Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m not involved with this team but I have a few issues with your post.

So what’s the ideal roster number in your world? 18? 20? So by your logic, having 6-8 more players on a roster eliminates a “team culture”?

How is being on a team with a large roster of 26 not the parents fault? The club is upfront about playing time and no one is holding a gun to a parents head about joining a team with a large roster. If any parent had concerns about PT, they never should have accepted a spot, sorry but it’s on them completely.
    Okay, so tell me coach, why do you have 26 kids on the team? What is the honest reason for that?

Comment

Yet CFC manages to do it with other teams that have large rosters. Sorry but some of the families shoulder some of the blame. Toxic parents breed toxic kids and cast a pale over entire teams. It doesn't even require many of them. Sometimes even the best of coaches can't get a handle on it. Certainly coaches who don't see it or don't do anything about it will only exacerbate it. They already "re-tooled" once. Not sure where they could possibly get many new impact players to turn things around. Also, if the coach hasn't had the team long he should be given more time to turn things around.
      One other team only pal.

Comment

Oh boy. this group of Mom's are the worst. I have to stand next to them every game. A bunch of lunatics with shouting and carrying on and the yelling at the ref. These 03 Moms need to shut it down and keep eating in their cars rather than wandering to the field.

CFC 03 Dad
        Nice try outsider. This is a dad sideline. I haven’t seen any moms at practice or games but thanks for chiming in to stir the pot moron

Comment

I’m not involved with this team but I have a few issues with your post.

So what’s the ideal roster number in your world? 18? 20? So by your logic, having 6-8 more players on a roster eliminates a “team culture”?

How is being on a team with a large roster of 26 not the parents fault? The club is upfront about playing time and no one is holding a gun to a parents head about joining a team with a large roster. If any parent had concerns about PT, they never should have accepted a spot, sorry but it’s on them completely.
          I'm not involved with the team either. Ideal roster size is 18. And yes, if you have all those extra players not getting what they paid for it is going to have a negative impact on team culture. If CFC was transparent about the size of the roster prior to taking money from the parents then you are correct it is on the parents. I guess they are saying if you want to put your kid in this situation we'll take your money. Still seems a bit shady to me.

Comment

Nice try outsider. This is a dad sideline. I haven’t seen any moms at practice or games but thanks for chiming in to stir the pot moron
            Maybe he was using a metaphor for your behavior. Sorry, let me spell that for you fenetikally .... metafor. Do you know what that means now?

Comment

I'm not involved with the team either. Ideal roster size is 18. And yes, if you have all those extra players not getting what they paid for it is going to have a negative impact on team culture. If CFC was transparent about the size of the roster prior to taking money from the parents then you are correct it is on the parents. I guess they are saying if you want to put your kid in this situation we'll take your money. Still seems a bit shady to me.
              Parents are so stupid. CFC owners have a huge nut to cover paying for that new facility. Why do you think they took 26 kids on an ECNL roster? Did you even take the time to look at the roster size on their Composite team? That has 22 as well this year. Where do you think these kids are playing games??? Wise up! They could care less if you take your kid elsewhere. You aren’t getting your money back now. You’ve been taken to the bank because you had ECNL dreams

Comment

Parents are so stupid. CFC owners have a huge nut to cover paying for that new facility. Why do you think they took 26 kids on an ECNL roster? Did you even take the time to look at the roster size on their Composite team? That has 22 as well this year. Where do you think these kids are playing games??? Wise up! They could care less if you take your kid elsewhere. You aren’t getting your money back now. You’ve been taken to the bank because you had ECNL dreams
                So you are telling me parents paid $3,500 for their kids to be a training player and play in few, if any games, on any CFC United teams? If that is the case, I hope the parents that dropped this amount of money were made aware that there kids were there to train and not play in games. Does FSA do this as well?

Comment

No, FSA has bad parking.

Comment

you obviously are a bit touched. get a clue pally

Comment

See, every beef on here is true.

1. there's a group of kids on that 2003 team that are talented, but have attitudes
                      2. the coach/mgmt/whoever play those kids even if it kills team chemistry
                      3. the coach is checked out
                      4. there's a group of toxic, whining parents that add to the bad mix
                      5. there's too many players on every CFC united roster, which means you have at least 3-4 unhappy kids and unhappy parents, but, since there's people willing to pay the $$$, you get what you get
                      6. CFC mgmt only ever cares or makes an effort for 2-3 girls per age group where they know they kid is an easy college commit. Where it takes some time/effort, they aren't overly interested in investing the time/effort for the kid who is #6 or lower in the pecking order
                      7. sometimes certain age groups seem to have more talented kids than other ages. It's just a weird crap shoot

What did I miss? There's plenty of blame to go around to all sides. Not an either-or here.

Comment

If ECNL is the Mecca of youth soccer than players need to play 80 to 90 percent of the games.

I can’t believe a YOUTH CLUB feels that they are helping players by carrying 26 players on a roster and only playing certain players the correct amount of game time required for development.

Players want to play, players need to play MORE!!!

Cmon CFC, get it right, have the courage to not take the money!!!
                        That will all be fixed once CFC introduces ECNL East and West teams come fall 2019

Comment

1. there's a group of kids on that 2003 team that are talented, but have attitudes
                          5. there's too many players on every CFC united roster, which means you have at least 3-4 unhappy kids and unhappy parents, but, since there's people willing to pay the $$$, you get what you get
                          6. CFC mgmt only ever cares or makes an effort for 2-3 girls per age group where they know they kid is an easy college commit. Where it takes some time/effort, they aren't overly interested in investing the time/effort for the kid who is #6 or lower in the pecking order
                          7. sometimes certain age groups seem to have more talented kids than other ages. It's just a weird crap shoot

What did I miss? There's plenty of blame to go around to all sides. Not an either-or here.
                          You forgot the most important one.
                          8. You’re an idiot

No GOOD club has only 18 on a roster. 2-3 injuries and a batmitzvah and you’re down to 12. With the league sub rules and back to back games, it simply doesn’t work. 22 is ideal. 26 a bit much but some people would rather be 26 on the ECNL than play NPL. They usually end up regretting it, but it’s their call to make.

CFC is very good with recruiting. The coaches usually sit down and go over the process with each family. And they obviously don’t focus only on 2-3 kids when most of the roster gets recruited. That’s a silly statement.

Playing time is not an issue at CFC. Players usually end up playing with the NPL, Composite or 18 ECNL team because those teams tend to be light on away trips. Plenty to complain about at CFC and every club, but PT isn’t one of them. They even play everyone evenly at tournaments, unlike OW.

Comment

It's the parking. It's the fault of the lot in Bethany. You forgot that part

Comment

While I don't agree with the recruiting part (they wouldn't have such a good track record without some effort behind it) it is true that sometimes it isn't any one thing that leads to poor performance. This team may just be a perfect storm of bad ju-ju.

Comment

So you are telling me parents paid $3,500 for their kids to be a training player and play in few, if any games, on any CFC United teams? If that is the case, I hope the parents that dropped this amount of money were made aware that there kids were there to train and not play in games. Does FSA do this as well?
                                nonsense. Kids play and play all the time. It just might not always be on their "team" - it could be NPL one week or the composite team. ECNL sub rules also make it easier to sub kids in and out vs GDA. FSA rosters tend to be smaller so no doubt players get more consistent PT. But you're trading off generally weaker coaching and weaker recruiting at FSA. Families would rather take their chances with CFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X