Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is about tournament entry rules. MYSA state cup requires you to play in a "qualifying" league. Last year that included both Maple and NEP. This year only Maple is a qualifying league for MYSA because NEP pulled out of MYSA.

The NEP state cup appears to take all comers. So, Maple teams could play in NEP state cup but NEP teams cannot play in MYSA state cup.
    Correction.. NEP left US Youth Soccer and realigned themselves with US Club Soccer, they did not simply pull out of MYSA.

Comment

Correction.. NEP left US Youth Soccer and realigned themselves with US Club Soccer, they did not simply pull out of MYSA.
      Semantics. For the purposes of State Cup, MYSA runs it. MYSA=State, USYSA= National (Region 1 etc.)

Comment

Semantics. For the purposes of State Cup, MYSA runs it. MYSA=State, USYSA= National (Region 1 etc.)
        Not really just semantics there are actually a lot of meat there. One of the things that is not really understood here is that not only can any USCS team enter the USCS championship series they can qualify for the final weekend in a bunch of different ways.

With USYS you qualified for the state cup by playing in MAPLE and then there was much more of a process to getting to become the state champ than there is in this USCS series. It was all very structured and methodical. In order to get down to the final weekend you had to play your way through a ton of games so the national champion was usually pretty battle tested.

With USCS you can qualify for their championship weekend EITHER by winning the NEP, or by winning the state cup ( a 2 game series?) or by winning the regional cup. You don't have to win all three. In fact you could actually enter all three and lose in them, then go to several other similar events in completely different parts of the country and qualify that way by winning at one of them. In the USCS world the teams that read the situation the best will likely be the national champion, not the necessarily the best team.

Comment

I actually thinking having many ways of qualifing is a good thing because anything can happen in a game. The best team does not always win and this allows a team that had a bad day to still advance to the National Championship.

Comment

Not really just semantics there are actually a lot of meat there. One of the things that is not really understood here is that not only can any USCS team enter the USCS championship series they can qualify for the final weekend in a bunch of different ways.

With USYS you qualified for the state cup by playing in MAPLE and then there was much more of a process to getting to become the state champ than there is in this USCS series. It was all very structured and methodical. In order to get down to the final weekend you had to play your way through a ton of games so the national champion was usually pretty battle tested.

With USCS you can qualify for their championship weekend EITHER by winning the NEP, or by winning the state cup ( a 2 game series?) or by winning the regional cup. You don't have to win all three. In fact you could actually enter all three and lose in them, then go to several other similar events in completely different parts of the country and qualify that way by winning at one of them. In the USCS world the teams that read the situation the best will likely be the national champion, not the necessarily the best team.
            With USCS you can pull a roster of players together simply for their national championship series and compete in it. Because there are no qualification leagues in USCS the normal idea of team goes out the window. Their championship becomes about the broader "pool" of players in a club than about a specific team.

Comment

If you play NEP you belong to the organization USClub Soccer and NOT USYouthSoccer which holds the state cup. I dont believe you cannot do both.
              NEFC U17B (now U18B) was entered in the Region 1 play, the NEP play, and state cup play. Ultimately they won the state cup.

GPS is entered in both the NEP/NEPL, Region 1, and State Cup.

Comment

NEFC U17B (now U18B) was entered in the Region 1 play, the NEP play, and state cup play. Ultimately they won the state cup.

GPS is entered in both the NEP/NEPL, Region 1, and State Cup.
                That was last year, the US Club 'decsison' took place over the summer

Comment

That was last year, the US Club 'decsison' took place over the summer
                  I will go out on a limb and say that the GPS, NEFC, Stars, and any other NPL team will distinguish between their NPL teams that will compete in the US Club league (s) while they continue to have their other teams compete in other leagues like Region 1 and state cup.

Comment

Spring 2015 mysa website showes all maple league teams participating and I do not see any intertwine of nep teams. I can't however find any link for the NEP ma state cup schedule.
                    Does anyone have a link or has further info?

Comment

Spring 2015 mysa website showes all maple league teams participating and I do not see any intertwine of nep teams. I can't however find any link for the NEP ma state cup schedule.
                      I actually do have further info. I just saw the brackets/teams involved and those are some real powerhouses. I think MTOC will be a better take. Good Lord, a Maple extravaganza of low quality teams. The MA State Cup of the weak.

Comment

Wait a little bit. There were a couple of quiet but important developments recently. One is USL seems to be re-engineering the semi-pro level and the other is the announcement that US Soccer is going to create a girls DAP. My bet is the clubs have figured out at this point that moving slow is the smartest way to react to the changing soccer landscape. I look for things to evolve in a completely different direction than it has recently with the top clubs really trying to consolidate access to all the levels of soccer from "rec" all the way up to semi-pro. The girls DAP might be a big game changer in terms of club power.

Comment

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WA1w50/pubhtml

Comment

Curious why Stars U14 ECNL isn't on the list

Comment

Curious why Stars U14 ECNL isn't on the list
                              didnt qualify

Comment

didnt qualify
                                ECNL too good for state cup....any state cup

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X