X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champions crowned at Jefferson Cup 2019 Boys Weekend

U-14 Championship Division

FSA FC Boys 05 ECNL showed grit and character to capture the top U-14 title on Sunday afternoon, scoring early and avoiding a late push by Manhattan SC Freedom to earn the 2-1 win.

From the start of the first half, FSA put their attacking wheels in motion using midfiedler Anthony Catanzaro to disrupt Manhattan’s back-line, forcing them out wide. That in turn created space from which his midfielder Daniel Jia could create attacking chances. In the 13th minute, his cross into the box found defender Lucas Almeida, who slotted home the first goal of the match.

Manhattan had another strong scoring chance in the 28th minute with Miguel Saavedra lacing in a cross for Perry. His shot was on target but would hit forward Kevin Rivas who cleared the goal-line chance.

Despite facing considerable pressure throughout the match FSA’s defense held their own with Rivas, Trevor Moretti, Grayson Shaw and Charles Riegel all making key stops.

+READ: Jefferson Cup U10-U15 Boys Weekend – Day 1 Recap

“As a side we don’t concede many goals,” said FSA coach Steven Stokoe. “We played in a league last year where we conceded very few goals. It is a trademark of our team.”

FSA’s tight organization on the backline allowed for their attack to continue to press and look for an insurance goal. They would find it just before halftime after Jia scooped up a rebound off a kick save by the Manhattan goalkeeper and buried it into the back of the net.

In the second half, Manhattan ramped up the pressure, looking to cut their deficit to one. They were given new hope in the 69th minute, when after a free kick by Alejandro Pelez-Pelaez, Manhattan’s Jedd Horowitz scored on a belter from the top of the box. But they were unable to bag a second before time expired, falling just short on a corner kick chance that ended with a referee’s whistle.

“Overall, I thought we deserved it,” said Stokoe. “In the first half I thought we were solid. Second half, I thought we were being very professional until about the last ten minutes when they put us under a little bit of pressure. But we have a small squad and had a few injuries so in the end I am very pleased with the result.”

For FSA the victory continues an already positive 2018-2020 season. The side is currently in first place in the ECNL Northeast Standings. But by winning the Jefferson Cup the club will hope for more success in the spring.

“Our mindset coming down here is that this is the start of our season,” added Stokoe. “So by winning I think it sets up nicely for the rest of the season.”

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    u-14 championship division

fsa fc boys 05 ecnl showed grit and character to capture the top u-14 title on sunday afternoon, scoring early and avoiding a late push by manhattan sc freedom to earn the 2-1 win.

From the start of the first half, fsa put their attacking wheels in motion using midfiedler anthony catanzaro to disrupt manhattan’s back-line, forcing them out wide. That in turn created space from which his midfielder daniel jia could create attacking chances. In the 13th minute, his cross into the box found defender lucas almeida, who slotted home the first goal of the match.

Manhattan had another strong scoring chance in the 28th minute with miguel saavedra lacing in a cross for perry. His shot was on target but would hit forward kevin rivas who cleared the goal-line chance.

Despite facing considerable pressure throughout the match fsa’s defense held their own with rivas, trevor moretti, grayson shaw and charles riegel all making key stops.

+read: Jefferson cup u10-u15 boys weekend – day 1 recap

“as a side we don’t concede many goals,” said fsa coach steven stokoe. “we played in a league last year where we conceded very few goals. It is a trademark of our team.”

fsa’s tight organization on the backline allowed for their attack to continue to press and look for an insurance goal. They would find it just before halftime after jia scooped up a rebound off a kick save by the manhattan goalkeeper and buried it into the back of the net.

In the second half, manhattan ramped up the pressure, looking to cut their deficit to one. They were given new hope in the 69th minute, when after a free kick by alejandro pelez-pelaez, manhattan’s jedd horowitz scored on a belter from the top of the box. But they were unable to bag a second before time expired, falling just short on a corner kick chance that ended with a referee’s whistle.

“overall, i thought we deserved it,” said stokoe. “in the first half i thought we were solid. Second half, i thought we were being very professional until about the last ten minutes when they put us under a little bit of pressure. But we have a small squad and had a few injuries so in the end i am very pleased with the result.”

for fsa the victory continues an already positive 2018-2020 season. The side is currently in first place in the ecnl northeast standings. But by winning the jefferson cup the club will hope for more success in the spring.

“our mindset coming down here is that this is the start of our season,” added stokoe. “so by winning i think it sets up nicely for the rest of the season.”
    lmao .

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      U-14 Championship Division

FSA FC Boys 05 ECNL showed grit and character to capture the top U-14 title on Sunday afternoon, scoring early and avoiding a late push by Manhattan SC Freedom to earn the 2-1 win.

From the start of the first half, FSA put their attacking wheels in motion using midfiedler Anthony Catanzaro to disrupt Manhattan’s back-line, forcing them out wide. That in turn created space from which his midfielder Daniel Jia could create attacking chances. In the 13th minute, his cross into the box found defender Lucas Almeida, who slotted home the first goal of the match.

Manhattan had another strong scoring chance in the 28th minute with Miguel Saavedra lacing in a cross for Perry. His shot was on target but would hit forward Kevin Rivas who cleared the goal-line chance.

Despite facing considerable pressure throughout the match FSA’s defense held their own with Rivas, Trevor Moretti, Grayson Shaw and Charles Riegel all making key stops.

+READ: Jefferson Cup U10-U15 Boys Weekend – Day 1 Recap

“As a side we don’t concede many goals,” said FSA coach Steven Stokoe. “We played in a league last year where we conceded very few goals. It is a trademark of our team.”

FSA’s tight organization on the backline allowed for their attack to continue to press and look for an insurance goal. They would find it just before halftime after Jia scooped up a rebound off a kick save by the Manhattan goalkeeper and buried it into the back of the net.

In the second half, Manhattan ramped up the pressure, looking to cut their deficit to one. They were given new hope in the 69th minute, when after a free kick by Alejandro Pelez-Pelaez, Manhattan’s Jedd Horowitz scored on a belter from the top of the box. But they were unable to bag a second before time expired, falling just short on a corner kick chance that ended with a referee’s whistle.

“Overall, I thought we deserved it,” said Stokoe. “In the first half I thought we were solid. Second half, I thought we were being very professional until about the last ten minutes when they put us under a little bit of pressure. But we have a small squad and had a few injuries so in the end I am very pleased with the result.”

For FSA the victory continues an already positive 2018-2020 season. The side is currently in first place in the ECNL Northeast Standings. But by winning the Jefferson Cup the club will hope for more success in the spring.

“Our mindset coming down here is that this is the start of our season,” added Stokoe. “So by winning I think it sets up nicely for the rest of the season.”
      Haha!! To the idiot who started this post. It’s the only positive from FSA, ever.. haha

Comment

Congratulations! Seriously, no sarcasm. It is special when your son's team does well. What is the link to the article quoted?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Congratulations! Seriously, no sarcasm. It is special when your son's team does well. What is the link to the article quoted?
          clubswithoutparking.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X