Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where do you come up with your figures? I'm an ECNL parent and that's not even close.
    Haha you maybe an ecnl parent but you can't add $10k a year times 4-5 year then add all the unnecessary travel and weekends on top. $80k for ecnl soccer from u13 pre-ecnl until u18 is on the low side.

Perhaps you made sandwiches and packaged drinks?

Comment

Where do you come up with your figures? I'm an ECNL parent and that's not even close.
      Do you travel? Do you have a kid that walks to practice or games in PA ? Do you have a kid that just joined ecnl in her senior year in HS ? No ?? Then you spent or will spend more then that over the course.

Comment

The real question here is who in their right mind spends 80k on soccer?? With no guarantees, you are better off putting 80k into your kids college fund. You soccer parents are a special kind of stupid. That's why the pay to play system works so well.

Comment

The real question here is who in their right mind spends 80k on soccer?? With no guarantees, you are better off putting 80k into your kids college fund. You soccer parents are a special kind of stupid. That's why the pay to play system works so well.
          And they come back year after year. We love them for that.

Signed, your local club owner.

Comment

Yes sir. I'm going to interject the next ecnl parent from the west that will be here soon to defend their cost. I will not put any value on diminishing value on vehicles used for excessive mileage either. I won't put any value on the 15-20 hrs a week for the parent doing the travel instead of o/t at work. Makes you think where this craziness is heading.

Stars ecnl travel to Lancaster weekly is 5 trips on average $100 week in gas/tolls - $4500 per year for u13-14 lessens for HS a bit
            Stars ecnl travel to away games hotels, food entertainment- $2000-2800 per year
            Stars ecnl average players tuition-$2650 + uniform
            Stars ecnl DOC yearly take home pay $200k wife another $180k

Scorpions would be even higher due to further travel and DOC is doing just fine.

Comment

Stars ecnl travel to Lancaster weekly is 5 trips on average $100 week in gas/tolls - $4500 per year for u13-14 lessens for HS a bit
              I think you are vastly underestimating vehicle costs to and from Lancaster. Given IRA and AAA mileage rate of $0.50/mile+, your 120 mile round trip is at least $60 per trip. So 5 trips per week would easily be $300. Per year, would be $12,000-$15,000. So you'd have make $25,000 in salary just to pay for this.

Comment

Yes sir. I'm going to interject the next ecnl parent from the west that will be here soon to defend their cost. I will not put any value on diminishing value on vehicles used for excessive mileage either. I won't put any value on the 15-20 hrs a week for the parent doing the travel instead of o/t at work. Makes you think where this craziness is heading.

Stars ecnl DOC yearly take home pay $200k wife another $180k

Scorpions would be even higher due to further travel and DOC is doing just fine.
                Don't forget Christian Lavers salary. You are all a bunch of suckers! I will keep saving and investing, my daughter will keep up her straight A's and we will be better off!

Comment

Don't forget Christian Lavers salary. You are all a bunch of suckers! I will keep saving and investing, my daughter will keep up her straight A's and we will be better off!
                  Why am I a sucker for exposing the costs again? Missed that

Comment

I think you are vastly underestimating vehicle costs to and from Lancaster. Given IRA and AAA mileage rate of $0.50/mile+, your 120 mile round trip is at least $60 per trip. So 5 trips per week would easily be $300. Per year, would be $12,000-$15,000. So you'd have make $25,000 in salary just to pay for this.
                    The commitment to ECNL is expensive. One has to decide what one's objectives are. If your child loves soccer and wants to play at a high level and be around other equally committed players, ECNL really becomes one of the few options. If the only reason you are chasing ECNL is for scholarship money, you would be better off saving the money.

Comment

The commitment to ECNL is expensive. One has to decide what one's objectives are. If your child loves soccer and wants to play at a high level and be around other equally committed players, ECNL really becomes one of the few options. If the only reason you are chasing ECNL is for scholarship money, you would be better off saving the money.
                      $80,000 for your daughter to play at a high level? I smell poop.

Comment

$80,000 for your daughter to play at a high level? I smell poop.
                        80k is a stretch. Fully loaded the cost can be 5-10k per year. People can spend more than that on skiing, golf, etc. If you kid is a competitive skier it will customer much more than that. If you think having your kid play on an ECNL teams is a guarantee of getting a full D1 scholarship, then you are nuts. There are very few players getting full rides.

Comment

ECNL is well over 10k.
                          Practice 3x's per week=$60 (if you live close)
                          Factor in 10-12 travel weekends x $600 (at least)
                          2200-2500 in club costs
                          600 in extras
                          300 in uniforms
                          Tournaments (more travel)
                          Equipment

Comment

Seriously? So non-ecnl club players don't have club costs, uniform fees, equipment costs? Pretty much the same at nep or npl except the long distance travel. No way a weekend away should cost $600 bucks if you make somewhat sensible food choices and don't take the entire clan.

Comment

Seriously? So non-ecnl club players don't have club costs, uniform fees, equipment costs? Pretty much the same at nep or npl except the long distance travel. No way a weekend away should cost $600 bucks if you make somewhat sensible food choices and don't take the entire clan.
                              Your crazy or your sleeping on your car
                              135.00 x 2 nights =about $300 with taxes
                              Gas tolls to NJ- $150.00
                              Food and snacks for 2 people easily $150.00
                              Your alwredy over $600

Comment

For the love of God, anyone reading this or considering western United pioneers or Topshelf footballers, DO NOT DO IT!!! I know this is TS and you have to take a lot of what you read here with a grain of salt, but having had three of my kids, both boy and girl go through WUP and I can assure you that WUP is a terribly run organization that doesn't put player development first. I don't care where you go, anywhere is better than WUP, FC Stars or even GPS but stay away from WUP! We couldn't get out fast enough. Go see a few of their practices before you pay a dime to these so called "premier" soccer coaches and you will see for yourself. They have some coaches who never even played soccer before learning from YouTube videos. What a joke! Do yourself a favor and go see for yourself and if you still think it's a good idea than you get what you deserve.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X