Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They were regional NTC where they are normal held not the NTC combine that was in Orlando earlier in the year.
    Are they still doing training centers (i.e., somewhat local events) and combines (as i understand it, one for N Fla and one for S Fla)? I thought they consolidated everything so there are only combines now.

Comment

Hear 00 camp soon later August? True?

Comment

Hear 00 camp soon later August? True?
        Who knows...not even USSF. But rest assured you will get 3-4 days' notice, so all good.

Comment

They will start calling them USSF GDA identification centers.

Comment

So can any 02 and younger player be invited to the US Training Center by their coach if thinks the player has that "National team potential"?
            if that were the case, i would give a nice bottle of macallan for him and bottle of dom
            for the missus and call it good.

Comment

if that were the case, i would give a nice bottle of macallan for him and bottle of dom
              for the missus and call it good.
              Do the club directors send players?

Comment

Do the club directors send players?
                Yes and whoever kisses ass to their coach the most.

Comment

Yes and whoever kisses ass to their coach the most.
                  You obliviously have never been to an NTC training the level of players and play is much better then ODP or anything else out there. It's actually enjoyable to watch when the players can perform what their coaches are asking them to do. DOCs will look stupid if they send players that aren't good enough.

Comment

You obliviously have never been to an NTC training the level of players and play is much better then ODP or anything else out there. It's actually enjoyable to watch when the players can perform what their coaches are asking them to do. DOCs will look stupid if they send players that aren't good enough.
                    I've been to several national/regional camps with my child, and pretty much like every grouping of players, the talent level is all over the place. When NTC and ODP gets whittled down to the top performers, it gets a lot better. ODP Region III pool competition in Alabama was very good, but still had a lot of variability. The final selections from 12 (was it 14) states were all fantastic players. When the NTC in FL ultimately pulls from the state to bring a group of 50+ players together, it will probably be a good group, too.

I agree that the DOCs don't want to look silly - but each DOC has to play in a pool that's only so deep, so they can contribute what they can sometimes. Not every club/DOC is blessed with national team starters at each position. Butt kissing can only go so far - I've heard coaches talk about how they want a player to be ready for a higher level of competition and how being invited once and not back again can be bad for their confidence. There is a lot more to be considered that we as parents really don't think of or know about. Butt kiss all you want, but if your kid is called to a high level camp and bomb, you aren't going back and who knows if the kid lost their mojo.

Comment

I've been to several national/regional camps with my child, and pretty much like every grouping of players, the talent level is all over the place. When NTC and ODP gets whittled down to the top performers, it gets a lot better. ODP Region III pool competition in Alabama was very good, but still had a lot of variability. The final selections from 12 (was it 14) states were all fantastic players. When the NTC in FL ultimately pulls from the state to bring a group of 50+ players together, it will probably be a good group, too.

I agree that the DOCs don't want to look silly - but each DOC has to play in a pool that's only so deep, so they can contribute what they can sometimes. Not every club/DOC is blessed with national team starters at each position. Butt kissing can only go so far - I've heard coaches talk about how they want a player to be ready for a higher level of competition and how being invited once and not back again can be bad for their confidence. There is a lot more to be considered that we as parents really don't think of or know about. Butt kiss all you want, but if your kid is called to a high level camp and bomb, you aren't going back and who knows if the kid lost their mojo.
                      Doc don't send players. Picked by scouts instead. Who told you a doc sent kids is wrong.

Comment

Doc don't send players. Picked by scouts instead. Who told you a doc sent kids is wrong.
                        Doc send the players

Comment

You're so lost the coaches know who they want within the 1st few trainings a lot of the kids are just along for the ride. The ODP players parents that don't give in to the money grab that ODP is are the smart ones if the players are good enough why should you have to pay 600 to go to Alabama and 150 for players to stay in the player pool? US Soccer ODP has more then enough funds to cover all players expenses many times over. You shouldn't have to pay a dollar.

Comment

Will USSF staff be the ones choosing players for each GDA?

Comment

You're so lost the coaches know who they want within the 1st few trainings a lot of the kids are just along for the ride. The ODP players parents that don't give in to the money grab that ODP is are the smart ones if the players are good enough why should you have to pay 600 to go to Alabama and 150 for players to stay in the player pool? US Soccer ODP has more then enough funds to cover all players expenses many times over. You shouldn't have to pay a dollar.
                              So your rambling message has two (probably) points.

Of course the coaches know who they want - that's why they put them in groups before they arrive! I give you a gold star for noticing that. You're smart.

If you have not noticed, we do live in a pay to play world. I don't think that is right at all. Feel free to agree with me. I'd prefer that all kids are chosen regardless of race, height, weight, hair style, socioeconomic priviledge and all other things. In the world we live in that is not happening. If you can fix that, I'm electing you FIFA President immediately!

Finally, I'd suggest you spend more time with your studies so the grammatical errors and punctuation issues are resolved. As we all know, soccer is not your future for a payday. Actually, for 99.9% of all kids will never get past club soccer as the highest level anyhow.

Comment

Will USSF staff be the ones choosing players for each GDA?
                                He** no! Clubs pick the players for their teams. Ussf stops by once in a blue moon to see how things are going, maybe watch a player they're interested in. Same coaches. Same clubs. Same geographic/regional set up as ECNL. GDA is ECNL with a new badge on the uniform and no HS sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X