X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    lol..which part is Fake? Must be a fan of the BB. You know, Bucci Bullsheet
    The haters will hate...........that's all I am saying.

Comment

And the rosters will keep growing....

Comment

From my experience with STA there are plenty of girls to make up multiple teams. Not to mention lots of interest in the DA from the outside. And not everyone there wants to do DA so will be viable B and C teams. The intent of the club is that DA in now in addition to the existing teams so the lower level teams will continue to get the same development as before.
        I hope so and it would be great if they can field multiple teams so kids at varying levels and degrees of commitment can keep playing. Too often we see every resource thrown at the top team and the rest of the kids getting kicked to the curb without a thought.

Comment

LOL. Just because people speak the truth and state facts doesn't make them haters. There is a reason Match Fit has a bad reputation and Dom Bucci is the biggest reason of them all

Comment

And the rosters will keep growing....

Ha ha. Yup. and the cool aid will continue to be drank by all

Comment

I hope so and it would be great if they can field multiple teams so kids at varying levels and degrees of commitment can keep playing. Too often we see every resource thrown at the top team and the rest of the kids getting kicked to the curb without a thought.

STA will continue to be a great club for kids to learn and grow. They are bringing in resources to support the new DA portion of the club. The non-DA teams should not change at all expect for maybe losing top players to DA. The only concern would be how well the DA teams do and if there is enough talent to be competitive. Judging from the ID sessions there are plenty of quality players looking to come in from the outside in all age groups so I expect they will do well.

Comment

So STA decides that Boys ECNL is the place to be for the boys, but for the Girls they choose GDA? I think they have it backwards. Boys DA is the top league in the Country and GDA is fast becoming the 3rd level league. What’s happening here? Are they trying to be the sub par club

Comment

They chose the leagues they knew would accept them. ECNL for girls is closed. That sh_t is not happening in NJ so they went DA.

Comment

They chose the leagues they knew would accept them. ECNL for girls is closed. That sh_t is not happening in NJ so they went DA.
                    Bad choice. They should have stayed with EDP NL. They shot too low with the third tier league

Comment

So STA decides that Boys ECNL is the place to be for the boys, but for the Girls they choose GDA? I think they have it backwards. Boys DA is the top league in the Country and GDA is fast becoming the 3rd level league. What’s happening here? Are they trying to be the sub par club
                      STA got what they could. The ECNL mafia doesn't want another team in NJ to be in. Plus STA is a threat to Matchfit with the close proximity. DA for the girls is a start for STA. DA is hardly a third Tier but yes its has its challenges especially the way ECNL clubs are marketing to parents. Girls youth soccer in this country has a lopsided view on what it takes to be Elite. When inferior High School level play becomes the highest priority leagues like the DA will suffer. At least in the Northeast.

Comment

Agreed. I really do not understand the obsession with whether a league allows for High School play or not. Almost all of the HS level play I have ever seen for both boys and girls has been so bad it is unreal. I am confident that my daughter's U12 club team would beat our HS Varsity girls team and if physicality was somehow removed they'd absolutely destroy them. Why the "HS vs. no HS" question is such a large factor is beyond me.

Comment

Agreed. I really do not understand the obsession with whether a league allows for High School play or not. Almost all of the HS level play I have ever seen for both boys and girls has been so bad it is unreal. I am confident that my daughter's U12 club team would beat our HS Varsity girls team and if physicality was somehow removed they'd absolutely destroy them. Why the "HS vs. no HS" question is such a large factor is beyond me.
                          Finally a parent that gets it. Think about all the money everyone spends on Club soccer. Why do we do it? To get the best level training we can get for our kids. Then when they are in high school we hand them over to a gym teacher with no credentials and play kick and run MMA style. SMH, I just don't get it. And the folks at ECNL are marketing HS like its part of their development.

Comment

But, but, but...you get to play with your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My D chuckles at that. She'd probably play it if she could, but doesn't miss it one bit (and her HS team does quite well). She figures she has just as much time playing with her friends in other activities. They can play HS soccer practice, and she goes to her Club practice, and they'll catch up later and hang out.

The issue is it's unusual for us who played HS sports. That's now how we did it (there was nothing else), so it's hard for parents to grasp things are different today.

Comment

Yea and in the end you just end up with two sets of friends and bigger social circle, which is great. If the local soccer kids hold a grudge against a kid for not playing HS then they're not worth much as friends anyway.

Comment

Yea and in the end you just end up with two sets of friends and bigger social circle, which is great. If the local soccer kids hold a grudge against a kid for not playing HS then they're not worth much as friends anyway.
                                Yep. My daughter likes that she has a group of friends outside of school that she hangs with. Expands her footprint.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X