Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBU Staff wasting money in LA

Tbu staff is in LA and posting on the club Twitter site to make the membership think they are there for our kids. Would love to see how much of the clubs money was wasted on those clowns to make it their vacation. I really think the club thinks the parents are stupid.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tbu staff is in LA and posting on the club Twitter site to make the membership think they are there for our kids. Would love to see how much of the clubs money was wasted on those clowns to make it their vacation. I really think the club thinks the parents are stupid.
    Well your still writing checks ...STUPID

Comment

Its called networking. Many, if not all of the movers and shakers in the soccer community including college coaches are there. This is the place to be seen and make connections.

Comment

Who cares...

Fees are the same at TBU then the small club we came from and we have had 3 times the amount of games already and much more success.

Comment

Charlie Slagle, the TBU CEO attended because Charlie became president of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) in January of 2017. The NSCAA has a membership of 30,000 and is the largest coaching association in the world and are holding their Annual Meeting in LA. As a TBU parent I am quite fine with him and others participating in this conference.

We're very lucky to have several TBU club leaders connected at the National level with coaches around the Country. I'm amazed at how that network is paying dividends now that our daughter is being recruited by colleges. I'd say send more coaches to the Conference next year!

Comment

Who cares...

Fees are the same at TBU then the small club we came from and we have had 3 times the amount of games already and much more success.
            Couldn't agree with you more!

Comment

Cheers to that ...Drink up mates, the tabs on them STUPID ****ers back home!

Comment

They are probably going to meetings like:

How To Lie To Parents And Get AwayWith It

How Many Practices Does A Head Coach Have To Attend

And

How To Play The Sucky Kids when Their Parents Pay You Extra

Comment

Can't blame the club. They know the reason people spend so much on soccer club stuff is because parents really want their kids to play soccer in college. I've never understood why this is - the money and time spent can't justify it - the scholarships just aren't that valuable for most players. But it does create a lot of pride for parents and a feeling of success for the players, so I guess that's worth a lot. It just depends on if they are going to look back on it all with fond memories I think, and then it is a very expensive and time consuming fond memory. Practically speaking, it only makes sense for the kids you can't keep in the classroom because they just have to be out playing soccer. The ones who love soccer so much they don't care about better paying futures. For the rest, it might be a fun time in college, for most it will be miserable because they won't play. Don't blame the club, they are out in California making connections to get more of your kids in college programs, because that's what you want. And they are there to grow the soccer business which is what they want. That's what they need to be able to advertise to keep the club growing and attracting better and better players.

Comment

Can't blame the club. They know the reason people spend so much on soccer club stuff is because parents really want their kids to play soccer in college. I've never understood why this is - the money and time spent can't justify it - the scholarships just aren't that valuable for most players. But it does create a lot of pride for parents and a feeling of success for the players, so I guess that's worth a lot. It just depends on if they are going to look back on it all with fond memories I think, and then it is a very expensive and time consuming fond memory. Practically speaking, it only makes sense for the kids you can't keep in the classroom because they just have to be out playing soccer. The ones who love soccer so much they don't care about better paying futures. For the rest, it might be a fun time in college, for most it will be miserable because they won't play. Don't blame the club, they are out in California making connections to get more of your kids in college programs, because that's what you want. And they are there to grow the soccer business which is what they want. That's what they need to be able to advertise to keep the club growing and attracting better and better players.
                    It's all a business. Even at nonprofit clubs, at the end of the day, it's a business. Anyone who thinks clubs are in it for their love of the children or wanting to improve US soccer needs to have their head examined.

Comment

Its called networking. Many, if not all of the movers and shakers in the soccer community including college coaches are there. This is the place to be seen and make connections.
                      Bhahahahaha.... you think because the TBU brass is in LA it improves your chances of playing in College? You really are stupid, if that what it takes why train? Why apend money for tournaments? I mean if a College coach needs a player to make his team good and it's between a good player and your average player you think he is taking average? Why because TBU hung out with them??? Keep drinking the Cool Aid

Comment

Bhahahahaha.... you think because the TBU brass is in LA it improves your chances of playing in College? You really are stupid, if that what it takes why train? Why apend money for tournaments? I mean if a College coach needs a player to make his team good and it's between a good player and your average player you think he is taking average? Why because TBU hung out with them??? Keep drinking the Cool Aid
                        TBU got nearly 40 girls from TBU verbally committing to college last year, so I think they might know a little more about it than you.

All things being equal (or even close), if you don't think having some rapport with the college coach, and knowing they can call the club coach who will shoot straight about about a player on all of the intangibles that matter, you are quite the fool.

Comment

TBU got nearly 40 girls from TBU verbally committing to college last year, so I think they might know a little more about it than you.

All things being equal (or even close), if you don't think having some rapport with the college coach, and knowing they can call the club coach who will shoot straight about about a player on all of the intangibles that matter, you are quite the fool.
                          For sure. Matter of fact, it's reaching the point where if your daughter is interested in a particular college program, not only is there a really good chance that a TBU coach knows one of their coaches but there may be a TBU alumni player that you can call about that school and get the player's perspective.

Comment

Charlie Slagle, the TBU CEO attended because Charlie became president of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) in January of 2017. The NSCAA has a membership of 30,000 and is the largest coaching association in the world and are holding their Annual Meeting in LA. As a TBU parent I am quite fine with him and others participating in this conference.

We're very lucky to have several TBU club leaders connected at the National level with coaches around the Country. I'm amazed at how that network is paying dividends now that our daughter is being recruited by colleges. I'd say send more coaches to the Conference next year!
                            Slagle's trip to LA isn't costing the TBU club anything - his trip is entirely paid for by the NSCAA because he is the president of it and has to help run the conference.

Comment

So... you proved the person you answered correct. Playing in college has nothing to do with skill, or level of team your on. It's all about who your DOC knows and if he goes to bat for you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X