Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Lions?

Anyone ever hear of this outfit? They seem small, and only came across them last winter in futsal tourneys. Appears U-little coach is a borderline maniac: getting himself tossed from games, for example.

Was watching my kid's game this weekend which followed one of there's, I think it was a final. It was unreal. Most of the kids had no desire to play, just dropping for injuries after every goal. The ole' land on a shoulder, get up and limp off, switching injured legs as you get to the sideline routine. Coach was out yelling at the ref while his player was supposedly injured. One kid has a mean streak to make Diego Costa proud.

I asked a couple of the other team's parents about it, and they just chuckled. "He's always been this way, never a fun time playing them".

What was odd as it was all about negative tactics, which seemed incredible to us with such a young age group (11's I think?).

Glad we weren't playing them.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone ever hear of this outfit? They seem small, and only came across them last winter in futsal tourneys. Appears U-little coach is a borderline maniac: getting himself tossed from games, for example.

Was watching my kid's game this weekend which followed one of there's, I think it was a final. It was unreal. Most of the kids had no desire to play, just dropping for injuries after every goal. The ole' land on a shoulder, get up and limp off, switching injured legs as you get to the sideline routine. Coach was out yelling at the ref while his player was supposedly injured. One kid has a mean streak to make Diego Costa proud.

I asked a couple of the other team's parents about it, and they just chuckled. "He's always been this way, never a fun time playing them".

What was odd as it was all about negative tactics, which seemed incredible to us with such a young age group (11's I think?).

Glad we weren't playing them.

So, your son's team lost to them in the finals? ;) (these posts are so obvious sometimes)

Comment

No, my DAUGHTER'S team played after them, when they LOST to a GPS team.

Yeah, real obvious, toolbag.

Comment

The coaches are known to be a bit nuts. I am not sure why parents put up with the abuse of their kids. Mill City and Abby Villa would seem to be better local choices.

Comment

Having been around these forums for a while now, you see these posts where people pretend to just be hanging around the fields (waiting for their kids game to start -- supposedly), and then they give very detailed information about what went on in the game. Sorry... I don't always buy it. If that was true, why would you really care enough to post about it here? Seems fishy to me. Having said that, I love you calling me a toolbag... Interesting since you just came on here calling a coach a "maniac" (which may be true, I don't know), then calling out 10/11 year olds for faking injuries and having tempers, etc. Who's the toolbag again?

Comment

Having been around these forums for a while now, you see these posts where people pretend to just be hanging around the fields (waiting for their kids game to start -- supposedly), and then they give very detailed information about what went on in the game. Sorry... I don't always buy it. If that was true, why would you really care enough to post about it here? Seems fishy to me. Having said that, I love you calling me a toolbag... Interesting since you just came on here calling a coach a "maniac" (which may be true, I don't know), then calling out 10/11 year olds for faking injuries and having tempers, etc. Who's the toolbag again?
            Our coach always tells the kids that they need to add tools to their tool bag. Is that good or bad? We're not from here. Tool bag is a good thing - right?

Comment

We are playing them (U12) this season in Maple. Hopefully it won't be like that.

Comment

Having been around these forums for a while now, you see these posts where people pretend to just be hanging around the fields (waiting for their kids game to start -- supposedly), and then they give very detailed information about what went on in the game. Sorry... I don't always buy it.
                If I was trying to sell it to you, then I'd care. If you don't know anything about the program, why bother piping up?

Having said that, I love you calling me a toolbag... Interesting since you just came on here calling a coach a "maniac" (which may be true, I don't know), then calling out 10/11 year olds for faking injuries and having tempers, etc.
                As I was told by the team they were playing, this coach has been kicked out, I mean, physically removed, from a few locations in the past. Red carded in games, spent the whole time yelling at kids and refs. Maniac fits. As I was not familiar with them, I thought I'd ask.

Who's the toolbag again?
                You

Comment

We've played them in the Northern Mass/NH futsal league, they are a nasty bunch. What they lack in talent they make up in dirty play and bad sportsmanship.

Comment

We've played them in the Northern Mass/NH futsal league, they are a nasty bunch. What they lack in talent they make up in dirty play and bad sportsmanship.
                    I had heard these same reports this from other parents about this club, so when my kid's team had to play them, I was bracing myself for the worst. They ended up being great competition, with fair play, coach was supportive, and the parents were friendly. My kid played an older age group, though, so perhaps it's just that one team with the problem coach at U11, now u12, where his poor attitude is passed onto the players.

Comment

We were the team they played that I believe is being referenced by the OP.

I'll just say there's a bit of history between them and a few of our players. None of it good.

I don't believe we've every lost to them, but we never play well. The attitudes definitely affect the play on the pitch. Much too young to have that out there.

Comment

Which field did your daughter play on... because your story isn't matching up. Just saying.

Comment

Which field did your daughter play on... because your story isn't matching up. Just saying.
                          Devens...why does it not "match up"?

Comment

Different poster but having to be at a game an hour in advance plus trying to give us some wiggle room, we end up the field With plenty of time to spare. I almost always watch the game before us. Similar to the other poster I also will chat with the other parents

I have seen all sorts of things: thrilling finishes, terrible games, coaches getting kicked out, bad refs, good refs

Comment

Devens...why does it not "match up"?
                              Just odd because it appears that they were playing that final match in Acton... Honestly, whatever... Maybe the location was changed, maybe I'm looking at a different team that you are discussing. I really don't know, but something about your story doesn't sit right with me. ;)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X