Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for goalkeeper for 2002 girl:s team

If you are a good goalkeeper 2002 or 2003 and you are still looking for a team to sign up, please check with Weston FC, one of their teams has a need for one and maybe two.

This is not a posting from a coach but there is a need indeed. The team is playing D1 and currently has no keepers on the roster.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are a good goalkeeper 2002 or 2003 and you are still looking for a team to sign up, please check with Weston FC, one of their teams has a need for one and maybe two.

This is not a posting from a coach but there is a need indeed. The team is playing D1 and currently has no keepers on the roster.
    Thank you for the info, Who should I contact? I have a 2006 goalie who is a beast.

Comment

D1 team with no keeper? That's not a D1 team then. Better play pretty good possession.

Comment

For those that are interested, there is no need to answer here on TS, just contact Weston FC, Carlos Parra, girls director and he will bring you in touch with the right coach.

Comment

D1 team with no keeper? That's not a D1 team then. Better play pretty good possession.
          Things can happen, especially if there was only keeper before and she left or got injured. A lot teams take that chance then get slammed later. Getting good GK training is an issue so keepers tend to congregate at the few clubs that have it, leaving other clubs searching. Finding good female keepers is even tougher than on the boys side.

Comment

Seriously, you bought out the davie girls teams and between your two clubs and various teams, you couldnt keep one decent goalkeeper at this age level. Good job Weston!!!

Comment

For those that are interested, there is no need to answer here on TS, just contact Weston FC, Carlos Parra, girls director and he will bring you in touch with the right coach.
              Parra, which parent did you put up to this? Everyone is signed. There is tampering and then there is going on an active forum asking parents and kids to break their commitments in clear violation of the rules. Personally, I could care less, except I know how Weston deals with these situations when they feel aggrieved. Get Bedoya on the phone.

Comment

2002/2003 team?? So you're talking about 13-14 year old girls right. You mean to tell us between the approximate 4 - 6 teams of that age in the club, you don't have a couple athletic girls that you can train to play keeper??

Better yet, why don't you teach the players you do have how to defend? I've seen the 2003 Weston Super Y team play, and outside of 2-3 girls on the back line, none of those other girls have any clue how to play defense. Maybe then your goalie wouldn't be pelted with shots all game.

Comment

2002/2003 team?? So you're talking about 13-14 year old girls right. You mean to tell us between the approximate 4 - 6 teams of that age in the club, you don't have a couple athletic girls that you can train to play keeper??

Better yet, why don't you teach the players you do have how to defend? I've seen the 2003 Weston Super Y team play, and outside of 2-3 girls on the back line, none of those other girls have any clue how to play defense. Maybe then your goalie wouldn't be pelted with shots all game.
                  In an ideal world you need someone who knows what they're doing in the net by that age. Gk isn't just physical skills but knowing when to come out, play back, distribute etc. That can't be taught over night and takes game experience to learn. It's also harder to girls to take that position (I've coached both genders ). But your point about defense is a valid one. Many mistakes are made prior to the ball reaching the keeper. Putting your weakest players in the back is a huge error.

Comment

In an ideal world you need someone who knows what they're doing in the net by that age. Gk isn't just physical skills but knowing when to come out, play back, distribute etc. That can't be taught over night and takes game experience to learn. It's also harder to girls to take that position (I've coached both genders ). But your point about defense is a valid one. Many mistakes are made prior to the ball reaching the keeper. Putting your weakest players in the back is a huge error.
                    Yes, in an ideal world you would want someone that not only WANTS to play that position but someone that also has some sort of concept about playing that position, but I've also seen girls that were amazing keepers right up to this point that had to switch to the field because they just don't have the size anymore or haven't gotten there just yet.

My suggestion, as I stated before, take a couple of your more athletic girls and start to teach them. I'm sure you have a couple girls that can play flag-football, maybe even volleyball or basketball and those girls tend to work right in. They usually have good eye-hand coordination, can jump and aren't afraid of contact. Start there and you never know what you might find.

Comment

Yes, in an ideal world you would want someone that not only WANTS to play that position but someone that also has some sort of concept about playing that position, but I've also seen girls that were amazing keepers right up to this point that had to switch to the field because they just don't have the size anymore or haven't gotten there just yet.

My suggestion, as I stated before, take a couple of your more athletic girls and start to teach them. I'm sure you have a couple girls that can play flag-football, maybe even volleyball or basketball and those girls tend to work right in. They usually have good eye-hand coordination, can jump and aren't afraid of contact. Start there and you never know what you might find.
                      Good luck getting them to do it (other poster is right, many girls do not want to try that position). Most clubs have lousy GK training; often times it's just 1x/week with keepers of all ages so a brand new keeper won't get much out of that. Easier/cheaper to try and recruit someone into the position. Sure you can force kids to play the position, but now we're talking about teenage girls so, yeah, good luck with that :)

Comment

Good luck getting them to do it (other poster is right, many girls do not want to try that position). Most clubs have lousy GK training; often times it's just 1x/week with keepers of all ages so a brand new keeper won't get much out of that. Easier/cheaper to try and recruit someone into the position. Sure you can force kids to play the position, but now we're talking about teenage girls so, yeah, good luck with that :)
                        If your daughter is a keeper, you have to get her individual training on your own in addition to whatever the club offers. It's not optional, you have to do it if you want her to have a chance to be really good.

Comment

If your daughter is a keeper, you have to get her individual training on your own in addition to whatever the club offers. It's not optional, you have to do it if you want her to have a chance to be really good.
                          Very true - keepers have to do a lot of extra non club work to get to the top. Some clubs do have good training but even then it's not enough. More clubs have mediocre training. First step is if your player wants to really be a good keeper get them to a club that has decent training, does it at least 2s/week, provides game feedback, etc (because 9 times out of 10 a field coach doesn't understand the position).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X