Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Team managers can be a real curse if you get a bad one. I know of one whose daughter was slated for an NPL team after tryouts. She makes a call to the Director, whose testicles she held tightly in her hand, and all of a sudden her daughter is on the ECNL team. What a miracle...
    This is going on at Weston

Comment

It's almost as bad when the diva manager doesn't get their way. I saw a manager repeatedly curse out the coach because his little one wasn't getting enough playing time.

Comment

Our team manager has three kids in the club. Dad is the video guy for the team.
        This is like a full-time job for her. She is at almost all of the practices and every game.
        Her kid starts every game and entitlement runs deep.
        Also, have a coach's kid on the team. Double whammy. Starts every game. Never subbed out.
        Coach is a great guy, but organization and time management are not his strengths.
        He is boxed in by the other coach's kid. Thankfully, my kid does not play their positions, but
        never have a chance to even try them out. Kind of sucks for development.
        Sometimes, I think I made a big mistake joining this club. Research before joining that club
        or team.

Comment

A well run club doesn't have parent managers except to organize a team dinner at tournaments. Pay someone to to the scheduling and other details and remove that ugly side. Many parents do it purely because they want to help, but enough have an ulterior motive to taint the whole scene. As a former manager who fit the former description, and who had a coach who didn't play politics (my kid was treated like everyone else-the coach played who he needed to each game), I still always had a target on my back.

Comment

Team managers can be a real curse if you get a bad one. I know of one whose daughter was slated for an NPL team after tryouts. She makes a call to the Director, whose testicles she held tightly in her hand, and all of a sudden her daughter is on the ECNL team. What a miracle...
            Bottom ECNL/top NPL players are pretty interchangeable. Politics can play a role. Let me guess - you think your kid should have gotten the spot? Get over it. That's how life works sometimes.

Comment

Bottom ECNL/top NPL players are pretty interchangeable. Politics can play a role. Let me guess - you think your kid should have gotten the spot? Get over it. That's how life works sometimes.
              Thanks for putting in your two cents about a situation you know jack**** about. You've made yourself sound just as stupid as you hoped for.

Comment

Thanks for putting in your two cents about a situation you know jack**** about. You've made yourself sound just as stupid as you hoped for.
                Your club coach prior to the season won't tell you how lazy he/she is or how much time they spend on their iphone during practice or how boring and repititous their practices will be.

Comment

Your club coach prior to the season won't tell you how lazy he/she is or how much time they spend on their iphone during practice or how boring and repititous their practices will be.
                  No kidding. Been there, seen that.

Comment

OP is right - sometimes other factors are involved beyond skill and hard work. You'd like to hope that it doesn't happen but it does. Kids need to learn those lessons and how to deal with disappointments. Your anger suggests you haven't learned that yet.

Comment

lol hopefully the Pokemon Go craze dies down before practices start back up!

Comment

OP is right - sometimes other factors are involved beyond skill and hard work. You'd like to hope that it doesn't happen but it does. Kids need to learn those lessons and how to deal with disappointments. Your anger suggests you haven't learned that yet.
                        You mistake disdain for anger. I don't care enough about any of the faceless words on this page to be angry at them. Or you. I simply don't give a damn what you think.

Comment

A well run club doesn't have parent managers except to organize a team dinner at tournaments. Pay someone to to the scheduling and other details and remove that ugly side. Many parents do it purely because they want to help, but enough have an ulterior motive to taint the whole scene. As a former manager who fit the former description, and who had a coach who didn't play politics (my kid was treated like everyone else-the coach played who he needed to each game), I still always had a target on my back.
                          Our daughter's team last year was run by the team mom. She held the one hour introduction team meeting and discussed finances. Coach never came to talk to the parents and was off coaching the girls. She ruled the roost and if only the coach knew what she really did and says to the parents.

Comment

lol. right. if your kid didn't start or get the minutes, would you still be managing?
                            pay someone to be an admin for a coach? HAHAHA. i chuckle at your willful ignorance
                            or feigned indignation.

what's worse than a hiltery manager? the chair and 6 co-chairs
                            of the auction. social and political butterflies who bring in $$$ and donations.
                            badgering you to donate or buy a table or some other crap. god, please stop.

advice? have your wife join in the fun or keep your head down and get the most for your
                            kid. sh*t, sometimes, i feel like i am back in hs. full circle of life, i guess. lol.

Comment

ROFL! Touch a nerve? You don't even know what club I'm talking about, genius. And I'll have you know I've been working out...my ass is getting skinnier every day!
                              Or are you the one having the affair with the manager?
                              Well good for you. Keep working out, maybe if your ass does get skinny enough you can earn some playing time for your kid.

Comment

Well good for you. Keep working out, maybe if your ass does get skinny enough you can earn some playing time for your kid.
                                My kid is a starter, but thanks for caring.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X