• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida NPL Showcase

Is it worth it?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it worth it?
    If your kid's team is going but you're thinking about not going, that's a pretty lousy thing to do to the rest of the team. That applies to any tournament, not just this one

Comment

Is it worth it?
      Grasshopper, that is a question you must ask yourself.

Comment

Is it worth it?
        Nope, but it's pretty late to be asking that question.

Comment

Grasshopper, that is a question you must ask yourself.
          Agreed. Other than because you committed to the team and it's too late to back out, why are you going? If to be "showcased," take a look at the current list of college coaches attending- what do you say?

Comment

Is it worth it?
            NPL? Not at all worth it.

Comment

Nope, but it's pretty late to be asking that question.
              We do whatever the team does just looking for feedback thanks.

Comment

If your kid's team is going but you're thinking about not going, that's a pretty lousy thing to do to the rest of the team. That applies to any tournament, not just this one
                Not true at all. Clubs schedule tournaments without taking your constraints into account. Why should you be bound by their decisions? When my son was with GPS, his team was scheduled to play in a tournament in Florida for no reason other than that a GPS affiliate was sponsoring it. Why should I subsidize GPS' marketing activities?

Comment

Not true at all. Clubs schedule tournaments without taking your constraints into account. Why should you be bound by their decisions? When my son was with GPS, his team was scheduled to play in a tournament in Florida for no reason other than that a GPS affiliate was sponsoring it. Why should I subsidize GPS' marketing activities?
                  Because when you agree to play on a team you commit to all of it, not to pick and chose. It isn't fair to the other players/families who commit. All commitments should be asked about prior to signing with a club for the year. Trips requiring more expensive travel are rarely sprung on families at the last minute. If they are, then you should leave the club altogether because that's shi**y management.

Comment

We do whatever the team does just looking for feedback thanks.
                    If you are going regardless, why do you care if it's worth it or not?

For a new showcase I would l think one litmus test for success is if it grows from year to year. Looks like there is one less club going this year compared to last, so stagnant at best.

Comment

If you are going regardless, why do you care if it's worth it or not?

For a new showcase I would l think one litmus test for success is if it grows from year to year. Looks like there is one less club going this year compared to last, so stagnant at best.
                      I would say it's dying out! Stars, NEFC, FC Boston and GPS not sending teams.

Comment

NPL in general will be dying out once GDA gets going - everything shifts up a level and NPL becomes a weakened #3 league.

Comment

Well here's the thing - they also schedule this NPL showcase in Florida at the same time as Disney showcase which is substantially larger. Poor timing.

Comment

Well here's the thing - they also schedule this NPL showcase in Florida at the same time as Disney showcase which is substantially larger. Poor timing.
                            They wanted to compete with Disney bad choice!

Comment

Because when you agree to play on a team you commit to all of it, not to pick and chose. It isn't fair to the other players/families who commit.
                              That's your assumption. A more reasonable approach is to recognize that there is more to life than soccer and people have to make trade-offs.

All commitments should be asked about prior to signing with a club for the year. Trips requiring more expensive travel are rarely sprung on families at the last minute. If they are, then you should leave the club altogether because that's shi**y management.
                              What planet do you live on? The next club that knows its schedule a year in advance will be the first.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X