WNT head coach Jill Ellis headlines Girls' Development Academy Launch Meeting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has there even been a successful women's league in any sport? No one is paying to watch a slower, less athletic version of any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You lost me when you spoke about pro careers for women. There are far more pro spots for men than there are for women
      There are so few pro paths for women in any sport, let alone soccer. MNBA maybe. Tennis and golf pay well if you're at the top of your game. There's just not much of a TV/advertising market for women's sports and that drives salaries and sponsorship $$

Comment

Same old sorry play book. When you have nothing to offer in a discussion trout out your lame btdt drama. Face it, you know nothing about the topic.
        Well, I don't pontificate on any topic so I don't pretend to know things I don't like you do. That said, I'll be glad to compare knowledge and life decisions with you any day. So sick of you blaming every real and imagined problem on the folks you say don't matter. No one cares about women's soccer. Can't even keep a league afloat in this country. Meanwhile, MLS, comparatively, is flourishing and growing with more expansion teams coming.

Comment

You might want to start with this as a primer

https://sites.duke.edu/wcwp/tourname...ble-countries/

The money on the women's side isn't anywhere near what it is on the men's side but there is a livable wage out there to be earned and with signing of Morgan over in France it shows that there are professional teams around the world willing to pay quite a bit more than a basic livable wage.

Comment

Well, I don't pontificate on any topic so I don't pretend to know things I don't like you do. That said, I'll be glad to compare knowledge and life decisions with you any day. So sick of you blaming every real and imagined problem on the folks you say don't matter. No one cares about women's soccer. Can't even keep a league afloat in this country. Meanwhile, MLS, comparatively, is flourishing and growing with more expansion teams coming.
            Then why are you in this thread? You clearly don't know the first thing about the upper echelons of the game which this thread is about so who really cares what you are personally sick of. Recreational players (those 99.99%) are no more relevant to international level soccer players than an international level soccer player is to a recreational level player. The issue is they each have completely different wants, needs and desires which put them on completely different paths. It is only whack jobs like you that for some weird reason begrudge the difference in the opportunities and want to argue against giving the top echelon players the opportunity to train and play with like skilled and motived players.

Comment

Gotta understand the NESCAC inferiority complex to understand why the loon can't stand the idea that some kids are better athletes and better students. The guy just has a monstrous chip on his shoulder so you just have to ignore him.

Comment

You might want to start with this as a primer

https://sites.duke.edu/wcwp/tourname...ble-countries/

The money on the women's side isn't anywhere near what it is on the men's side but there is a livable wage out there to be earned and with signing of Morgan over in France it shows that there are professional teams around the world willing to pay quite a bit more than a basic livable wage.
                A link to a Duke website. Shocker.

Comment

Gotta understand the NESCAC inferiority complex to understand why the loon can't stand the idea that some kids are better athletes and better students. The guy just has a monstrous chip on his shoulder so you just have to ignore him.
                  Responding to yourself again. It's official. You're psychotic. NO ONE is begrudging anyone except for you. Everyone agrees the top echelon should be in their own program. Everyone agrees top echelon players don't spend a second thinking about NESCAC. It's YOU who is obsessed with the 99.9% and wants to blame everything from what happens to the top echelon to the Russian hack on the 99.9%. Just leave us losers alone and forge ahead with those lofty FDU/MCLA hopes and dreams.

Comment

Responding to yourself again. It's official. You're psychotic. NO ONE is begrudging anyone except for you. Everyone agrees the top echelon should be in their own program. Everyone agrees top echelon players don't spend a second thinking about NESCAC. It's YOU who is obsessed with the 99.9% and wants to blame everything from what happens to the top echelon to the Russian hack on the 99.9%. Just leave us losers alone and forge ahead with those lofty FDU/MCLA hopes and dreams.
                    Sure you begrudge otherwise why would you even open a thread about the DA. You constantly troll threads about opportunities geared towards true elite level players and your post screams of your jealousy for not having a child good enough to earn those opportunities. Otherwise why the personal slams? Parents like you with marginally talented players are a serious impediment to developing the sort of players Ellis is looking for because you want the whole system to be dumbed down so your kids can participate and use your money to force them where they don't belong. There is no one but you who believes that having a bunch of bunch of D3 bound players in environments supposedly geared for the upper tier players is a good thing.

Comment

Why would someone so desperately concerned with the tragic plight of national team players spend now more than a decade trolling a very local youth soccer website intended for the masses? Wouldn't his time be better spent on websites specific to that very exclusive level of play where he could rant about lack of playing time? I sure hope this isn't the same dude who for years insisted that leagues and teams and exclusive levels of play mean absolutely nothing because it's all about individual talent and desire. Or maybe all of that obsession was just pure rage and resentment towards his trumped-up enemies. At any rate, the mind blowing contradiction and hypocrisy continue into 2017. What an impressive run lol.

Comment

A link to a Duke website. Shocker.
                        Lol. Google is a great thing unless you are dumb enough to believe that anyone here is monitoring all of the Duke University network domains for content. That's almost as insane as thinking someone can tell who makes an anonymous post on this cesspool of a website.

Comment

Sure you begrudge otherwise why would you even open a thread about the DA. You constantly troll threads about opportunities geared towards true elite level players and your post screams of your jealousy for not having a child good enough to earn those opportunities. Otherwise why the personal slams? Parents like you with marginally talented players are a serious impediment to developing the sort of players Ellis is looking for because you want the whole system to be dumbed down so your kids can participate and use your money to force them where they don't belong. There is no one but you who believes that having a bunch of bunch of D3 bound players in environments supposedly geared for the upper tier players is a good thing.
                          I do generally agree with this, but the only big difference I see with girls DA if it successfully replaces ECNL as the top program is that players won't waste important development time on high school soccer. I do hope GDAP succeeds, but it won't be light years better than ECNL.

Comment

Why would someone so desperately concerned with the tragic plight of national team players spend now more than a decade trolling a very local youth soccer website intended for the masses? Wouldn't his time be better spent on websites specific to that very exclusive level of play where he could rant about lack of playing time? I sure hope this isn't the same dude who for years insisted that leagues and teams and exclusive levels of play mean absolutely nothing because it's all about individual talent and desire. Or maybe all of that obsession was just pure rage and resentment towards his trumped-up enemies. At any rate, the mind blowing contradiction and hypocrisy continue into 2017. What an impressive run lol.
                            Guess this thread is really supposed to be about the needs of recreational soccer players then. The answer is simple, if you don't like the topic then don't participate in the discussion.

Comment

The psychosis and contradiction continue. Why do YOU always open and serially post your nonsense in clearly marked D3 threads? And how many times do we have to tell you we are all for the top 50 players in the country having their own program? The idea that anyone is jealous is ludicrous and self-serving fantasy. No one but you presumes their kid should or must be on a track for national glory, and that's in part why we don't share your need to punish and Siberia-ize our own kids.

Comment

I do generally agree with this, but the only big difference I see with girls DA if it successfully replaces ECNL as the top program is that players won't waste important development time on high school soccer. I do hope GDAP succeeds, but it won't be light years better than ECNL.
                                Did you read the article? Ellis is politely crapping all over the ECNL throughout it and if you actually read it you will realize that USYS is looking to go in a completely different direction than the way soccer is being pushed in this country right now. They are attempting to push a reset button, not merely morph what they see as not working into a slightly different direction.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X