Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Dap 04 clubs in New England Divison.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Dap 04 clubs in New England Divison.

I've been hearing many mixed things about who the top team is in the New England Divison for 04 boys. Many say Bolts or Nefc but I've heard some others. Can anyone clarify?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've been hearing many mixed things about who the top team is in the New England Divison for 04 boys. Many say Bolts or Nefc but I've heard some others. Can anyone clarify?
    No, please don't. It's u12-13 soccer. I though DA was about development, it's back to the club soccer ******* contest.

Comment

1. Troll
      2. Troll
      3. Troll
      4. Troll

Comment

let me guess, little Johnny either plays for the bolts or nefc? what a loser, i feel bad for your kid.

Comment

This thread is shaping up to be one big temper tantrum.

Comment

This thread is shaping up to be one big temper tantrum.
            Don't feed the troll. OP should lick his wounds or talk with whichever club he wanted to bit** about face to face like a real man

Comment

let me guess, little Johnny either plays for the bolts or nefc? what a loser, i feel bad for your kid.
              Way behind OP but this is a solid #2. Good job!

Comment

Who cares about the 04's? That's baby DA. I can't believe all these clubs let themselves be duped into a season long tryout so the real DA clubs can pilfer them each year.

Comment

Top teams for what? Making a national team? .. preparing for a future pro career? .. getting a college scholarship? .. making a good high school team? .. learning to love the game? You might want to clarify in your own mind what you are trying to accomplish before you go looking for a solution because there really isn't a club around here that can claim to do a good job on all those fronts. In fact none of the boys programs around here can claim to consistently do much more than help your son make their high school team.

Comment

Top teams for what? Making a national team? .. preparing for a future pro career? .. getting a college scholarship? .. making a good high school team? .. learning to love the game? You might want to clarify in your own mind what you are trying to accomplish before you go looking for a solution because there really isn't a club around here that can claim to do a good job on all those fronts. In fact none of the boys programs around here can claim to consistently do much more than help your son make their high school team.
                    Distant #3

Comment

Who cares about the 04's? That's baby DA. I can't believe all these clubs let themselves be duped into a season long tryout so the real DA clubs can pilfer them each year.
                      Parents are desperate to get their kids on the baby DA track as early as possible. A license for those clubs to print $$. Won't be long before U6 teams make town soccer irrelevant for the talented and ambitious.

Comment

Parents are desperate to get their kids on the baby DA track as early as possible. A license for those clubs to print $$. Won't be long before U6 teams make town soccer irrelevant for the talented and ambitious.
                        Hate to break it to you but town soccer is already irrelevant.

Comment

Hate to break it to you but town soccer is already irrelevant.
                          Irrelevant to whom and in what sense?

Comment

Distant #3
                            If you are looking for a club to help your son get recruited the best solution is to look for the one with the most college coaches on their staff because their connections and friendships will yield more opportunities for him than simply being able to put "played on a top team" on their resume. That assumes that you son actually has the ability to be a scholarship soccer player and since finding a scholarship is very hard to do in men's soccer because there are so few of them out there, that means he actually has to viewed as one of the very best players in his class in this state. Truthfully if your son is already a Freshman he has either been identified as a potential scholarship prospect or he has not. Simply switching clubs will not make a difference in your son's ability to earn a college scholarship if he isn't already viewed as one of the small handful of soccer players who are seen as impact players.

Comment

It is not desperation, it is reality that the identification of potential scholarship prospects starts in middle school. The problem with club soccer these days is the clubs often don't tell parents until usually way late in the game that their child is not really good enough to play soccer at the colleges they are typically going to steer them to go. The clubs typically have the whole team searching for scholarships as though they were all top level recruits which puts a substantial portion of them through a demoralizing process of rejection. The really sad part is any experienced club coach actually knows pretty early on where a kid projects to be able to play but most hold that information close to the vest so as to not upset the stream of paying customers. As a parent, you really need to be brutally objective about your child's ability to play soccer before you go chasing scholarships. If you are not seeing your son or daughter dazzle club coaches by the 7th grade don't fool yourself into thinking that jumping into the pay to play game in a big way will make a difference because it won't.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X