Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

My son was born in December of 2005 so he has to play u12 this year. He won't be 11 until December. Can he play in games and not head the ball? Can he play in games and head the ball? I need clarification and am quite frustrated. Below I pasted the wording. I'm reading it as he can play but shouldn't head the ball but that referees aren't going to be checking the u12 kids to see who is 10 and who is 11 and will treat the whole game as if it is a u12-heading allowed match.

"The Federation is recommending, and US Club Soccer is requiring immediately, new rules as it relates to heading, as follows:
    Players in U-11 programs and younger shall not engage in heading, either in practices or in games.
    Limited heading in practice for players in U-12 and U-13 programs. More specifically, these players shall be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes of heading training per week, with no more than 15-20 headers per player, per week.
    Clubs should be aware of circumstances in which individual consideration is needed. For example:
    A 10 year old playing at U-12 or older should not head the ball at all.
    An 11 or 12 year old playing at U-14 or older should abide by the heading restrictions in practice.
    Referees should enforce these restrictions by age group according to the specified rules. Referees will not be assessing the age of individual players on the field; they will enforce the rules for the age group."

Comment

this will make you laugh....the real fun starts about 55 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIl45f6i1PU

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My son was born in December of 2005 so he has to play u12 this year. He won't be 11 until December. Can he play in games and not head the ball? Can he play in games and head the ball? I need clarification and am quite frustrated. Below I pasted the wording. I'm reading it as he can play but shouldn't head the ball but that referees aren't going to be checking the u12 kids to see who is 10 and who is 11 and will treat the whole game as if it is a u12-heading allowed match.

"The Federation is recommending, and US Club Soccer is requiring immediately, new rules as it relates to heading, as follows:
        Players in U-11 programs and younger shall not engage in heading, either in practices or in games.
        Limited heading in practice for players in U-12 and U-13 programs. More specifically, these players shall be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes of heading training per week, with no more than 15-20 headers per player, per week.
        Clubs should be aware of circumstances in which individual consideration is needed. For example:
        A 10 year old playing at U-12 or older should not head the ball at all.
        An 11 or 12 year old playing at U-14 or older should abide by the heading restrictions in practice.
        Referees should enforce these restrictions by age group according to the specified rules. Referees will not be assessing the age of individual players on the field; they will enforce the rules for the age group."
        Yes. It's up to you and the coach to tell him he shouldn't be heading the ball. The refs simply can't keep track of what players can and cannot head the ball each game

Comment

The rule is simple. U12s and up can head the ball. If your child was born in 2005 than they are considered a u12. That means they can head the ball.

Players born in 2006 (u11s) and after, cannot head the ball.

The actual age of your child does not matter. What matters is the birth year.

Comment

This is totally wrong, what matters is the age. The whole team will be considered non heading if any players are not 11

Comment

this will make you laugh....the real fun starts about 55 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIl45f6i1PU
              so stinking funny

Comment

The rule is simple. U12s and up can head the ball. If your child was born in 2005 than they are considered a u12. That means they can head the ball.

Players born in 2006 (u11s) and after, cannot head the ball.

The actual age of your child does not matter. What matters is the birth year.
                In GCF, no headers are allowed in games for 12U and younger. This is from the GCFYSL modified playing rules for 9U to 12U for Fall 2016:

"5. No Headers (9U to 12U):
                A. USSF mandates that players 10 years old and younger may not head the ball, therefore there shall be NO headers allowed in any game for teams 12U and younger.
                B. USSF mandates that players 10 year of age and younger may not head the ball during training sessions. Players that are 11 and 12 are allowed to have limited headers during training."

Note that this is for GCF only, and other leagues/tournaments may have different rules. Also, this is what the rule is as of today. It may change in the future.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X