Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The rule states "In conjunction with the US Soccer Federation and US Youth Soccer, the Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) will be instituting a heading ban for players age 10 and younger". My son is a 2005 & is still 10. He will be until the end of the year. They aren't mentioning these kids. If this rule only applies to the 2006 & younger then great. I just want to make sure we are following the rules.
    Rest assured that it goes by the year. 2005's are OK to launch themselves headfirst at a 140 MPH soccerball-missile.

All jokes aside, it goes by the year. 2005 birthyear kids can head the ball this next season. 2006's can NOT.

Comment

Rest assured that it goes by the year. 2005's are OK to launch themselves headfirst at a 140 MPH soccerball-missile.

All jokes aside, it goes by the year. 2005 birthyear kids can head the ball this next season. 2006's can NOT.
      Not sure any of these 2005 kids are kicking a ball at 140 MPH but if they are I am sure mine will duck..maybe. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Just my opinion, stopping just ONE age (year) from playing up is ridiculous.

Many kids play up for legitimate reasons. And USYS did NOT change anything in the rules about playing up. THey change the age cutoff. But Kids are still allowed to play up. So why stop it for one age?

I get that it is the year that headers are allowed/not allowed. But it makes things difficult.

If there are kids that play up when they are u8, and then u9, they will then have to split apart from their team for the u10 age. THen what?..........Rejoin the team they were playing with when they get to u11 (which would be the u12 team).

If you are going to allow kids to play up, it makes no sense to stop it for one year in their youth career.

If anything , have the parents sign a waiver for that single year.

Comment

I think there are two possibilities. The first is that you are correct and they only intended for this rule to apply for U11 and under, even though there are 10 year olds who will be playing U12. If that is the case, the rule should only mention the age group, not the age.

The second possibility is that they really intended for this rule to apply to all 10 year olds, but the geniuses in charge of US soccer were too dumb to realize that also impacts U12, at least for the entire Fall season. If that is the case, they need to change the rule to include U12. The referee won't be able to keep track of which kids aren't allowed to head the ball.

Comment

This is the rule, it is not complicated:

If a team is u11, which this year are the 2006s, or younger, they cannot head the ball for the 2016-2017 year.

If a player is a u11 (born in 2006), and they want to play up on a u12 (2005) team, they can only do if they have turned the age of 11.

It is that simple.

Comment

10 year old

This is the rule, it is not complicated:

If a team is u11, which this year are the 2006s, or younger, they cannot head the ball for the 2016-2017 year.

If a player is a u11 (born in 2006), and they want to play up on a u12 (2005) team, they can only do if they have turned the age of 11.

It is that simple.
              Isn't it possible to still have a 2005 --10 Year old at the start of the season at U 12 (2005) if they are 9/10/11/12--2005 they have not turned 11 yet. its for this reason they are still considering not even letting the 2005 head the ball. I know GCF is asking FYSA to clarify. Very confusing. In general 2006 cannot play up gainst 2005 teams in league play which is very bad for development for good 2006 team that should be playing up.

Comment

Movement

Isn't it possible to still have a 2005 --10 Year old at the start of the season at U 12 (2005) if they are 9/10/11/12--2005 they have not turned 11 yet. its for this reason they are still considering not even letting the 2005 head the ball. I know GCF is asking FYSA to clarify. Very confusing. In general 2006 cannot play up gainst 2005 teams in league play which is very bad for development for good 2006 team that should be playing up.
                More than likely it's a player that should play up, not a whole team. Too many kids are in over their heads when they aren't ready against a year older group

Comment

SOLUTION: U11/U12 Combined age groups and divisions (No heading)

Comment

Can a U10 player play on a U11 team this coming year? These guidelines/policies is different from what I was originally led to believe.

Comment

Can a U10 player play on a U11 team this coming year? These guidelines/policies is different from what I was originally led to believe.
                      Yes. A 2007 can play up 1 year (2006). The issue is the 2005/2006 level.

Comment

If the objective is to respect the statement "FYSA has eliminated heading in matches for player’s age 10-years-old and younger" the only way to accomplish this is to make U12 a non heading age group ... at least in the Fall but for simplicity is should be all year. The current rule is making it terribly unfair for one single birth year which cannot play up... In some cases these kids are being put down almost two years ... ie. an 06 who was an 05/06 last year playing up to 04/05 and is now forced to play 2006. I know there are only a handful in this situation but for those that this is happening to it is quite devastating... At least if the no heading applies to U12 ... no birth year would be singled out.

Comment

If the objective is to respect the statement "FYSA has eliminated heading in matches for player’s age 10-years-old and younger" the only way to accomplish this is to make U12 a non heading age group ... at least in the Fall but for simplicity is should be all year. The current rule is making it terribly unfair for one single birth year which cannot play up... In some cases these kids are being put down almost two years ... ie. an 06 who was an 05/06 last year playing up to 04/05 and is now forced to play 2006. I know there are only a handful in this situation but for those that this is happening to it is quite devastating... At least if the no heading applies to U12 ... no birth year would be singled out.
                          This is exactly correct. I have a daughter in this situation. She is a 2006 with a mid-May DOB, so she wouldn't even be able to apply for the "waiver" until the very end of the season. It sucks. Her team from last season was made up of 3 2004s, 6 2005s, and 2 2006s. With the birth year change, the 2004s moved up, so the plan was to keep the other 8 girls together and now that plan is thrown to sh!$.

Comment

SOLUTION: U11/U12 Combined age groups and divisions (No heading)

That's right, and if you read the rules close, it actually says that. Clubs can elect to make multi-year teams but some age brackets need to be "no heading" teams.

Interestingly, I've learned that a U10 kid can play up to a U11/U12 team in that category because there are U11 players on the team. These provisions help teams that got scrambled because of the age thing stay together. For example, it is possible that a team last season comprised of U9 and U10 kids could end up having kids ranging from U9 to U12 due to the changes in the age structure.

Comment

Not sure if at 06 it would be devastating. They are 10-year-olds, they have a lifetime of youth soccer ahead of them.

Comment

fysa is expected to come out with further clarification as to how the rule will affect the 10 year olds who turn 11 from september to december 31st ... supposedly leagues and tourneys will have two divisions for u12 ... one that is heading (for teams that have all 11 year old + players) and a non heading division as well. Seems to me that statistically all teams will have to enter the non heading division for the fall and will then be able to enter heading tourneys in winter and spring and spring leagures... seems like a lot of confusion and dilution of the concentration of teams

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X