'99 FSPL Boys Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be interesting, but not relevant for State Cup. Also, FCF is a chameleon - it's never clear which team that they field. If it's their 99/00 club players, then WFF; if it's their pro prospects like #31, then FCF will win - probably 2-0 or 3-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It will be interesting, but not relevant for State Cup. Also, FCF is a chameleon - it's never clear which team that they field. If it's their 99/00 club players, then WFF; if it's their pro prospects like #31, then FCF will win - probably 2-0 or 3-0.
      Pro prospects? Little bit of a stretch maybe.

Comment

I convinced the arrogant WFF poster is actually a Strictly troll trying to make them look bad (and doing a fine job of it)

Comment

Not from either team but why bring a top team to img, lol. If you have a reserve squad this would be the tournament.

Comment

I convinced the arrogant WFF poster is actually a Strictly troll trying to make them look bad (and doing a fine job of it)
            yep.....

Comment

So, OCYS is now mathmetically eliminated from winning FSPL (congrats to ACYS).

All the chest-thumping and crowing about how they were the best because they "handily beat" WFF has now gone silent. This team over the past couple of years has won NOTHING of significance. Not a league (FSPL or NPL), not a showcase, not a State Cup, not a Florida Cup.

Nothing.

Nada.

Don't look for this year to be any different.
              Shouldn't you be prepping for the SAT this week instead of hanging out on T-S?

OC and several others beat WFF in FSPL. They will likely finish 2nd in FSPL. Where exactly will WFF finish?

And by "this team" you do realize that the teams of the past have nothing to do with the current team don't you? As with many others, the age group change means it is very much a new team.

A team that, despite its faults, it very much a better one than WFF.

Good luck on the SAT tomorrow, and if for some strange reason you actually aren't a child then best of luck living through your team's results.

Comment

A team that, despite its faults, it very much a better one than WFF.
                Can't
                Win
                Sh*t

Best of luck living through YOUR team's results. I am sure WFF would not trade their success this year for your SECOND place FSPL finish.

Comment

Can't
                  Win
                  Sh*t

Best of luck living through YOUR team's results. I am sure WFF would not trade their success this year for your SECOND place FSPL finish.
                  I see you had a few minutes between remedial math and P.E. to make this post.

WFF had one of the less competitive groups at Disney. How do we know this? Because the same WFF team won Disney after losing to 5 teams in the FSPL. The teams WFF played at CASL and the other tourny were not strong teams. In Vegas WFF rolled snake eyes and came back empty handed.

Its really a shame you keep making the WFF parents or more likely your teammates look so obnoxious by association. Give it a rest for their sake...

Comment

WFF had one of the less competitive groups at Disney. How do we know this? Because the same WFF team won Disney after losing to 5 teams in the FSPL. The teams WFF played at CASL and the other tourny were not strong teams. In Vegas WFF rolled snake eyes and came back empty handed.

Its really a shame you keep making the WFF parents or more likely your teammates look so obnoxious by association. Give it a rest for their sake...
                    You should really stop trying to talk smack until OCYS actually wins something of substance. You lost to RUSH, for chrissakes, to eliminate yourselves from the only pathetic title you could claim.

You don't have the necessary armament to win this argument.

Comment

For there sake we played wff last Saturday and they look pretty good

Comment

So, by your sick, twisted envious logic FCF is not #2 in the country because they got beat in group play of Weston and tied GPS Orlando?

C'mon, man. You look bad advancing this argument.

Comment

True

True. We split our 99's, and play a number of 2000's when we play in-state tournaments. It gives kids playing time. When we travel to meaningful events out of state, we play all 99's. Number 31, now number 23, is a great player, but watch the game films from the supergroup. We did not have him for the games against Toluca and the US national team and we did pretty well.

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but we are bringing a mix of new kids to the event this weekend also. We are trying to get a look at some of the new registrations from our trials to see how our team will look next year. We had no way of knowing that we would have a game against WFF (schedule just out) and we are committed to follow the same strategy of giving kids a chance to play. We know WFF is a strong team, so anything can happen. I promise you, we are OK either way. Every kid in our club deserves to get tested. And if we lose, we are still top five in the country, taking our best roster to Jefferson cup and Dallas cup.

Comment

FSPL Results

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                            High School Kickball-errr- Soccer is over (thank god) and now back to your regulary scheduled programming.

Two more weekends of FSPL to round out the season and then it's into State Cup Time. Here are predictions for the weekend:

Saturday
                            OC vs. BSA Some picks are easy, this is one of them. OC for the easy win, let the bench start.

PGS Orlando vs. Rush Lot of chatter on the Florida Coast Cup TS thread about how GPS Orlando looks retooled and is now stronger. Now is the time to find out, #10 vs. #11 on the table, if GPS is getting their act together Rush should be no problem. I'll give them a chance to prove it, GPS Orlando to win.

CES vs. GPS West I would expect CES to win.

PBG vs. ACYS Now, I would usually say this was a slam dunk, but ACYS only beat them 3-2 at Florida Coast Cup. Maybe PBG had guest players, but ACYS should win. A loss by ACYS should be a red flag that something is amiss.

Davie vs. Strictly My Game of the Day This could be a good matchup and the outcome could depend on who is less beat up from High School. Strictly last played real soccer in Vegas in January (won, but only got 70 GS points) while Davie played in Weston's, losing in the finals but getting 3x points (theoretically better competition). I think that will make the difference, I pick Davie to win.

Lee County vs. RM Simple, Lee County.

CSU vs. WFF I pick WFF to win.

Lake Worth vs. FCDEC Neither team has done much this year, FCDEC played a low bracket at Disney and got their ass handed to them. In a meaningless game I tossed a coin and picked Lake Worth.

Sunday
                            GPS Orlando vs. BSA GPS Orlando wins.

Rush vs. OCYS Easy pickings for OCYS.

PBG vs. FCDEC FCDEC continues to lag, pick PBG.

LW vs. ACYS Does everyone get a cake walk Sunday? ACYS for the win.

Davie vs. WFF This is my GAME OF THE DAY. #4 vs. #5 on the table. If Davie wants to show their are a contender, this is the game to demonstrate that. While Davie is competing at Weston the WFF is competing at the highest level at Mayor's Cup in Vegas. I think that will be the difference, pick WFF.

Lee County vs. CES I think CES is just a stronger team, pick them.

CSU vs. Strictly #7 vs. #8, should be a good game but I think Strictly will prevail.

RM vs. GPS West GPS should have no problem.

Well, we are well past the 48 hour home team score reporting requirement and we have 15 out of 16 games reported. Is it any surprise that the mos pathetic team manager/coach in the league are the ones that have yet to fulfill their reporting requirement? That's right, Real Miami hasn't posted their score.

Anyway, I was 25-11-16 coming into this weekend, let's see how it went:

SATURDAY
                            OC vs. BSA Not a good start for the boys in purple, this game SHOULD have been a cake walk, but it turned out to be a squeaker. But OC wins and I was CORRECT

GPS Orlando vs. Rush Nevermind, they must have had guest players at Florida Coast Cup. INCORRECT

CES vs. GPS West Easy peasy for CES CORRECT

PBG vs. ACYS ACYS wins CORRECT

Davie vs. Strictly This was my Game of the Day and it sure was, a red card for Davie and 2-1 win or Strictly INCORRECT

Lee County vs Real Miami Thank gawd Lee County was the home team, they reported their win. CORRECT

CSU vs. WFF Easy win for WFF. CORRECT

FCDEC vs. Lake Worth INCORRECT, but does anyone really cares?

SUNDAY
                            BSA vs. GPS Orlando This game was confirmation that GPS Orlando is neither retooled nor a contender. INCORRECT

Rush vs. OCYS A bad weekend went to worse. The weak showing Saturday at least got a win, but losing to Rush Sunday and being eliminated from winning FSPL has got to sting. INCORRECT

PBG vs. FCDEC CORRECT

LW vs. ACYS CORRECT

WFF vs. Davie Should have been a better matchup. Did one red card suspension make that big a difference? Davie has had some success earlier in the year, but this has to be a dissappointment. CORRECT

Lee County vs. CES A squeaker, but CORRECT

CSU vs. Strictly Strictly upsets Davie Saturday, then lays an egg on Sunday vs. a lesser opponent. INCORRECT

Real Miami vs. GPS West Slackers haven't posted the score, but I'm going to go ahead and give the win to GPS West because RM just sucks in every way. CORRECT

Not my best weekend, either. Went 5-3 both days, 10-6 for the weekend, My record stands at 35-17-16 going into the end of FSPL. I will reset my standings at the end of the season and restart with Round 1 of State Cup.

Comment

You should really stop trying to talk smack until OCYS actually wins something of substance. You lost to RUSH, for chrissakes, to eliminate yourselves from the only pathetic title you could claim.

Yes, OC lost to Rush. So far (still two games to go who knows?) that's it.

Now, please list the teams that WFF lost to. Please be sure to start with OC.

Comment

Not really talking smack, merely replying to yours.

OC lost to Rush for Chrissakes. Score 1-0

WFF lost to OC, Brevard, CES, Strictly, ACYS for Christ/Zeus/Allah/Ba'al/Vishnusakes. Combined score 13-4. That includes an OC score of THREE to ONE.

You don't have the armament, shirt, pants, underwear, socks or shoes to win this argument.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X