Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Exactly!! Sam snow from usyouthsoccer soccer pointed out that the problem with development in the US is this kind of mentality from the large clubs in america. To your point gps fit the bill of what Sam Snow is against. GPS is not a club were development and creating top players for the good of the game is priority .
    This is why they will never get DAP status.
    Don't you think it is funny that they have ID tryouts in the middle of winter in the name of Bayern . The ages they are going after is U11 and u12. Ussoccer has mandated that dap academies go to u12 this year.Gps is trying to grab as many young kids as they can before it happens.This way when they do go to revs,bolts or seacoast they can say they developed them.

"This is why they will never get DAP status"
    Aside from the MLS clubs (however some are the same), all the other DAP teams have done exactly this. Have you seen how well the numerous second tier teams at Bolts, and Seacoast do?
    All over the country the DAP clubs have many many second and third....and fourth... tier teams.
    GPS will not get a DAP while there are already enough in the region. However, they would likely put together better teams than the Bolts or Seacoast.

Comment

This is the USofA pay-to-play.
      Clubs make money by having customers. The more customers, the more money.

Law of numbers, some of those customers might get advanced. The more you have, the higher chances of that happening.

Since they have a pyramid of pushing players up levels and their base is that much bigger, they obviously stand a better chance than the rest with their top teams. The only alternative in the US for success is inbred coaches/DOCS/BOD with kids/relatives dominating one age group. They have a vested interest in the individual success.

Comment

Hmm.... at the U18 Level
        GPS NH lost 0-4 to Stars
        GPS NH lost 0-1 to Aztecs

U17
        GPS NH lost 0-1 to Stars
        GPS Boston Elite lost 0-1 to FC Bolts
        GPS North Elite lost 0-1 to NEFC

U16
        GPS NPL won 2-0 over Fuller Hamlets
        GPS MA won GPS NH 1-0
        GPS Central lost 0-3 to Stars
        GPS South won 4-2 over Sachems
        GPS Boston Select won 2-0 over FC United

Those last two were in the lowest bracket.

I don't have time to do the rest, but maybe it gets better?
        I cannot speak to U16, but as far U17 teams go, GPS had eight teams competing. Of these, only two are strong teams. The GPS NPL teams is very good team and probably among the top 3 or 4 non-DAP sides in New England. The GPS ME Phoenix Elite teams is also good - not as good as the NPL side (this was the old Bulldogs team), but still pretty good. The rest are weak to mediocre. Both of these teams played in the top group. The top group of the NEFC Preseason was fairly strong, though there were one or two sides that should have been moved from the silver group to the gold group and vice versa.

As far as the central issue goes here, GPS usually fields one or two teams in each age group that are very good. This trend will continue - particularly given their tendency to acquire clubs. For example, the GPS ME Phoenix Elite team was part of a club that was acquired by GPS. They were not developed by GPS. Make no mistake though, the majority of their teams are nothing special. I'm not trying to be critical, just being objective here.

Comment

I cannot speak to U16, but as far U17 teams go, GPS had eight teams competing. Of these, only two are strong teams. The GPS NPL teams is very good team and probably among the top 3 or 4 non-DAP sides in New England. The GPS ME Phoenix Elite teams is also good - not as good as the NPL side (this was the old Bulldogs team), but still pretty good. The rest are weak to mediocre. Both of these teams played in the top group. The top group of the NEFC Preseason was fairly strong, though there were one or two sides that should have been moved from the silver group to the gold group and vice versa.

As far as the central issue goes here, GPS usually fields one or two teams in each age group that are very good. This trend will continue - particularly given their tendency to acquire clubs. For example, the GPS ME Phoenix Elite team was part of a club that was acquired by GPS. They were not developed by GPS. Make no mistake though, the majority of their teams are nothing special. I'm not trying to be critical, just being objective here.

Yes, the GPS NPL teams are good. The rest are mediocre. But that is a far cry from the OP stating that GPS is dominating. Maybe if the GPS NPL teams win most of the State Cups (in whatever flavor), then there is something to brag about. Until then, stay quiet.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X