UMass Lowell Women's Coach Steps Down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No stake in the game, but he would hardly be the first college coach to have a relationship with a player, and it doesn't make him a predator.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Agree 100%. His record over 4 years at Lowell was down right awful. This guy cannot coach. Resign - my arrssee. He was canned. He was already the girls DOC at Aztec. Aztec was bragging that he was a Div. 1 coach and how he was going to help with college recruiting. The truth is he sucked as a D! coach, was fired and now is at a club on it's last leg. This guy is no help to Aztec.
      "Canned," vs. "Resigned" is just semantics. He was at the end of his 3 year contract as HC and UML told him that they were not renewing his contract.

BTW he only had 3 years as HC at UML. His first year he was an assistant under Elie Montiero. The first year WAS brutal. The non conference schedule was way to hard for the team's first year in D1. Players did not believe the coaches when they were told that they could not take their D2 game to D1 and they paid for it. The team did, however, show improvement in the back half of the season and the one game they won was against the eventual conference champion in double OT.

Comment

Never watch a girl's game after a men's game. I made that mistake this year and stayed after a very good Lowell men's game to watch the girl's. It was painfully boring.
        Wow, you are a major a-hole. Why would you feel the need to make a statement like that? It's not the topic of this thread, yet you feel the need to give your stupid effing opinion. Thanks Jack Wad.

Comment

Jb is not a good coach that is the fact. He can talk the talk however and will fit right into the mold of the club he is joining. His last stand with a club on its last leg. Both desperate to build some much needed excitement before their major fall. People wont fall for this marketing ploy however.

Comment

Word is that he was sampling the good's.
            I know JB and I highly doubt this!! He may not be the best D1 coach, but he is an honorable man.

Comment

Legalese translation:

"Spend more time with family" = "we sh** canned him"
              "Not renewing his contract" = "we shi**canned him"

Unlikely for shenanigans, but simply the poor track record.

Comment

Word is that he was sampling the good's.
                I am not a fan of the man, but this is not something you casually allege on a bulletin board. I think the Admin. should take this down.

Comment

I am not a fan of the man, but this is not something you casually allege on a bulletin board. I think the Admin. should take this down.
                  There's been way worse said on this board. Nothing is ever taken down even though it should

Comment

There's been way worse said on this board. Nothing is ever taken down even though it should
                    No kidding. Talk a waltz through the Turkey thread if you really want to wallow in the mud.

Comment

Fact check. Look, at the end of the day the talent doesn't exist on this team. The team will implode as they would lose to most d2 teams in NE. These recruits were not tops on their clubs and road the coat tails of much better players.

Comment

Fact check. Look, at the end of the day the talent doesn't exist on this team. The team will implode as they would lose to most d2 teams in NE. These recruits were not tops on their clubs and road the coat tails of much better players.
                        All driven by the coach in the end - if no one likes a coach they won't go play for them unless it's absolutely the school for them (UML?).

Comment

Legalese translation:

"Spend more time with family" = "we sh** canned him"
                          "Not renewing his contract" = "we shi**canned him"

Unlikely for shenanigans, but simply the poor track record.
                          "Has decided to pursue other opportunities" - "we Sh** canned him"

Comment

You're smoking crack if you think any women's team in the AE is attracting "top talent." The conference is simply not at that level. However, I doubt the team will implode because I'm sure no one's shedding tears over his departure.

Comment

All driven by the coach in the end - if no one likes a coach they won't go play for them unless it's absolutely the school for them (UML?).
                              This! Exactly!

A team of reasonably talented players, who enjoy being around one-another, play with chemistry and respect and want to play for their coach will always perform better than the sum of the team's parts. On the other hand, even a team with a lot of talent will fail to perform if the coach creates a toxic environment that kills team chemistry.

BTW - While Lowell may not be Amherst, the school does have some excellent academic programs, particularly in the sciences.

Comment

This! Exactly!

A team of reasonably talented players, who enjoy being around one-another, play with chemistry and respect and want to play for their coach will always perform better than the sum of the team's parts. On the other hand, even a team with a lot of talent will fail to perform if the coach creates a toxic environment that kills team chemistry.

BTW - While Lowell may not be Amherst, the school does have some excellent academic programs, particularly in the sciences.
                                Now your smoking crack!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X