Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developmental model

Does anyone know where I can find the developmental model by age group? I swear my daughters coach has no clue what he's doing!

Google.

Or, come here as you did. All the answers are right here on TS

Comment

Everything you are looking for can be found on the GPS website. They have the very best teaching curriculum out there.

Comment

U10 and under individual technical skills, 1v1

U10 and up tactical team play

All kids should be playing all positions at u13 and under, if that is not the case, run and run fast.

In a nutshell

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Does anyone know where I can find the developmental model by age group? I swear my daughters coach has no clue what he's doing!
          http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/...ment_Model.pdf

Comment

What do you base your observations on? Are you a former player, are you licensed? Do you watch other coaches' training? Or are you smarter than the coach?
            And what will you do what with this information? Sleep better at night? Run a session? Run to club management with your newly found "holy grail"?
            Please leave the game of soccer and take up swimming or maybe something more individualistic?

Comment

Everything you are looking for can be found on the GPS website. They have the very best teaching curriculum out there.
              too bad they don't apply it very well.

Comment

too bad they don't apply it very well.
                Aaaaannnddd, there it is. The first GPS slam of the thread. 7th post, just a bit ahead of the 8.15 average we see here on TS.

Comment

Aaaaannnddd, there it is. The first GPS slam of the thread. 7th post, just a bit ahead of the 8.15 average we see here on TS.
                  Actually they were mentioned in post #3 - kind of a guide for things to come

Comment

What do you base your observations on? Are you a former player, are you licensed? Do you watch other coaches' training? Or are you smarter than the coach?
                    And what will you do what with this information? Sleep better at night? Run a session? Run to club management with your newly found "holy grail"?
                    Please leave the game of soccer and take up swimming or maybe something more individualistic?
                    I have attended 4 different organizations training sessions at the same time when deciding where to place my youngest son, and each one did things very differently. I don't think the op question is as crazy as you make it sound. Some coaches follow the model and teach age appropriate, others ahead or behind and some just don't know what they are doing at all.

Comment

I have attended 4 different organizations training sessions at the same time when deciding where to place my youngest son, and each one did things very differently. I don't think the op question is as crazy as you make it sound. Some coaches follow the model and teach age appropriate, others ahead or behind and some just don't know what they are doing at all.
                      Each experience is personal and includes many variables. Focus changes as age increases.

Comment

While you may or may not be right....I suspect you are more troubled by the fact that either your daughter is not in the top 12 on the team or is playing a position that you would prefer her not to play.

Comment

While you may or may not be right....I suspect you are more troubled by the fact that either your daughter is not in the top 12 on the team or is playing a position that you would prefer her not to play.
                          ... or the coach doesn't have a clue like the poster stated to begin with. Don't let the coach in you get so defensive. There are horrible coaches all over. Committed volunteers - check. But horrible soccer coaches nonetheless.

Comment

... or the coach doesn't have a clue like the poster stated to begin with. Don't let the coach in you get so defensive. There are horrible coaches all over. Committed volunteers - check. But horrible soccer coaches nonetheless.
                            Possibly more so in personality, but your lowest level club coach generally knows what he/she is doing, technically speaking.
                            I agree the op is likely more concerned with placement, though claims of denial will be here shortly

Comment

Possibly more so in personality, but your lowest level club coach generally knows what he/she is doing, technically speaking.
                              I agree the op is likely more concerned with placement, though claims of denial will be here shortly
                              If the lowest level club coach knew what they are doing wouldn't we be a further along as a soccer country...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X