X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMG Girls DA

https://www.imgacademy.com/latest-he...s-soccer-girls

Just curious, not bashing. I know IMG has produced some great athletes, especially golf and tennis. Has any National Team player ever come out of their program?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just curious, not bashing. I know IMG has produced some great athletes, especially golf and tennis. Has any National Team player ever come out of their program?
      No National team player has ever come out of any DA program in Florida, boys or girls.

Comment

No National team player has ever come out of any DA program in Florida, boys or girls.
        I believe IMG deserved the DA and has the residential facility. WFF took some of the appeal away. Wish US Soccer could have started out with one DA in bigger market areas.

Comment

So...will you get a discount off the $78K per year they charge for the resident program if you get selected to DA? I doubt it.

Comment

I believe IMG deserved the DA and has the residential facility. WFF took some of the appeal away. Wish US Soccer could have started out with one DA in bigger market areas.
            Agreed. For me, it was Boca even more than WFF. I realize that they needed a South Florida club but when the news of Girls DA first broke it was positioned as THE highest level of girls soccer. Boca? WFF?

Comment

Agreed. For me, it was Boca even more than WFF. I realize that they needed a South Florida club but when the news of Girls DA first broke it was positioned as THE highest level of girls soccer. Boca? WFF?
              Who even heard of Clay?

Comment

Bedoya came from Weston and there are a few other players currently on the youth teams from Florida DA teams, Weston and OC.

Comment

Where do you get your information? There are 3 youth national team players currently listed on the IMG U15/16 DA team.

Comment

Bedoya is 29, he is not a product of DA. Our youth National team sucks because of DA and I'm talking about the USMNT.

Comment

So...will you get a discount off the $78K per year they charge for the resident program if you get selected to DA? I doubt it.
                      Is the a development program for foreign players, as that pretty much defines the girl's program?

Comment

I guess JP from WFF knew what he was doing. He bolted from WFF ECNL for IMG DA. He probably knew better than anybody how much WFF would struggle implementing DA.

Comment

Erika Tymrak came from IMG. She has played pro oversees and now plays professionally in the US. She played YNT and also played a few games with the Women's National Team

Comment

Img DA players can train right after classes. IMG and OC Pride DAs offer something different. The rest of the DAs are the old ECNL. Clay is an oddity.

Comment

One of the most well know YNT player is Ben Lederman '00 came from La Masia and was part of the Barcelona debacle.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X