Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again why are you asking? You are the customer. If you ask, you give them the chance to say no. You do it and they need you in November they’ll make an exception. If you’re worried they won’t take your dd then you probably don’t have a daughter who belongs in the DA.
    The level of quality in the DA is pretty precarious. There are kids getting minutes that didn’t when they were playing OYSA. Some good ones but some not so good.

Comment

No. They were going to but then they got that SoUth CA 13 year old girl to come practice with the senior Thorns. She’s rostered on an academy team and is the type of player GDA is looking for. Home schooled, soccer 24/7, super rich parents and doesn’t want to play high school.
      Thorns Academy players wouldn’t have signed up to play Thorns if they wanted to play high school. Like OM, many girls don’t actually want to play high school.

Comment

The level of quality in the DA is pretty precarious. There are kids getting minutes that didn’t when they were playing OYSA. Some good ones but some not so good.
        Fake news

Comment

Thorns Academy players wouldn’t have signed up to play Thorns if they wanted to play high school. Like OM, many girls don’t actually want to play high school.
          Why don't you ask the girls. If they had the option to do both, I think you might be surprised at how many would.

Comment

Why don't you ask the girls. If they had the option to do both, I think you might be surprised at how many would.
            They do have the option. You’re just too scared to let them use it.

Comment

Truth. No girl picks the Thorns over ECNL or a top OYSA travel team if they really want to play high school. A hand full (that started in GDA and played all game) did change their minds and leave during or after year one of Thorns GDA but the rest are loving it or would leave. That’s the nice thing about having 3 similar options for soccer in Oregon. Just go somewhere else if you aren’t happy.

Comment

It’s great that the kids get playing time. I think everyone should support that.

Comment

OM doesn't even go to high school.

How does anyone know what OM really wants to do?

Not sure OM and family is a great example to use.

Comment

Do they still have spots available? Can anyone just sign up if they are willing to not play high school? How does the payments work? Do you have to pay the $3,000 upfront or do they allow payment plans? Can you reserve a spot for next year?

Comment

Do they still have spots available? Can anyone just sign up if they are willing to not play high school? How does the payments work? Do you have to pay the $3,000 upfront or do they allow payment plans? Can you reserve a spot for next year?
                      Were you under the misconception this was Google or the Portland Thorns FAQ page?

Comment

Easiest way to find out is to pick up the phone and give them a call.

Comment

Drive out to Westside and talk to the coaches. It’s not that hard.

Comment

What does the $3,000 cover. Does it cost all travel? I thought with travel it’s more? I could be wrong. I know the timbers kids soccer staff read this and it would be helpful to get facts vs speculation. Can you tell us? Are there spots open to sign up for next year? How do we grab those spots first come first served?

Comment

Lots of kids asked. The numbers don’t work. Scheduling is wrong. You can’t have 15 girls at each age play high school and then come back. What do you do with the girls they are replacing when they come back in November? Cut them? That would be a bad situation.

Someone on here mentioned thorns joining ECNL? That would be a smart move imho.
                              I think they would have to add one other local ECNL club as well. Need even numbers for league and travel. I think either Washington Timbers or Eastside would be logical choices based on geographical considerations. I do like this idea.

Comment

If the Thorns Academy could get accepted into ECNL it could be a game changer. Bypassing the issue with high school soccer seems to me to be a win for everyone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X