Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard the tournament has more teams than flights for them to play in. There is a waiting list.
    Yes, for example U19 has two flights. Normally they have trouble getting enough teams for even a single flight.

Comment

yea I stretch it out really good 3-4 times a week. I'm sure your wife will want the same so just let me know. I can get it done and still maintain 6' social distance....peewee
      I would be remiss not to mention that this is a classic Larry Miller line.

Comment

I would be remiss not to mention that this is a classic Larry Miller line.
        You are 100% correct!!!!

Comment

dumb-ss response / deflective answer from most probably a biden supporter.

(FYI, my kids have been practicing with there teammates since March and have not skipped a day). not 1 case of covid between them.

Getting back to the question that you conveniently ignored: where are all the teams (all divisions, all ages) supposed to play if schools don't open the fields?
          How do you know? The kids have been tested regularly?

Comment

LI Soccer Classic Tournament

How do you know? The kids have been tested regularly?

Tested: Yes, and not 1 case!!!!

secondly, where are all teams, all divisions, all age groups supposed to play if schools do not issue permits for use of fields? (i think maybe 3rd or 4th time I'm asking)

Comment

secondly, where are all teams, all divisions, all age groups supposed to play if schools do not issue permits for use of fields? (i think maybe 3rd or 4th time I'm asking)
              It depends on how many clubs don't have access. Some schools have issued permits for their fields. Some clubs use non-school fields that are open. Other clubs have made arrangements for other fields. But clubs that are 100% dependent on school fields where permits haven't been issued may be forced to play a 100% away game schedule along with some help from others, such as LIJSL providing access to Soccer Park, to play.

There very well may be too many clubs without fields for play to be feasible but everyone is scrambling to avoid that.

Comment

Why would you come to this site looking for an answer? IMHO no fields means teams either playing away from home field, renting a field or not playing. Every club is in a different situation.

Comment

LI Soccer Classic Tournament

Why would you come to this site looking for an answer? IMHO no fields means teams either playing away from home field, renting a field or not playing. Every club is in a different situation.
                  Because every year it is extremely difficult for the leagues (LIJ, NYClub, EDP) to schedule all the games for all ages, all divisions. But somehow they manage to get this done.

Now you are expecting everything to get scheduled with maybe 70%-80% less available fields? Lets also add in that on November 1st it is dark at 4:30pm!!!

All Clubs are in the same situation as the schedules are based on the division alignments.

So today is September 14!!!! Many Many Many teams (all ages and divisions) still do not have a schedule!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X