Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston having an ID camp for DA?

So how desperate is Weston. On there site it says they are having an ID camp for the academy... Really my guess its to drum up money. Went to tryouts a year ago and play a whole month and at the last cut they say no. OK with that but sad they don't remember any of the kids that go through tryouts and keep an eye to see if they grow or become better. So to me this sounds fishy. So what they will take the Boca kids that are running from that program. This won't help Weston

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So how desperate is Weston. On there site it says they are having an ID camp for the academy... Really my guess its to drum up money. Went to tryouts a year ago and play a whole month and at the last cut they say no. OK with that but sad they don't remember any of the kids that go through tryouts and keep an eye to see if they grow or become better. So to me this sounds fishy. So what they will take the Boca kids that are running from that program. This won't help Weston
    Every DA should have an ID camp. I do not recommend going if you are not confident in your skills. in other words, if you are too stupid to pay for a ID Camp at a club you will never make you deserve to be robbed.

Comment

Weston is charging $599 for the ID camp.

Comment

Weston is charging $599 for the ID camp.
        So save your money if you don't belong.

Comment

The ID camp is free. Don't be a hating idiot.

Comment

While the kids are in the ID camp, there will be a seminar for parents - "How to help get your child selected for a National Team pool."

Comment

Please just have your parent hang out there every practice and pay someone. Not to hard but you have to play the game. And Weston will charge and won't pick anyone good. If you big and strong go for it or leaving Kendall or Boca then ya you could make it. They really don't look for any skill.

Comment

Link? No such thing. Resource? DA tryouts are by invitation only.

Comment

It's for younger ages. Weston teams lack creativity because they over emphasize combine style evaluations. They should just openly recruit based on performance. Then you see how somebody really plays. Now they get by on physical talent. When that equals out (like when they play MLS academies) the lack of style and substance shows. That being said, most of South Florida lacks talent--much less style. Small clubs should consolidate with other clubs to pool talent, players and coaches.

Comment

Go to there web page and you see it for I think tonight. Who does the middle of the week??? anyway it is for 99 down. but don't hold your breath they will still and always will look for physical not creativity. they have no idea how to see that like every other DA in the South. Its about money to them. Plus the fact that this year they are not doing so well surprise. you guessed it all the other DA's are now as big strong and fast and some of the top ones have talent. Weston does not. True if they would look around there are a few very good players still playing club by choice.

Comment

It's the process that is flawed. You can't see creativity in a tryout type process. Has to be games. The rest of the world knows that much.

Comment

It's for younger ages. Weston teams lack creativity because they over emphasize combine style evaluations. They should just openly recruit based on performance. Then you see how somebody really plays. Now they get by on physical talent. When that equals out (like when they play MLS academies) the lack of style and substance shows. That being said, most of South Florida lacks talent--much less style. Small clubs should consolidate with other clubs to pool talent, players and coaches.
                        Some of the Weston academy teams play good soccer. have to disagree w/ your criticism. the non-DA Weston teams I agree 100% with your criticism. Weston is slowly improving their coaching. their recent hires are good coaches. the ones around since 2011 or 2012 need to be replaced. come to your own conclusions.

Comment

Thats a joke. Good play in the upper level teams... NO way. They are very physical and strong but not a lot of game understanding or skill. Was one that tried out a year ago and told skill was great but not strong enough or physical enough. Well now we have 4 D1 schools interested from one showcase and will be hitting a few more this year. They liked his skill and his soccer IQ. So with Victor P in charge please don't expect them or him to pick skilled players. Won't ever happen. program will go downhill.

Comment

Thats a joke. Good play in the upper level teams... NO way. They are very physical and strong but not a lot of game understanding or skill. Was one that tried out a year ago and told skill was great but not strong enough or physical enough. Well now we have 4 D1 schools interested from one showcase and will be hitting a few more this year. They liked his skill and his soccer IQ. So with Victor P in charge please don't expect them or him to pick skilled players. Won't ever happen. program will go downhill.
                            Just b/c your kid is not one of 18 selected for Weston DA does not mean he can't play. Let's say he's a skilled midfielder. It is very possible there are 3 or 4 kids at Weston that are better or at least comparable. But to your point - there are lots of kids not in DA that can flat out play. Not being picked doesn't mean you don't have a damn good player as a son. Nor should your son even think twice about it.

My experience with Weston DA is that there are like 4 or 5 kids on roster due to size primarily. But the rest are skillful. Many soccer clubs have a few physical players that are below average on skills but provide physicality when you need it. It is part of the game. I don't find Weston in this respect different from many other clubs. And don't forget that coaches make mistakes. Talent evaluators make mistakes. This is not a perfect science and the success rate is not 100%.

Comment

Just b/c your kid is not one of 18 selected for Weston DA does not mean he can't play. Let's say he's a skilled midfielder. It is very possible there are 3 or 4 kids at Weston that are better or at least comparable. But to your point - there are lots of kids not in DA that can flat out play. Not being picked doesn't mean you don't have a damn good player as a son. Nor should your son even think twice about it.

My experience with Weston DA is that there are like 4 or 5 kids on roster due to size primarily. But the rest are skillful. Many soccer clubs have a few physical players that are below average on skills but provide physicality when you need it. It is part of the game. I don't find Weston in this respect different from many other clubs. And don't forget that coaches make mistakes. Talent evaluators make mistakes. This is not a perfect science and the success rate is not 100%.
                              You are forgetting the one (or two) that are on the team because of being the son of someone "important" that works for and/or has ties to the club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X