Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oregon state was awful.
    Right. And the 2019 Thorns player who went to Stanford isn't playing soccer. And the former CU/current Thorns player who committed to Notre Dame got her commit playing for CU/Jesuit. And Thorns charged a tryout fee in spite of girls DA promising no tryout fees.

Have you figured it out yet? The admin of Thorns isn't especially interested in honesty.

Comment

Right. And the 2019 Thorns player who went to Stanford isn't playing soccer. And the former CU/current Thorns player who committed to Notre Dame got her commit playing for CU/Jesuit. And Thorns charged a tryout fee in spite of girls DA promising no tryout fees.

Have you figured it out yet? The admin of Thorns isn't especially interested in honesty.
      And Placer and Lamorinda are worse than the Thorns ... so ...

Comment

And Placer and Lamorinda are worse than the Thorns ... so ...
        Worse than the Thorns on the field? Or worse than the Thorns in dishonesty? I'm not really interested in either of the Ca academy clubs, just wondering what the point of your deflection is.

Comment

Worse than the Thorns on the field? Or worse than the Thorns in dishonesty? I'm not really interested in either of the Ca academy clubs, just wondering what the point of your deflection is.
          I think he or she is saying that if the Thorns won any games this weekend that's probably the only wins of the year.

Comment

Someone on this forum seems to worry about the Thorns a lot. You think that if the ECNL teams were really that much better, they would give Thorns the same level of attention that an elephant gives a gnat, i.e. none at all.

Instead we're treated to nonstop innuendo about how the Thorns are terrible and in imminent danger of being shut down.

Obviously, someone is worried about something...

Comment

I would also add, only a parent of a former Thorn player would have any realistic clue about Lamorinda and Placer teams last year. Just as ECNL teams adjust year to year in make up and coaches, so too do USYS teams and GDA teams. Unless you were at the games this weekend, seeing the new teams’ makeup for Placer and Lamorinda by age group, which undoubtedly you did not watch 8 games, careful acting like an “expert” on any club team’s new season competitiveness. There is not enough history in GDA club’s makeup to make rolling seasonal assumptions, and with so much shifting between teams these past couple years in nearly all regions of the US, to assume anything at the start of a new season be it ECNL or USYS or GDA is poor judgement.

Comment

The ECNL is afraid of the GDA and that’s why the GDA hasn’t posted rosters? You need to stop drinking and posting.
                Not sure who is afraid of who but definitely something going on and only on the girls side. First time I have ever seen the Thorns ODP program hold another tryout in November (not for second look players for anyone.) Portland Metro is just to small to have competitive teams that can do well at regionals with the DA, ECNL, ODP (I know ODP isn’t a league but some
                Coaches in ECNL don’t want there players participating in ODP) and normal club fighting for the talent. The talent pool in this state is so diluted it’s ridiculous.

Comment

Thorns U14 4, Lamorinda U14 1

Comment

Thorns U15 5, Lamorinda U15 4

Comment

Thorns U15 5, Lamorinda U15 4
                      Correction
                      Placer U15 4

Comment

Remember when Ecnl teams actually had to play good teams..

Now 80% of the teams they play are no better than the non Ecnl teams around them.

Comment

Not sure who is afraid of who but definitely something going on and only on the girls side. First time I have ever seen the Thorns ODP program hold another tryout in November (not for second look players for anyone.) Portland Metro is just to small to have competitive teams that can do well at regionals with the DA, ECNL, ODP (I know ODP isn’t a league but some
                          Coaches in ECNL don’t want there players participating in ODP) and normal club fighting for the talent. The talent pool in this state is so diluted it’s ridiculous.
                          Crossfire Premier went all in ECNL so Thorns will get to compete in an even weaker league. The Thorns teams should finish better than last this year with all the weak teams in their league. Thorns have a player committed to play soccer at Stanford who graduated though so they will be without that unicorn.

Comment

across the country top clubs are dumping GDA because the elite players mostly aren't interested. Too many restrictions and ban on high school soccer

Comment

across the country top clubs are dumping GDA because the elite players mostly aren't interested. Too many restrictions and ban on high school soccer
                              This might help the Thorns get out of being one of the worst teams in the country.

Comment

This might help the Thorns get out of being one of the worst teams in the country.
                                When all the top clubs left for the DA 2 years ago, CU and FC still remained one of the worst clubs in the ECNL, but the rapture of the top clubs to the DA allowed them to finish in the upper half of the remaining cellar dwellers.

Always a silver lining.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X