Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expansion to Boys' Academy

"Expansion to Boys' Academy membership will be announced in the coming weeks. The 2019-20 regular season and event schedule will be released by June 1, 2019."

This was in their press release for GDA. Any rumours on the boy's side for teams in the area?

What a mess the war continues. DA, ECNL, EDP/USYS, US Club NPL. Only the players lose and these guys get rich and don't deliver.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Expansion to Boys' Academy membership will be announced in the coming weeks. The 2019-20 regular season and event schedule will be released by June 1, 2019."

This was in their press release for GDA. Any rumours on the boy's side for teams in the area?

What a mess the war continues. DA, ECNL, EDP/USYS, US Club NPL. Only the players lose and these guys get rich and don't deliver.
    In this area, maybe younger ages get added, but I doubt it .... no chance at older ages they add a single club and it isnt even likely at the younger ages.

Comment

They need to add bottom feeders as the MLS teams are pulling out to make the rest NPL leagues.

Comment

Cant wait to hear this....What a **** show...So which club in New England will go boys DA? and why? I say we do away with ECNL and DA. Take the top New England clubs- GPS, oakwood, Beachside, FSA, Bolts, seacoast, FC stars, CFC(maybe), and then maybe throw in some from NY and NJ teams as a crossover, and you have a quality league with minimal travel. No florida, or San diego trips needed. Keep it simple.

Comment

Question Man Responds

What specifically are they supposed to deliver here?

Comment

What specifically are they supposed to deliver here?
            Congrats, you have a bright future as a coach.

Comment

They need to add bottom feeders as the MLS teams are pulling out to make the rest NPL leagues.
              Nah - my bet is they break out U16 and add a few clubs at upper age groups (e.g. NYSC). All in preparation for knocking out U12 after this season and U13 after next season. U14 to U18/19 still makes sense for MLS - let's them move their real studs up in AG with more precision - and dropping 3 teams (2xU12 & U13) and adding 1 (U16) still nets a benefit for MLS squads. Also, MLS don't really need the younger AG since they just keep turning rosters at those ages (and only half the MLS squads run U12 AG already anyway).

Comment

Cant wait to hear this....What a **** show...So which club in New England will go boys DA? and why? I say we do away with ECNL and DA. Take the top New England clubs- GPS, oakwood, Beachside, FSA, Bolts, seacoast, FC stars, CFC(maybe), and then maybe throw in some from NY and NJ teams as a crossover, and you have a quality league with minimal travel. No florida, or San diego trips needed. Keep it simple.
                I agree with you, but who exactly has the authority to mandate your suggested changes? DA is USSF, US Club is ECNL/NPL, and US Youth is EDP. All are fighting for legitimacy at the expense of the families paying for a lot of unnecessary travel.

Comment

BDA still somewhat strong in CT. Besides OW and BS, nobody has anything on them - including CFC and FSA. they play second fiddle in this state. but keep harping on MLS teams dropping DA to try and gain advantage of BDA programs.

Comment

No body has anything on oakwood and beachside? Common, Oakwood is not that great. I heard FSA easily beat them a few weeks back outdoor. Fsa up 3 to 0 most of game. Im sure the excuses will come out now. But from the outside looking in at oakwood, Im not impressed with what I have seen.

Comment

BDA still somewhat strong in CT. Besides OW and BS, nobody has anything on them - including CFC and FSA. they play second fiddle in this state. but keep harping on MLS teams dropping DA to try and gain advantage of BDA programs.
                      weak fish in a small pond. BS is losing players to NY clubs; OW does OK because Boston is too far for most. If MLS pull out then the a big part of the BDA appeal (playing pro clubs) goes away. The clubs are left playing the mid to basement teams, all with lots of travel, cost and the HS restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        bda still somewhat strong in ct. Besides ow and bs, nobody has anything on them - including cfc and fsa. They play second fiddle in this state. But keep harping on mls teams dropping da to try and gain advantage of bda programs.
                        beachside moving to waterbury, gotta wonder how that changes the equation?

Comment

No body has anything on oakwood and beachside? Common, Oakwood is not that great. I heard FSA easily beat them a few weeks back outdoor. Fsa up 3 to 0 most of game. Im sure the excuses will come out now. But from the outside looking in at oakwood, Im not impressed with what I have seen.
                          You heard from a friend who knows someone who drove by the outdoor complex? Sounds legit. OW dad here. Any time that I’ve seen FSA boys playing at OW they’ve lost. Not that some games weren’t competitive but they did lose.

Comment

FSA would beat any age appropriate BS team.

Comment

You heard from a friend who knows someone who drove by the outdoor complex? Sounds legit. OW dad here. Any time that I’ve seen FSA boys playing at OW they’ve lost. Not that some games weren’t competitive but they did lose.
                              It is legit. Ask your oakwood 02. probably were some 01 mixed on oakwood side as well. Its ok to be embarrassed, really. You are just not as good as you think you are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X