Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CFC has always done them the same week and always a few days apart. It is Easter that moves. It’s also called commitment. You’re not in college. Lol.
    With 85% of the team already in place, does it really matter?

Comment

With 85% of the team already in place, does it really matter?
      It matters 1) for appearances 2) they do need to fill the other 15%. The club actually has gotten better about taking more outside players. It's still in the minority but at least better. Problem is once locked in at U14 there are rarely any other substantive changes.

Comment

Alistair Lonsdale is the current coach of the CFC U13 ECNL team. I would start there as he will definitely have input and I would guess 85% of the girls on this team will be on CFC U14 ECNL 1 team next year.
        85% is from CFC branches, but probably 14 out of the 22 kids will be be from the pre-ecnl squad.

Comment

Alistair Lonsdale is the current coach of the CFC U13 ECNL team. I would start there as he will definitely have input and I would guess 85% of the girls on this team will be on CFC U14 ECNL 1 team next year.
          Lots of the 85% are going to be disappointed when they are on the NPL squad.

CFC always favors homegrown kids when deciding between players of equal ability.

CFCU’s very best team is a core of kids that grew up in the club. They then added players from FSA, YU, SCP, OW and Ginga.

I’d temper the 85% expectation

Comment

CFC always favors homegrown kids when deciding between players of equal ability.

CFCU’s very best team is a core of kids that grew up in the club. They then added players from FSA, YU, SCP, OW and Ginga.

They will start with most from the pre-ecnl team but if they are not a strong group, look for lower percentages this year and more whole sale changes next year to replace the majority of kids.

Comment

They will start with most from the pre-ecnl team but if they are not a strong group, look for lower percentages this year and more whole sale changes next year to replace the majority of kids.
              A few years ago CFC West played the pre ECNL schedule as u13s. They struggled mightily.

Not a single player from that team plays on the ECNL team

Comment

A few years ago CFC West played the pre ECNL schedule as u13s. They struggled mightily.

Not a single player from that team plays on the ECNL team
                My D is that age group. That team was a mess and it was a big mistake giving West that title. It's an age group where CFC still struggles to this day.

Comment

That was a different time. That team was formed at U14 with mostly CFC kids, but the age group change came at U15 and everyone got split up and reshuffled. They needed to add from the outside to balance the rosters. I think the OP was correct. Probably 85% sounds right.

Comment

That was a different time. That team was formed at U14 with mostly CFC kids, but the age group change came at U15 and everyone got split up and reshuffled. They needed to add from the outside to balance the rosters. I think the OP was correct. Probably 85% sounds right.
                    I would guess it depends on how many kids join the Arsenal team this year? Do the Wolves, Ginga, YU and South kids all try out for the pre-ECNL team this year? If so, there won’t be many spots. If everyone stays put, then there will be high turnover next year. The current Arsenal squad is a nice team, but they’re certainly not dominant.

Comment

I would guess it depends on how many kids join the Arsenal team this year? Do the Wolves, Ginga, YU and South kids all try out for the pre-ECNL team this year? If so, there won’t be many spots. If everyone stays put, then there will be high turnover next year. The current Arsenal squad is a nice team, but they’re certainly not dominant.
                      I think you will find fewer kids coming from Ginga. Ginga have established themselves as a club that truly develops players and people know it. Far better than CFC or FSA. However, Ginga is likely to hold onto to players now. They have a proven platform and now they have a pathway to college with the EDP National League. By the same token Sporting and Rush will retain more of their players. I personally believe that on the girls side ECNL is still the top league but the gap has narrowed considerably. Parents are more likely to stay with coaches and a club they trust if they feel the pathway is still one that leads to college. I am predicting a significant dip in tryout numbers to ECNL and Academy clubs from families that have to travel 1 hour or more (90%-100% drop). I also predict a 75% drop for families that drive 45 min - 1 hour. Way too much competition in the marketplace. I also predict many of the bottom feeding Premier programs will fold in next 1-2 years with a much more difficult barrier to entry moving forward.

Comment

I think you will find fewer kids coming from Ginga. Ginga have established themselves as a club that truly develops players and people know it. Far better than CFC or FSA. However, Ginga is likely to hold onto to players now. They have a proven platform and now they have a pathway to college with the EDP National League. By the same token Sporting and Rush will retain more of their players. I personally believe that on the girls side ECNL is still the top league but the gap has narrowed considerably. Parents are more likely to stay with coaches and a club they trust if they feel the pathway is still one that leads to college. I am predicting a significant dip in tryout numbers to ECNL and Academy clubs from families that have to travel 1 hour or more (90%-100% drop). I also predict a 75% drop for families that drive 45 min - 1 hour. Way too much competition in the marketplace. I also predict many of the bottom feeding Premier programs will fold in next 1-2 years with a much more difficult barrier to entry moving forward.
                        I predict that you're crazy crazy. I'll also predict that your statements are quite funny and I'll never drive travel to an EDP National event over any ECNL or DA showcase.

-Coach Nostradamus

Comment

Gingabhas been around fo awhile now and they have not proven anything. Develop what? who?

They are a long way from being relevant in CT. Let alone the region.

Comment

You probably predicted Mueller would find collusion as well. Ginga is what it is. A nice little club for young players. They have no pathway to college. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Name the last Ginga player that stayed with the club that went on to play in college. Not a small D3. No k o’clock on that and if that’s your cup of tea, Ginga might be ok. But D1 or D2, the kids will waste a way which is why they all leave. The club owner knows it as well.

Comment

Gingabhas been around fo awhile now and they have not proven anything. Develop what? who?

They are a long way from being relevant in CT. Let alone the region.
                              like many other clubs they do a fine job training younger players. then the better ones move up the soccer ladder. ginga is not a pipeline to anything, it's just another club in the numbers game

Comment

I predict that you're crazy crazy. I'll also predict that your statements are quite funny and I'll never drive travel to an EDP National event over any ECNL or DA showcase.

-Coach Nostradamus
                                This has to be an fsa parent. Only they can be so short sighted. Yeah keep drilling the ball up the field

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X