Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is spot on tat OCYS can attract talent but they don't know how to develop players in both sides girls and boys. I see kids getting worse actually. This is not the kids's fault. The parents are there because of the MLS name. There are also some parents that think their kids are no doubt MLS or professional soccer players, which makes for a very bad environment for everyone. The parents are way too involved and some of them have too much of a say and too much influence. There is no effort to move kids to different groups or play kids up, unless the parents insist and insist on it...
    OCYS is a master of shameless self-promotion. They are quick to brag about their MLS affiliation, but they fail to explain how that translates into anything of value for the youth program. Ask them directly and you get the typical OCYS cheerleading but no real information.

They would love to have you believe the youth program is subsidized by MLS revenue but that's a lie. When I look for evidence of the MLS connection, all I see is purple uniforms and pressure on the kids to sell tickets and merchandise. The benefits flow in the opposite direction only.

Comment

OCYS is a master of shameless self-promotion. They are quick to brag about their MLS affiliation, but they fail to explain how that translates into anything of value for the youth program. Ask them directly and you get the typical OCYS cheerleading but no real information.

They would love to have you believe the youth program is subsidized by MLS revenue but that's a lie. When I look for evidence of the MLS connection, all I see is purple uniforms and pressure on the kids to sell tickets and merchandise. The benefits flow in the opposite direction only.
      Yes, absolutely.

Comment

It is spot on tat OCYS can attract talent but they don't know how to develop players in both sides girls and boys. I see kids getting worse actually. This is not the kids's fault. The parents are there because of the MLS name. There are also some parents that think their kids are no doubt MLS or professional soccer players, which makes for a very bad environment for everyone. The parents are way too involved and some of them have too much of a say and too much influence. There is no effort to move kids to different groups or play kids up, unless the parents insist and insist on it...
        More than all the clubs combined in central Florida. OC number 1 college placement program in the state. They only recruit though don't develop zzzzzzz.

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/20...letters-intent

Comment

More than all the clubs combined in central Florida. OC number 1 college placement program in the state. They only recruit though don't develop zzzzzzz.

Only 7 boys when OCYS has the DA program is pretty lousy.

Comment

Only 7 boys when OCYS has the DA program is pretty lousy.
            30 girls and rising each day. Very impressive.

Comment

Once again spoken by a parent of a kid who obviously isn't being recruited to play anywhere. The only ones who complain about clubs recruiting are the parents of players left behind when the best players leave for greener pastures.

Comment

Sounds like the DA isn't doing much if only 7 boys.

Comment

Too funny

A simple review of the names shows that OCYS is claiming guest players, kids in the program a year or two, and players no longer in the club.

I especially like the DOC's nod to the great coaching in the club. Its laughable.

About the only thing this list shows is OCYS blatant deceptiveness.

Comment

There are a handful of excellent coaches on the girls side. There are a couple terrible coaches who most of the time are solely given purple 2/white teams. The doc is so lazy and only makes decisions based on what makes his life easier. Coaches habitually don't show up for practice causes coach to player ratio to be out of wack for many a practice. The problem is if you have an 04 or an 05 purple 1 child and you are given an unqualified daddy coach for 2 years. The age group gets really behind as he just does not know how to teach the game. Can the other coaches fix the mess they will inherit? Makes me doubt the quality of the club/leadership. I don't know that it is better anywhere else in central fla. Just disappointing that this club with all its titles and accolades is so poorly run.

Comment

There are a handful of excellent coaches on the girls side. There are a couple terrible coaches who most of the time are solely given purple 2/white teams. The doc is so lazy and only makes decisions based on what makes his life easier. Coaches habitually don't show up for practice causes coach to player ratio to be out of wack for many a practice. The problem is if you have an 04 or an 05 purple 1 child and you are given an unqualified daddy coach for 2 years. The age group gets really behind as he just does not know how to teach the game. Can the other coaches fix the mess they will inherit? Makes me doubt the quality of the club/leadership. I don't know that it is better anywhere else in central fla. Just disappointing that this club with all its titles and accolades is so poorly run.
                      OC Rocks!

Comment

How are the Orlando City's 03 ecnl girls team/ Coach? We are moving to the area and looking for a good club for my daughter to play on. We just moved from Texas she was on an ecnl team.

Comment

03's have a great coach SM. Team is solid

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X