Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Explain why having a facility in Lancaster is a prison, please. Is it the specific location? Are you saying that you'd rather have practices and games moved all over the place from week to week or season to season? How is that an advantage?...
    Because some of us prefer to drive to random town parks, to have our kids play on non-standard "fields," in near darkness. What is it about freedom and flexibility you don't understand?

Comment

Got me wondering... Who would make such an inverted argument againt a club having a facility, especially Stars? Why discourage clubs from independence from gouging facility owners. Oh. I get it now.
      Touchy... Point isn't facility which is an awesome accomplishment, the point is.... 'Is being isolated from HS soccer wrong for development' it was tongue in cheek...

Comment

Touchy... Point isn't facility which is an awesome accomplishment, the point is.... 'Is being isolated from HS soccer wrong for development' it was tongue in cheek...
        It is an interesting point. Youth soccer makes a lot of money for these facility owners e.g. Forekicks I - IV. The fact that they keep adding more underlines the fact. Not in their interest to admit that a club having its own fields is a good idea.

Comment

The first club around here to really have it's own "facility" was CRU. I remember Frank telling me that it was both a blessing and a curse because it was such a big nut to carry and when things went wrong you were pretty much stuck with them.

My personal opinion is that owning a facility is more about the "real estate deal" part of it than the soccer side and that makes it fairly tricky to figure out whether this was a good decision or not. You need to buy it and build it for the right price otherwise you end up just running the club to pay off the debt on it. If it was a bad decision where that typically would show up is in any potentially lost opportunities. Club soccer seems to be a lot about expansion right now and if a club has a ton of their money tied up into fixed assets they might not have the cash available to scoop up another club if a good situation presents itself. Aside from that though being able to practice on a quality field is always a positive.

--BTDT

Comment

The first club around here to really have it's own "facility" was CRU. I remember Frank telling me that it was both a blessing and a curse because it was such a big nut to carry and when things went wrong you were pretty much stuck with them.

My personal opinion is that owning a facility is more about the "real estate deal" part of it than the soccer side and that makes it fairly tricky to figure out whether this was a good decision or not. You need to buy it and build it for the right price otherwise you end up just running the club to pay off the debt on it. If it was a bad decision where that typically would show up is in any potentially lost opportunities. Club soccer seems to be a lot about expansion right now and if a club has a ton of their money tied up into fixed assets they might not have the cash available to scoop up another club if a good situation presents itself. Aside from that though being able to practice on a quality field is always a positive.

--BTDT
            Oh, look who has made an appearance. And in which threads.

Comment

--BTDT
              My understanding from a conversation last fall with a Stars staffer is that there are (or at least were) plans to add more fields at the Stars complex. There is certainly a lot more space available there. From the sound of it, they seemed to be planning at least 2 more fields. Anybody know, is this still the plan?

Comment

yes, 2 more fields along with a hotel and strip mall and Medical treatment center.

Comment

yes, 2 more fields along with a hotel and strip mall and Medical treatment center.
                  Is that the latest misinformation from the broker friend-of-a-friend of BTDT's?

Hey, BTDT, did you ever ask your broker friend-of-a-friend how she could get her insider information so wrong, so soon?

Comment

Is that the latest misinformation from the broker friend-of-a-friend of BTDT's?

Hey, BTDT, did you ever ask your broker friend-of-a-friend how she could get her insider information so wrong, so soon?
                    Does lying about the source of posts somehow validate your personal choices? More important do you really think that by erroneously pointing fingers at one specific person from a rival club that somehow the newbies are all going to look at the Stars in a different light? People like you actually do their clubs more harm than good because most people are sane and see the lunacy behind posts like this.

Comment

Does lying about the source of posts somehow validate your personal choices? More important do you really think that by erroneously pointing fingers at one specific person from a rival club that somehow the newbies are all going to look at the Stars in a different light? People like you actually do their clubs more harm than good because most people are sane and see the lunacy behind posts like this.
                      But then again here you are (again) today. Amazing how that is always the case.

Comment

You can and will double and triple down on your lying, BTDT. How "newbies" look at Stars is not my concern. Keep shilling, disgracefully, for NEFC, though. We know you won't disappoint.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X