Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "The DA program is only 8 years old... Do not evaluate the entire DA system right now, I would look 10 years down the road." So you're saying we need to give them 18 years to make a difference? What organization gets 18-years to improve what it's doing?
    U.S. Government

Comment

5K for the soccer. We were talking about the tuition to board and attend school like many do.
      So attend local schools and live locally. Problems solved. its what we did and what several do. Its not rocket science; its sports.

Comment

So attend local schools and live locally. Problems solved. its what we did and what several do. Its not rocket science; its sports.
        But we could play at WFF close by where the coaches and GDA will be better!

Comment

But we could play at WFF close by where the coaches and GDA will be better!
          Seriously? WFF teams IMO have not shown continuous growth in either their NPL or ECNL teams; compare w/ IMG's GU18/19 teams championships and 1st place rankings in leagues and tournaments over the past few years. Coaching IMO, is better [at IMG] and the facilities provide the players w/excellent resources at their fingertips. The school's program provides challenging programs; these kids go on to graduate and play at a variety of colleges and institutions - hopefully suiting to their specific needs and desires - that's one of the goals of IMG. Look at the lists over the past several years of graduates; I'm pretty sure they are worthy of calling them a top 20 FL program/club. If there are other ways of ranking the club, Id be interested in seeing.

Comment

Seriously? WFF teams IMO have not shown continuous growth in either their NPL or ECNL teams; compare w/ IMG's GU18/19 teams championships and 1st place rankings in leagues and tournaments over the past few years. Coaching IMO, is better [at IMG] and the facilities provide the players w/excellent resources at their fingertips. The school's program provides challenging programs; these kids go on to graduate and play at a variety of colleges and institutions - hopefully suiting to their specific needs and desires - that's one of the goals of IMG. Look at the lists over the past several years of graduates; I'm pretty sure they are worthy of calling them a top 20 FL program/club. If there are other ways of ranking the club, Id be interested in seeing.
            If you look at a map of Central Florida power clubs then WFF is basically in the middle of a triangle that is formed by IMG, OCYS and TBU. They are in the middle of the donut hole if you will. WFF has the least to offer of all those clubs going forward.... they better get very creative very fast.

Comment

If you look at a map of Central Florida power clubs then WFF is basically in the middle of a triangle that is formed by IMG, OCYS and TBU. They are in the middle of the donut hole if you will. WFF has the least to offer of all those clubs going forward.... they better get very creative very fast.
              OC is too far away to be a threat.

Comment

On the boys DA side there is no option- you must attend the school and pay the full tuition- if you are not a residential student and live locally then the cost is still about 60k. The biggest scholarship we know of was 15% per year- that was ltwo years ago so a four year program was still over $200k.. I live in the area and looked into it prior to my child starting high school because IMG had got in trouble with its DA program because the majority of its players were foreign and thus they were not developing for the US national team. In order to keep the DA they had to bring in US citizens and we knew three families who worked at IMG who got massive discounts at the time for their kids who were average soccer players. One player that was on that years DA didn't even start on our local team. But they attended basically free because they were employees there and the had to fill rosters.
                I'm not sure how they will run the GDA but I think there is a chance you will have to attend the school as well. The only reason the girls side doesn't have to attend the school now is because the boys train I the a m and the girls train in the pm so traditional school hours work out. The school itself is sub par. Some boys end up doing FLVS in order to fulfill grad. requirements. Can't imagine paying 78k and then taking free online classes. The facilities are pretty spectacular though. And they keep building and building. I see why kids want to go there. Outside of the awesome facilities there is no reason for IMG to have a DA. It truly is "if you can afford 78k you can be a DA player". When you call to talk to the coach the first thing he asks is if you are prepared for the tuition because if you are not you are just wasting everyone's time. That was the very first thing he said to us at least.

Comment

Just curious, not bashing. I know IMG has produced some great athletes, especially golf and tennis. Has any National Team player ever come out of their program?
                  Nope. Especially those that DO pay the $60k/year for their kid to play there.
                  What a scam!

Comment

Nope. Especially those that DO pay the $60k/year for their kid to play there.
                    What a scam!
                    Erica Tamrek

Comment

Just curious, not bashing. I know IMG has produced some great athletes, especially golf and tennis. Has any National Team player ever come out of their program?
                      yes ... ET played

Comment

Erica Tamrek
                        she was a big timer

Comment

she was a big timer
                          still is

Comment

very expensive!!

Comment

On the boys DA side there is no option- you must attend the school and pay the full tuition- if you are not a residential student and live locally then the cost is still about 60k. The biggest scholarship we know of was 15% per year- that was ltwo years ago so a four year program was still over $200k.. I live in the area and looked into it prior to my child starting high school because IMG had got in trouble with its DA program because the majority of its players were foreign and thus they were not developing for the US national team. In order to keep the DA they had to bring in US citizens and we knew three families who worked at IMG who got massive discounts at the time for their kids who were average soccer players. One player that was on that years DA didn't even start on our local team. But they attended basically free because they were employees there and the had to fill rosters.
                              I'm not sure how they will run the GDA but I think there is a chance you will have to attend the school as well. The only reason the girls side doesn't have to attend the school now is because the boys train I the a m and the girls train in the pm so traditional school hours work out. The school itself is sub par. Some boys end up doing FLVS in order to fulfill grad. requirements. Can't imagine paying 78k and then taking free online classes. The facilities are pretty spectacular though. And they keep building and building. I see why kids want to go there. Outside of the awesome facilities there is no reason for IMG to have a DA. It truly is "if you can afford 78k you can be a DA player". When you call to talk to the coach the first thing he asks is if you are prepared for the tuition because if you are not you are just wasting everyone's time. That was the very first thing he said to us at least.
                              We are within driving distance of IMG but cannot/will not pay those fees. We reached out to them and were told that they are not necessarily going to implement Girls DA as the Boys side is currently structured. They said they are considering some alternative models. I get the sense that they are cognizant that WFF represents a much cheaper alternative route to GDA nearby - granted, a much lesser of an experience. They basically said to stay in touch while they sort it out.

Comment

We are within driving distance of IMG but cannot/will not pay those fees. We reached out to them and were told that they are not necessarily going to implement Girls DA as the Boys side is currently structured. They said they are considering some alternative models. I get the sense that they are cognizant that WFF represents a much cheaper alternative route to GDA nearby - granted, a much lesser of an experience. They basically said to stay in touch while they sort it out.
                                That's what they told you. What they told us is they are looking for girls DA to increase they amount of actual domestic girls they have going to the school. They are excited for girls DA and expressed to us that it will play a big part of IMG's future and relationship with US Soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X