect statement. If the team is good but won't chase gotsoccer points it will still be alloted in top tournaments. Trust me they know how to place talent if it's there. Thats my experience.

Comment

Incorrect statement. If the team is good but won't chase gotsoccer points it will still be alloted in top tournaments. Trust me they know how to place talent if it's there. Thats my experience.
                Bla bla blah. Where are the GS points for the boys side????

Comment

"The event value is based on the teams competition at the event. If a flight contains brackets of 4 teams, each bracket will have its own event value. If a flight contains 1 bracket of 10 teams, each team will have their own event value. Both are based on the direct competition they faced at the event. The points awarded are based on this event value, NOT the overall flight value. To view the event value for a team at this specific event hover your cursor over the points awarded for the event on their rankings page."

Yet another way for the home club to stack the brackets in their favor. Based on this, even if SW had finished with the most points, bc the NEFC teams had higher event values, SW couldn't have gotten the most GS points This is brilliant!!!
                  😃👍👏.

Comment

100% inaccurate. Teams have been placed in higher brackets just because they are ranked higher by Gotsoccer. When you're playing out of state, some of these tournaments don't know a thing about a team so they rely on Gotsoccer rankings.

Comment

100% inaccurate. Teams have been placed in higher brackets just because they are ranked higher by Gotsoccer. When you're playing out of state, some of these tournaments don't know a thing about a team so they rely on Gotsoccer rankings.
                      Depends on the tournament director. Plenty of smart ones that can see through inflated GS bonanza points that are completely out of sync with the game by game record that is also in GS. Many TDs do their homework, not all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X