FC Boston moves to Plymouth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does any of this have to do with whether the guy can start a region? I think as jam-packed with clubs as the south shore is, the Plymouth area has a lot kids. It's pretty not an overly hard job. I'm fond of some friendly competition!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Can't believe I'm going to do this, but here goes. Maybe I am a troll, but one who is just expressing a most certainly on-topic opinion on this anonymous message board, which is what its made for. I portrayed him accurately based on experience with him. Perhaps a bit harsh, but hardly slanderous or poisonous (I like that one). He's a very personable and nice guy, I just don't think a very good youth coach. Maybe a better fit for boys or different ages

The girls may have been first team within the club, but let's be honest, the best players from the town don't play for DFC. That's why I said they were C team or rec players. No delusions about my D ability, DFC was the right level and fit for her. The majority of better players in town on the girls side in this age range were at DU or PTUSA/Coastal or SSS.

PK practice was definitely not optional. He's a pleasant enough guy, but never saw evidence of being receptive to parental feedback. Vast majority of the girls on the team last year were also DFC lifers and not from other clubs, 1 or 2 at the most.

Every youth head coach I know keeps all of the passcards with them, including asst coaches, so they always have them. No excuse for a qualified and registered coach to show up to a game without one. And it happened more than once.
      I think I understand why you don't like him. You said he is never receptive to parents feedback. You probably went to him suggested something to him and he didn't do you what you said.
      On the pass card issue in my experience the team managers are the ones responsible for bring pass cards and rosters to the games. Maybe in town soccer the coaches bring them but not club.

Comment

FC Boston is on the decline, but they are still way above Liverpool. With the exception of a few coaches, Liverpool is a glorified town program. FC Boston was hit hard with the Breakers and NEFC merger. To be successful, FC Boston needs to find fields in the Plymouth area. Liverpool was smart when they moved to Bridgewater and over took over the area. Coastal has benefited with the buy out from UK Elite. Its the only affiliation that is more than just a uniform. Unless your child is on a top team playing in the top league you are just wasting your money.

Comment

I think I understand why you don't like him. You said he is never receptive to parents feedback. You probably went to him suggested something to him and he didn't do you what you said.
          On the pass card issue in my experience the team managers are the ones responsible for bring pass cards and rosters to the games. Maybe in town soccer the coaches bring them but not club.
          10+ years in clubs through 2 children and the managers has always handled the cards. If the manager wasn't there, it was delegated to another parent.

Comment

FC Boston is on the decline, but they are still way above Liverpool. With the exception of a few coaches, Liverpool is a glorified town program. FC Boston was hit hard with the Breakers and NEFC merger. To be successful, FC Boston needs to find fields in the Plymouth area. Liverpool was smart when they moved to Bridgewater and over took over the area. Coastal has benefited with the buy out from UK Elite. Its the only affiliation that is more than just a uniform. Unless your child is on a top team playing in the top league you are just wasting your money.
            Generally speaking, a fair assessment. Liverpool will get hit hard by this, Coastal to a much lesser extent.

Comment

PG to lead the New Plymouth Satellite? Good job FM!

Comment

He's already secured fields in Plymouth and has a number of interested players

Comment

If that is the case, Liverpool might be in trouble.

Comment

No way! How do you know?

Haha the guy who said "good job FM" sounded incredibly sarcastic... in my head at least. I say good on the guy, we're all just trying to do what we think is best in the sport we love.

Comment

No way! How do you know?

Haha the guy who said "good job FM" sounded incredibly sarcastic... in my head at least. I say good on the guy, we're all just trying to do what we think is best in the sport we love.
                      What world do you live in? Do you know TD, FM, and PT? They only care about themselves and money. The main reason the area is so screwed up is Moe, Larry and Curly.

Comment

There are coaches with other clubs that are interested too. Any idea where the fields are?

Comment

There are coaches with other clubs that are interested too. Any idea where the fields are?
                          Brand new fields on the water at 602 Rocky Hill Rd. Strangely no one else wanted them.

Comment

Brand new fields on the water at 602 Rocky Hill Rd. Strangely no one else wanted them.
                            Now that is funny

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X