Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So... you proved the person you answered correct. Playing in college has nothing to do with skill, or level of team your on. It's all about who your DOC knows and if he goes to bat for you
    Gross oversimplification. Playing in college is similar to being chosen for id2, PDP, ODP, ECNL, College ID Camp, WNT, etc. Your DOC, coach, etc. can make a phone call and help get your kid to the tryout but once the whistle blows at the tryout your kid either has it or they don't. Especially as far as making a college team. That college coach has absolutely no incentive to take a kid that can't get it done at that level!

Comment

Gross oversimplification. Playing in college is similar to being chosen for id2, PDP, ODP, ECNL, College ID Camp, WNT, etc. Your DOC, coach, etc. can make a phone call and help get your kid to the tryout but once the whistle blows at the tryout your kid either has it or they don't. Especially as far as making a college team. That college coach has absolutely no incentive to take a kid that can't get it done at that level!
      Truth. Getting invited to tryouts can be political but at the higher levels if the kid doesn't belong there they will get exposed in the first 5-8 minutes of play.

Comment

So... you proved the person you answered correct. Playing in college has nothing to do with skill, or level of team your on. It's all about who your DOC knows and if he goes to bat for you
        You cannot possibly be this stupid in real life are you?

Comment

Truth. Getting invited to tryouts can be political but at the higher levels if the kid doesn't belong there they will get exposed in the first 5-8 minutes of play.
          Saw this happen at an id2 event. Mom pulled strings to get her kid invited. After about 10 minutes the coach sent the kid to the bench and she never set foot on the field again.

Sad thing is, someone truly worthy of being there didn't get the chance.

Comment

You cannot possibly be this stupid in real life are you?
            Tough time following the plot ehh?

Comment

Saw this happen at an id2 event. Mom pulled strings to get her kid invited. After about 10 minutes the coach sent the kid to the bench and she never set foot on the field again.

Sad thing is, someone truly worthy of being there didn't get the chance.
              Any club that does that shouldn't be participating - or at a minimum not the coach. I know it's impossible to make everything politics free, but things like that, OPD. even DA where it is supposed to be about skill yet sometimes isn't? Even if it doesn't happen often it tarnishes a whole program

Comment

Tbu is the best club in the state and they deserve to be there

Comment

Tough time following the plot ehh?
                  I guess he is that stupid in real life

Comment

Tbu is the best club in the state and they deserve to be there
                    Oh, no! I laughed so hard, that I sharted!!!

Comment

Oh, no! I laughed so hard, that I sharted!!!
                      Middle school must have gotten out early today.....

Comment

Middle school must have gotten out early today.....
                        I know, right? ANYONE that believes that TBU is the best club in the state is obviously still in middle school!

Comment

I know, right? ANYONE that believes that TBU is the best club in the state is obviously still in middle school!
                          Pretty sure the OP was referring to the sharter's moronic sense of humor - that could only belong to a middle-schooler.

Comment

The DOC attends no practices or games, but then flies to LA. I think they should be more involved at the local level first, then expand out. It's just not morally right in my book.

Comment

TBU is a money grabbing institution only concerned about their top level teams. They cover everyone else in promise to get your money and never follow through. They have been doing this for years! And no my child was not cut from the top team. My kid refused the offer due to the attitude of the coach and recognizing the political bull**** over a few years of playing there.

Comment

TBU is fine yes some issues but minor in the big picture best club level place to play if your in south florida north broward or south palm beach. BU if you like the Academy play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X