Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL is going to want to hold onto every club they can. No one is getting dropped even though some should. Not relegating clubs is part of the reason USSF is staging a coup
    Its a different environment now. These two groups are battling for control and putting clubs in the middle of the fray. ECNL has told the FL clubs who have both leagues that they are not taking the clubs '2nd' teams and they will be dropped if they don't enter their top team/players in ecnl. They were especially clear on the issue with clubs who are at the bottom of the barrel in ecnl and now think they are playing girls DA too. Don't believe me, go to the clubs and ask. I bet only 2 clubs in FL will be allowed to be in both DA and ECNL.

Comment

Its a different environment now. These two groups are battling for control and putting clubs in the middle of the fray. ECNL has told the FL clubs who have both leagues that they are not taking the clubs '2nd' teams and they will be dropped if they don't enter their top team/players in ecnl. They were especially clear on the issue with clubs who are at the bottom of the barrel in ecnl and now think they are playing girls DA too. Don't believe me, go to the clubs and ask. I bet only 2 clubs in FL will be allowed to be in both DA and ECNL.
      Where did you get this information??????

Comment

US soccer doesn't give a sh$t if you have or keep ECNL. They know the top dog will be the GDA. ECNL might remove some clubs but it won't be easy and I doubt you will see it.

Comment

Hue and Sean told us bwahahahaha

Comment

Hue and Sean told us bwahahahaha
            FKK is a dumpster fire.

Comment

When GDA begins what will a typical GDA game schedule be? Will they travel far and often to play other GDAs outside of the state and region?

Comment

The Florida clubs will not be dropped unless their performance warrants it. Next year, will be ECNL only. The following will be ECNL and GDA. In that following year they will look at the results. Those clubs will be put on probation and get one more year. The Florida clubs will have 2 years to prove that they can perform in ECNL after GDA starts.

Comment

The Florida clubs will not be dropped unless their performance warrants it. Next year, will be ECNL only. The following will be ECNL and GDA. In that following year they will look at the results. Those clubs will be put on probation and get one more year. The Florida clubs will have 2 years to prove that they can perform in ECNL after GDA starts.
                  All lies Bubb and Hue told me they are getting ECNL, only they know the truth. Just ask them.

Comment

FKK is a dumpster fire.
                    First accurate post I've read on this thread lately.

Comment

I've heard anything from the "top" 10 to top 25 clubs will get to do both. But who decides - ECNL or USSF? What factors will go into that decision? And who is in the "top" will change some year to year, so what clubs may or may not have a B team one year to the next? The whole thing sounds ripe for politics. Either everyone should be allowed to do both or not. Then each league should decide separately if the clubs are meeting expectations for that particular league (although we know ECNL doesn't really have many applied standards :)). The reality is there aren't many clubs that have the resources and player pools to pull off doing both well.

Comment

There are almost as many GDA clubs as ECNL clubs. So if all these clubs fielded their second team in ECNL the competitive balance would be exactly the same.

However, GDA only fields 3 teams of mixed birth years, so girls DA only has room for 60 percent of the players that ECNL has. So that means even more players available for ECNL. Why get rid of paying customers that will still play in your league? GDA will be the top league, but ECNL will still be "elite" enough to offer girls a chance at college soccer.

The girls that are going to get big scholarships to the major programs represent only a small percentage of the current ECNL players. Still the one number that will remain there are 10,000 spots filled on women's D1 teams another 16K for D2 and 3. They haveto get their players from somewhere no matter what letters make up the league they play in.

Comment

There are almost as many GDA clubs as ECNL clubs. So if all these clubs fielded their second team in ECNL the competitive balance would be exactly the same.

However, GDA only fields 3 teams of mixed birth years, so girls DA only has room for 60 percent of the players that ECNL has. So that means even more players available for ECNL. Why get rid of paying customers that will still play in your league? GDA will be the top league, but ECNL will still be "elite" enough to offer girls a chance at college soccer.

The girls that are going to get big scholarships to the major programs represent only a small percentage of the current ECNL players. Still the one number that will remain there are 10,000 spots filled on women's D1 teams another 16K for D2 and 3. They haveto get their players from somewhere no matter what letters make up the league they play in.
                          It's just gong to shift up a level - GDA becomes the top league (with many but not all of the top players), then ECNL is #2 (weaker than before but still solid for those lower level D1 programs plus all the D2 and D3 spots), then NPL #3 (which will get hurt even more because moves will open up spots in ECNL, letting NPL players trade up).

In other words, it gets watered down even more. Geography, club management, the no HS rule will mean not all top players will go to GDA. Anything below NPL will be even weaker still. All of this to supposedly improve the performance of the top 1%

Comment

It's just gong to shift up a level - GDA becomes the top league (with many but not all of the top players), then ECNL is #2 (weaker than before but still solid for those lower level D1 programs plus all the D2 and D3 spots), then NPL #3 (which will get hurt even more because moves will open up spots in ECNL, letting NPL players trade up).

In other words, it gets watered down even more. Geography, club management, the no HS rule will mean not all top players will go to GDA. Anything below NPL will be even weaker still. All of this to supposedly improve the performance of the top 1%
                            ECNL and NPL may become second or third tier in the club based closed us club system but there will be many equal teams playing in top Us youth soccer leagues.

Comment

ECNL and NPL may become second or third tier in the club based closed us club system but there will be many equal teams playing in top Us youth soccer leagues.
                              It's going to vary a lot by geography - big metros can handle all the layers, but once you start getting to suburban/less population density there just isn't enough talent for all these "top" teams. At that level it will be very dependent on what clubs are involved.

Comment

Can anybody give a quick glimpse into what the girls da yearly calendar will be like? Will it mirror the boys da schedule? Will there be much travel for games and tournaments year round?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X