Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futsal 2017

There's been a lot of crazy posts about futsal teams here. I thought we should start a more constructive discussion of this season's futsal action.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's been a lot of crazy posts about futsal teams here. I thought we should start a more constructive discussion of this season's futsal action.
    NEFC's in-house futsal league is a complete waste of time.

Comment

Futsal is a training tool, nothing more. There are people with a financial interest in the local leagues that don't like the idea that clubs like NEFC use it for what it is and don't turn it into some wonder drug that will turn all the players into Brazilian magicians.

Comment

Futsal is a training tool, nothing more. There are people with a financial interest in the local leagues that don't like the idea that clubs like NEFC use it for what it is and don't turn it into some wonder drug that will turn all the players into Brazilian magicians.

Why can't it be both? Why, in your eyes, can't clubs use it as a training tool, while others want to build leagues and make it into a financial win?
        On the one hand it puts kids into tight situations require quick decisions and plays along with increasing foot speed.
        On the other hand, it is a great game to play and to watch. For the latter, I would love to see it as a league. I also think that more Americans might appreciate watching the speed of futsal than the larger game of soccer....imho

Comment

^^

Agree with this. Yes, its just a tool, and a great one at that. So, if people want to run a league so there is competition and turn a buck, fine.

Comment

Why can't it be both? Why, in your eyes, can't clubs use it as a training tool, while others want to build leagues and make it into a financial win?
            On the one hand it puts kids into tight situations require quick decisions and plays along with increasing foot speed.
            On the other hand, it is a great game to play and to watch. For the latter, I would love to see it as a league. I also think that more Americans might appreciate watching the speed of futsal than the larger game of soccer....imho
            4v4 small sided training session-all u need.

Comment

yeah but I how do I keep score, and see my child win.

Comment

Why pay to play futsal when it is included in the fee with most of the sizable clubs these days. It really comes down to how much extra training is necessary and whether or not futsal is the best choice for those extra hours. If the club is doing their job right why add even more soccer training? For my money I would rather put my kid in a good strength and conditioning program to try and deal with the inevitable over use injuries you get from these kids playing way too much soccer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You missed part of the point above but also make a good point....whether you know it or not.
                  First, part of the post above suggests that Futsal may be a great game alone and that competitive leagues, perhaps even professional ones might make for a great entertaining sport totally aside from outside soccer. Beach soccer has already become that.....well is trying to. Personally, I don't care much for the Beach soccer, but that is just my opinion.

The point that you might purposefully or not purposefully be making is in regard to training. Sure 4 x 4 soccer offers the same quickness and fast decision making in small spaces just as futsal does. To support your negative tone toward Futsal, I would have further asked the question 'does play with a futsal ball help or hinder your play with a regular soccer ball?'. It is hinders it then why play futsal at all? If it helps the carry on.

All this brings me back to my substantive point in that Futsal is a great game and may see great success in being a sport totally aside from outdoor soccer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You missed part of the point above but also make a good point....whether you know it or not.
                    First, part of the post above suggests that Futsal may be a great game alone and that competitive leagues, perhaps even professional ones might make for a great entertaining sport totally aside from outside soccer. Beach soccer has already become that.....well is trying to. Personally, I don't care much for the Beach soccer, but that is just my opinion.

The point that you might purposefully or not purposefully be making is in regard to training. Sure 4 x 4 soccer offers the same quickness and fast decision making in small spaces just as futsal does. To support your negative tone toward Futsal, I would have further asked the question 'does play with a futsal ball help or hinder your play with a regular soccer ball?'. It is hinders it then why play futsal at all? If it helps the carry on.

All this brings me back to my substantive point in that Futsal is a great game and may see great success in being a sport totally aside from outdoor soccer.
                    We spend all our time copying the next great thing.

Comment

Why pay to play futsal when it is included in the fee with most of the sizable clubs these days. It really comes down to how much extra training is necessary and whether or not futsal is the best choice for those extra hours. If the club is doing their job right why add even more soccer training? For my money I would rather put my kid in a good strength and conditioning program to try and deal with the inevitable over use injuries you get from these kids playing way too much soccer.
                      It's included in NEFC's fee this year and it sucks. It's not futsal, it's soccer on basketball courts.

Comment

It's included in NEFC's fee this year and it sucks. It's not futsal, it's soccer on basketball courts.
                        basketball on

soccer field is not a futsal. Soccer on basketball court is.

Comment

basketball on

soccer field is not a futsal. Soccer on basketball court is.
                          Playing futsal on a basketball court, yes. Playing soccer on a basketball court, no.

There is a big deference, and its clear NEFC has no clue.

Comment

Playing futsal on a basketball court, yes. Playing soccer on a basketball court, no.

There is a big deference, and its clear NEFC has no clue.
                            Clubs use the word "futsal" to make it sound better and worth paying for soccer on basketball courts in the winter. Ok, throw in a weighted ball, big deal. I'm with above poster, I'd rather spend money and my kids time on offseason strength and conditioning. That will have more impact on improving their performance when the games really matter. But it's obvious that clubs want to be in your pocketbook all year around.

Comment

Clubs use the word "futsal" to make it sound better and worth paying for soccer on basketball courts in the winter. Ok, throw in a weighted ball, big deal. I'm with above poster, I'd rather spend money and my kids time on offseason strength and conditioning. That will have more impact on improving their performance when the games really matter. But it's obvious that clubs want to be in your pocketbook all year around.
                              Why just off-season s&c?
                              Another fallacy perpetuated by the money to spend:hire a coach to teach my skinny kid to be the Hulk...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X