X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ODP is division 3 of youth soccer
    Right. That is assuming WNT is div 1, and Nat'l team pool is div2, then ODP would be div 3. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Comment

Odp

Yes I have 3 girls and all 3 did ODP. Best coaching the nation had go offer. ODP honestly is the way to go if your kid has the "it" factor.

Comment

03 girls

Let's be honest. ECNL has two factors.

1. You were lied to
        2. Your kid didn't make it :(

Tryout are next month in Jacksonville. Better luck this time.

Cant tell me otherwise. Not bashing ENCL but I got so many autographs at Florida ODP training. EVER TOP COACH WAS THERE.

FYI both my kids do ECNL and ODP! No excuse!

My oldest is D1 (I might kinda know what I'm taking about)

03's are to young to talk about.

I will tell you guys just enjoy the time together. Blink and they are gone. The Road trips staying in hotel ... Going out to eat etc. make memories and be happy.

do some research and simple math you will see that your Alex Morgan has same ods as winning the lottery.

Just enjoy the "now" moments.

Comment

ODP has been on the decline. With the Girls DA coming it will fold in 2017.

Comment

Please remember that many of the girls that would have been in GA ODP are in ENCL and ENCL have their own form of "ODP". My daughter was part of 99 ODP team and many of the strong girls from FKK and Jacksonville chose not to participate as the years went by. We are are no longer sending our best to ODP.
            99's and 00's going to ODP is a joke. The real talent doesn't go. Only good players that go are the Regional team players that need to participate. The rest are mom and dad living through their kids thinking there's still a chance. ECNL players should be in rest & recovery mode prior to season starting again shortly after it just ended

Comment

99's and 00's going to ODP is a joke. The real talent doesn't go. Only good players that go are the Regional team players that need to participate. The rest are mom and dad living through their kids thinking there's still a chance. ECNL players should be in rest & recovery mode prior to season starting again shortly after it just ended
              Really 00s could just be finishing freshman year- so why wouldn't they go? I see some names on there that are committed to large D1 programs also. How can only the ones who are on regional team be the only ones going cause not enough to field a state team? Maybe some actually enjoy going!

Comment

U.S. SOCCER ANNOUNCES 28 ADDITIONAL CLUBS TO BE INCLUDED IN GIRLS' DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY

July 9, 2016

Program Will Focus on Impacting Everyday Club Environments to Develop World-Class Players

U.S. Soccer has announced an additional 28 clubs that will be a part of the Girls' Development Academy. The program is designed to accelerate the development of world-class female players and will begin play in the fall of 2017.

The following 28 clubs will join the Girls' Development Academy along with the initial group of 25 clubs that were announced on June 30 with more announcements taking place in the near future.

U.S. Soccer is excited to welcome the following clubs:

Boca United (Boca Raton, Fla.)

FC Stars (Acton, Mass.)

San Juan Soccer Club (Rancho Cordova, Calif.)

Charlotte Soccer Academy (Matthews, N.C.)

FC Virginia (Chantilly, Va.)

Shattuck-St. Mary's Rev SC (Faribault, Minn.)

Clay County Soccer Club (Fleming Island, Fla.)

IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)

Sting Soccer Club (Addison, Texas)

Dallas Texans (Plano, Texas)

Jacksonville Armada Youth Academy (JFC) (Jacksonville, Fla.)

TSC Hurricane (Tulsa, Okla.)

LA Galaxy San Diego (San Diego, Calif.)

Davis Legacy (Davis, Calif.)

LA Premier FC (La Canada, Calif.)

Virginia Development Academy (Woodbridge, Va.)

Eagles SC (Camarillo, Calif.)

Legends FC (Chino, Calif.)

West Florida Flames (Brandon, Fla.)

East Meadow SC (East Meadow, N.Y.)

Lonestar Soccer Club (Austin, Texas)

Weston FC (Weston, Fla.)

Eastside FC (Preston, Wash.)

Match Fit Academy (Morris Plains, N.J.)

World Class FC (Orangeburg, N.Y.)

Eclipse Select (Oak Brook, Ill.)

Midwest United FC (Grand Rapids, Mich.)

Washington Spirit-Maryland (Boyds, MD.)

Club applications were evaluated and accepted by U.S. Soccer's technical staff based on the following criteria:
                •Leadership of the club and quality of the coaching staff
                •Desire to embrace and promote the core values of the program
                •US. Soccer license levels of coaching staff
                •Infrastructure of the club and the resources currently being invested in development (facilities, scholarships, staff to player ratio, etc.)
                •History of player production for Youth National Teams, the senior Women's National Team and professional leagues
                •Market and depth of the player pool, geographic location and travel implications and proximity to other elite clubs

The Academy program will focus on positively impacting everyday club environments to maximize elite female youth player development. Increasing the training to game ratio, playing fewer but more meaningful games and providing assistance for coaching education and development are just some of the standards and best practices the program will education and development are just some of the standards and best practices the program will promote.

The program will feature three combined age groups: U-14/15, U-16/17 and U-18/19. Clubs will be expected to train a minimum of four times per week. The combined age groups will require clubs to form teams with a balanced roster of players from two distinct birth years and encourage clubs to provide "play up" opportunities. The games will be scouted by U.S. Soccer and the program will serve as the primary pathway to the Youth National Teams.

Comment

Please remember that many of the girls that would have been in GA ODP are in ENCL and ENCL have their own form of "ODP". My daughter was part of 99 ODP team and many of the strong girls from FKK and Jacksonville chose not to participate as the years went by. We are are no longer sending our best to ODP.
                  ODP Florida is a broken system. New coaches and administration are what's required to help change the direction of this program back to to strong program it used to be.
                  But, that won't happen. Politics. Politics. Politics. That's what Florida ODP is all about now.
                  Many talented 99 and 00 Florida players are already committed to colleges and skipped out on ODP this year and are wisely doing ECNL, WPSL, and DA in the summer.

Comment

ODP Florida is a broken system. New coaches and administration are what's required to help change the direction of this program back to to strong program it used to be.
                    But, that won't happen. Politics. Politics. Politics. That's what Florida ODP is all about now.
                    Many talented 99 and 00 Florida players are already committed to colleges and skipped out on ODP this year and are wisely doing ECNL, WPSL, and DA in the summer.
                    No top 00 players skipped out this year. A couple not attending due to injury.

Comment

Is the list released for the region 3 pool team?

Comment

Is the list released for the region 3 pool team?
                        Heard it was posted. Anyone take pic?

Comment

Odp

I would... How do you add photos on here?

Comment

Odp

I have a photo of the Regional pool I just have no idea how to add a photo on here. Florida has the most players that made it.

Comment

No top 00 players skipped out this year. A couple not attending due to injury.
                              The top 00 players that still play ODP play on the Region Pool. Hate to burst that bubble mom/dad. A ton that dont play that could and you would see a totally different team and some kids that are going to AL would have not been invited. Be real.

Comment

The top 00 players that still play ODP play on the Region Pool. Hate to burst that bubble mom/dad. A ton that dont play that could and you would see a totally different team and some kids that are going to AL would have not been invited. Be real.
                                Saw 4 names on the 00 ODP list that are top level players. All play at the Regional Level. There are a ton of ECNL players not on that list. I wonder why that is? ODP ship sailed for these age groups a long time ago. The OP that challenged the 99/00 class was spot on. Its for mom and dad, they still believe that their kid wearing a Florida ODP shirt is a big deal. LMFAO

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X