Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you play on a DA team are you permitted to sign up for PDP? I assume that is a club decision?
    yes. better training than at OW

Comment

OR, there's benefit to diversity of training and in a team sport it's impossible to work on all your skills by yourself and we all don't live in a Brazilian favela where there's tons of kids playing pick up all day every day becoming the next neymar jr. But that's just IMO, just like yours.

Keep telling yourself that

And I see you have already had a few sips this morning.......

Comment

I hear you. I was asking because I have heard several parents of DA kids talk about still doing the PDA. Our club told us it was not allowed.

Another poster suggested something I may try. That is to find a couple of local kids, find a coach and schedule some small group sessions. I think that is a great way to get some extra training in for those that want it without breaking the bank

Here is a better suggestion. Get that same group of boys ,get them to a park and have them play without a coach. Then you break no bank and your child will get more out of it

But the best training for your child is what they do on their own in the backyard / basement.
        It’s priceless

Comment

I hear you. I was asking because I have heard several parents of DA kids talk about still doing the PDA. Our club told us it was not allowed.

Another poster suggested something I may try. That is to find a couple of local kids, find a coach and schedule some small group sessions. I think that is a great way to get some extra training in for those that want it without breaking the bank
          We've done that but pick the others well - you want players who are close skill wise. You want parents who won't bak out or trying to change the schedule all the time. We've also done PDP and had a very good experience there as well. Certainly easier, but more $.

Comment

Pdp or new nce has been very good for my kids. It isn't cheap but offers a great alternative for top club players to play with other kids at their level. Unfortunately at every club on each team there is a big drop off of skill and talent. Nce just allows more of the top kids to practice together which is nice too see. I also believe in huge diversification of coaching especially under 15. So if you can swing the extra money regardless of where your kid is going to end up try things.I believe you limit yourself if you are tied to just one club. Try different clinics trainings summer programs 3v3 elsewhere . It's about youth development . I love the fact that my kids can now just go anywhere and play with any other kids who they don't know with no issues. It's pay to play don't let a club dictate how you build your children.

Comment

So do you see any point/benefit in older players (u14/u15) doing the CoE? Or is it a waste of time and money?
              Waste of time and money

Comment

Here is a better suggestion. Get that same group of boys ,get them to a park and have them play without a coach. Then you break no bank and your child will get more out of it

But the best training for your child is what they do on their own in the backyard / basement.
                It’s priceless
                i get it. that happens. but the park won't teach fundamentals. reinforcing good techniques and tactics. let's not kid ourselves, the majority of the best players in the world have lived heavily programmed lives at academies.

Comment

i get it. that happens. but the park won't teach fundamentals. reinforcing good techniques and tactics. let's not kid ourselves, the majority of the best players in the world have lived heavily programmed lives at academies.
                  I think that is his point ... less fundamentals and just figure out what works or not. If your kid is getting training with a halfway decent club/coach, they should be getting that stuff there. Freeform play lets them try and experiment over and over again until they can finally figure out how to get moves to work correctly and when to apply them. There are simply no rights and wrongs. Club practices are too rigid and do not allow for kids to experiment and figure stuff out .... they instead play to avoid mistakes. Believe me, their friends will correct repeated abuses and mistakes!!

Comment

I think that is his point ... less fundamentals and just figure out what works or not. If your kid is getting training with a halfway decent club/coach, they should be getting that stuff there. Freeform play lets them try and experiment over and over again until they can finally figure out how to get moves to work correctly and when to apply them. There are simply no rights and wrongs. Club practices are too rigid and do not allow for kids to experiment and figure stuff out .... they instead play to avoid mistakes. Believe me, their friends will correct repeated abuses and mistakes!!
                    but i think you ignored my other point, which is that La Masia isn't a free form park.

but with regard to NCE and JC, I do think they do stuff that clubs can't/won't do b/c the caliber of player isn't nearly as consistent.

Comment

Unfortunately you don’t get it. You child is learning the fundamentals at their club training sessions. They need the unstructured play to learn to be creative with no restrictions
                      It very simple if you think
                      Don’t bring up the best players in the world.... they do not come from this country
                      And soon enough the same will be said on the women’s side

Comment

but i think you ignored my other point, which is that La Masia isn't a free form park.

but with regard to NCE and JC, I do think they do stuff that clubs can't/won't do b/c the caliber of player isn't nearly as consistent.
                        The vast majority of these players got to LaMasia because of the hours they put in on playgrounds and local parks and in the streets around their homes .... they played every day, all day ... mostly without trainers, when they were little and refined the skills that earned them their coveted spots. It starts there and that lead to bigger and better things, but their skills and smarts are mostly self-taught to get them any opportunities that they later received.

Comment

Care to name 5 top La Masia players who have graduated from there in the last 5 years
                          It’s not the same La Masia as it was in the 90s and 2000s

Comment

Unfortunately you don’t get it. You child is learning the fundamentals at their club training sessions. They need the unstructured play to learn to be creative with no restrictions
                            It very simple if you think
                            Don’t bring up the best players in the world.... they do not come from this country
                            And soon enough the same will be said on the women’s side
                            unstructured play in the US isn't that easy. Sure you can bang the ball around in your yard. But to really practice lessons from club you also been to try things out against other players. US kids are over-scheudled and not often available for a last minute "let's get together at the park" game. Not that many play soccer to being with, and even fewer want to put in the time to get better. Parents are also too paranoid to let kids go by themselves, and here in CT with huge home lots the closest park may be miles away.

Comment

Waste of time and money
                              COE is not a waste of time and money for 14-15 year olds. They run some quality summer ID camps and are well connected to many college coaches. Again, not cheap, but if you are looking for opportunities and connections this is another platform. I would not limit yourself to your own club coach or club.

Comment

COE is not a waste of time and money for 14-15 year olds. They run some quality summer ID camps and are well connected to many college coaches. Again, not cheap, but if you are looking for opportunities and connections this is another platform. I would not limit yourself to your own club coach or club.
                                If, by 14-15, you are not getting what you need out of your current club, then perhaps you should consider finding a new one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X