Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Huh ??? What point are you making here. Please speak s l o w for me.
    The vast majority of 10 year old girls do not have the strength to use a large soccer field properly. The game tends to cluster in field quarters. Many of these fields are wet in the Spring especially in May when the grass tends to be growing faster than the cutting cycles. The bottom line is that they need to be playing in few numbers on a smaller field. This equals more touches and a better playing environment. My ultimate point is that playing 11 v 11 at U11 is a waste of time and just another example of the stupidity that permeates youth soccer in the US.

- Cujo

PS - Now that wasn't that hard was it..............

Comment

The vast majority of 10 year old girls do not have the strength to use a large soccer field properly. The game tends to cluster in field quarters. Many of these fields are wet in the Spring especially in May when the grass tends to be growing faster than the cutting cycles. The bottom line is that they need to be playing in few numbers on a smaller field. This equals more touches and a better playing environment. My ultimate point is that playing 11 v 11 at U11 is a waste of time and just another example of the stupidity that permeates youth soccer in the US.

- Cujo

PS - Now that wasn't that hard was it..............
      Yaaaaaaaa! We all agree with your point that 11 v 11 on a full sized pitch is stupid. Post #14 was echoing exactly the same sentiment, and your post read like you thought that post was ridiculous. When in actuality the Poster agreed with you that 11 v 11 for 11 yr olds is a waste of time. Were all good now! Alright? Good stuff. See you out there...

Comment

Re-read Cujo's #14. He was chummily agreeing with poster #13, and employed some sarcasm in the process.
        "Hey man..."

And then he put down poster #12.

Comment

Sorry, meant to say 14, 13, and then 8.

Comment

Anyone know when schedules are supposed to come out on this one?

Comment

pda showcase schedules

Anyone know when schedules are supposed to come out on this one?
              If you have the badge, your schedules have been posted for months now.....for the rest.....you will have to wait
              http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....3329/TEAM.html

scroll down to May 23rd

Comment

Okay, not that I disagree with the stupidity of 11 v 11 for younger kids, but it doesn't end there. Tournament style play (3-4 and sometimes 5 games in a 2-3 day span) is stupidity at its best. Just saying..

Comment

I watched some 11v11 U11/12 soccer up at Seacoast last weekend and I was expecting the worst based on comments on this thread. To my surprise the girls played well and the Aztec team looked very good.

Comment

Okay, not that I disagree with the stupidity of 11 v 11 for younger kids, but it doesn't end there. Tournament style play (3-4 and sometimes 5 games in a 2-3 day span) is stupidity at its best. Just saying..
                    So then what - make it a four day event so kids can miss school and parents take time off? It's not ideal but isn't that bad. Games are shorter don't forget. Tournaments suit many purposes. If you don't like it don't go. I'm sure your club will be very supportive of it.

Comment

So then what - make it a four day event so kids can miss school and parents take time off? It's not ideal but isn't that bad. Games are shorter don't forget. Tournaments suit many purposes. If you don't like it don't go. I'm sure your club will be very supportive of it.
                      First of all...I don't run to my coach or club every time I disagree with something. I do not operate under the illusion that I, or my family are the most important, or most educated.

My comment was nothing more than an observation that the choice to play 11 v 11 at U11 is not the only youth soccer decision that doesn't reflect the best interests of the players.

I stand by my post, and add, playing 2, 60 minute games with a 1 hr break in between when it's 30-35 degrees and freezing rain is also stupidity at its best. My kid did it, and we went to support, but it was still incredibly stupid. No, we did not complain to the coach or club. We, along with all the other parents from both teams, had a hilarious discussion about how this scene would come across as a snapshot in time.

Comment

Pda still no schedule ?? Come on man

Comment

Pda schedule is out. Looks like grass fields are in use and great competition heading to NJ from MA.

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/master.aspx

Comment

I have to say the PDA Tournament was the best run event I have been to. The weather was excellent both days so I am sure that was a big part of it. The 2 field complexes and Rutgers were great with plenty of parking and a short walk to the fields. The scores were posted to the website quickly and the 3 games I attended had very good referees and the parents from both sidelines were well behaved. The soccer was very competitive as well.

Comment

I have to say the PDA Tournament was the best run event I have been to. The weather was excellent both days so I am sure that was a big part of it. The 2 field complexes and Rutgers were great with plenty of parking and a short walk to the fields. The scores were posted to the website quickly and the 3 games I attended had very good referees and the parents from both sidelines were well behaved. The soccer was very competitive as well.
                              That's what a real club does - has excellent facilities and well run tournaments. Some of our local clubs should take notes

Comment

That's what a real club does - has excellent facilities and well run tournaments. Some of our local clubs should take notes
                                The Bordentown fields where the U13 teams play are among the worst you'll ever play on if you have kids that attend tournaments like this. They're almost an hour from the main complex. And the tournament doesn't help coaches who coach multiple teams.

The tournament is good because PDA is one of the top 2-3 clubs in the country and they attract top teams, not because of how it's run or the fields.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X