Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Love how girls parents assume every post is about GIRLS soccer! Believe it or not there is actually a DA system already in place and has been for several years now. FOR BOYS!!!
    Yeah, and the men's team sucks.

Comment

Yeah, and the men's team sucks.
      and the USWNT would have a hard time beating a u18 boy's team

Comment

DA is the worst thing to happen to soccer in this country. Gives false hopes to ignorant parents. Your son or daughter is not going to play professionally and probably won't even play in college. Keep wasting time and money...

Comment

DA is the worst thing to happen to soccer in this country. Gives false hopes to ignorant parents. Your son or daughter is not going to play professionally and probably won't even play in college. Keep wasting time and money...
          Well aren't you just a pleasant little dream catcher.

Comment

and the USWNT would have a hard time beating a u18 boy's team
            As a mater of fact they lost to u17 boys last year 6-1 . Take that.

Comment

I am curious- how much is the DA program for your boys? This is our first year, U15/16. Total cost was $2800 which is higher than his regular club, but is also all inclusive. Fee includes 4 days training, training kits, home and away uniforms, backpack, all fees and insurance, registration, and all travel including plane tickets, buses and hotels (breakfasts only included) - I think there are supposed to be about 25 away games- 5 out of state trips and other 5-6 overnight trips. We also have to volunteer something like 15 hours to the club. Outside of spending money, and some meals we should not have to pay anything else.
              Our son paid his fee. I think he might have mentioned that to his coach because we were sent several scholarship emails from the club and USsoccer and his coach kept asking if we were ok. The club gives 'financial need scholarships' and us soccer will pay all the travel expenses for kids who have a need. We actually make way too much money to reasonably ask for a scholarship but I thought that the whole process was pretty affordable. I mean if a kid can afford it on his own, out of his own savings without a scholarship of any kind it really isn't that expensive, right? Maybe I am completely out of touch but the fee seems attainable, esp. with both club and US soccer helping out if needed. I mean our family cell phone bill is pretty close to that if you count a new phone for at least one of us every year. Maybe the very, very poorest kid can't manage it but they were practically throwing scholarships at us and we didn't even ask. I really do think anyone can do DA regardless of income. At least at the higher ages.
              What does everyone else pay?

Comment

About 3,400 here......

I have heard that some of the DA's in Fla are close to double this....not certain. I consider it a good value. As you point out, it is comparable/close to what we spent annually at a good sized local club.

Comment

Sorry at Kendall academy you pay for all travel.excepting is playoffs usada pays that. Yes 3800...and coaching creates robotic players. ..just my opinionon the style of play. ..

Comment

We paid $0.00 to play DA. Suckers

Comment

We paid $0.00 to play DA. Suckers
                      Suckers how? For living too far from OC? Was this really necessary? Are you 12?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X