Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Average List???? You have a funny way of doing math.

Please find me three other teams in this age group in Mass that have 6 d1 commits. If this is an average list that should be an easy task.
    NEFC U18's have 10-12 D1 commits so calm down. 6 is a respectable number but let's not get too carried away. I think that you will find that most teams will produce around that number.

Comment

NEFC U18's have 10-12 D1 commits so calm down. 6 is a respectable number but let's not get too carried away. I think that you will find that most teams will produce around that number.
      Looks more like 11 to me, not 6 but don't let math get in your way.

Serious question - not a parent of this age group, but have watched in amusement over the years the derision written by the various factions about each other over the years. What is the source of it? Besides the U15 group, no other age group even comes close.

Comment

So they both have the same type of list - no?

Comment

Right - that's why I asked for 3 more teams. We have Stars, Scorpions and NEFC. There are maybe 30+ teams in the age group. If 6 d1 commits is an average list then there should be another 10 or so teams with that sort of list.

Comment

Right - that's why I asked for 3 more teams. We have Stars, Scorpions and NEFC. There are maybe 30+ teams in the age group. If 6 d1 commits is an average list then there should be another 10 or so teams with that sort of list.
            Looking at complete list from Breakers and there are 11 D1commits, not 6. Which list is correct.

Comment

The list looks very similar to that of the Stars U18 NPL team. That makes total sense. Stars are very strong at the U18 level with a lot of depth with the ECNL and NPL teams. Breakers is weaker at that age group. So, maybe being on an ECNL team helped some of the Breakers girls who left Stars NPL. Fair assumption. It can only help. I guarantee that playing on an ECNL team didn't hurt.
              What happened to the Stars NPL U16/U17 teams. Only 1 commit between the 2 teams. For juniors it's late in the process for D1. Looks like the U18 NPL isn't the norm. Parents of u16/17's are delusional if they are expecting the same results.

Comment

What happened to the Stars NPL U16/U17 teams. Only 1 commit between the 2 teams. For juniors it's late in the process for D1. Looks like the U18 NPL isn't the norm. Parents of u16/17's are delusional if they are expecting the same results.
                Outside of almost the entire Stars ECNL team and a handful of Breakers ECNL players there are not a lot of commitments listed for any of the other Mass U17G teams. Just shows that the hype created by BTDT back in the day about this being a very special age group when they were U12 was premature. Always better to wait and see how it all shakes out.

Comment

Outside of almost the entire Stars ECNL team and a handful of Breakers ECNL players there are not a lot of commitments listed for any of the other Mass U17G teams. Just shows that the hype created by BTDT back in the day about this being a very special age group when they were U12 was premature. Always better to wait and see how it all shakes out.
                  My bad - underestimated the Breakers/Scorpions commits as they are listed in two places. Thy have 8 D1 commits listed already.

Comment

How do you know? Just because people are not blow hard like you it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have commitments. You will have to wait until next year when is public notice, if you don't die from curiosity. Similar as what happened to their 18's.

Comment

How do you know? Just because people are not blow hard like you it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have commitments. You will have to wait until next year when is public notice, if you don't die from curiosity. Similar as what happened to their 18's.
                      So why are you bringing up another club's u16 and u17 commitments then? What do you know?

Comment

So why are you bringing up another club's u16 and u17 commitments then? What do you know?
                        Duh...they are posted , should I say bragged, on their website.

Comment

Duh...they are posted , should I say bragged, on their website.
                          Asking about the whole U17 landscape that you claim to know a lot more about than anyone else. Typical NEFC. Do you not remember all your recruiting at u13 that went awry?

Comment

Sorry. I found the more complete list in another thread. 13 girls going on to play in college from this list and there are probably more. So that is a great number. They are going to college and playing the sport that they love.

Abbey Clapp - Northeastern University D1 27 RPI
                            Elizabeth George - Northeastern University D1 27 RPI
                            Carly Baggot - Bucknell University D1 125 RPI
                            Mia Sardella - Loyola Maryland D1 176 RPI
                            Jenna Thomas - UMASS Amherst D1 193 RPI
                            Sarah Boule - Elon University D1 224 RPI
                            Kristen Kotspopoulos - Duquesne University D1 227 RPI
                            Melanie DaSilva - Sacred Heart University D1 236 RPI
                            Alexandra Spangler - Bryant University D1 292 RPI
                            Riley Wilde - Canisius College D1 307 RPI
                            Sarah Kate Norton - Quinnipiac Unversity D1 313 RPI
                            Ariana Silvia - Southern New Hampshire University D2
                            Madeline Maloney - Middlebury College D3
                            "Playing a sport that they love"...Let's not jump to conclusions. For some of those D1 schools we really do not know what the commit means. Perhaps it is only the promise of a preferred walk-on. Or maybe the promise of an invite to come to tryouts. It would not be the first time someone who buys the "D1 or bust" (or the parent) makes a face saving gesture. Heck, I've seen "commits" not even enroll at the school listed. Or enroll, and not even bother to try out for the team.

Way too much D1 emphasis.

Comment

"Playing a sport that they love"...Let's not jump to conclusions. For some of those D1 schools we really do not know what the commit means. Perhaps it is only the promise of a preferred walk-on. Or maybe the promise of an invite to come to tryouts. It would not be the first time someone who buys the "D1 or bust" (or the parent) makes a face saving gesture. Heck, I've seen "commits" not even enroll at the school listed. Or enroll, and not even bother to try out for the team.

Way too much D1 emphasis.
                              Those are U18s. Wasn't the recent question about U17s?

Comment

This list is not even close to complete. Saw an article on Mass Live about a player signing an NLI on signing day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X