Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wish I could understand what you are trying to convey.
    He's trying to tell the other poster his kid isn't very good and probably was cut. It's the usual Revs management line - your kid isn't good enough. True or not, the kid will get a great education and probably get recruited to a much better school than most Revs players do. No one is going pro (and why would you want to with the Revs?) so playing at a great college for a few years becomes the goal.

Comment

So frustrating that the program isn’t better. They are one of richest owners in MLS. I know there are haters on here and most of these posts are nonsense. As a parent navigating this system it’s tough. Have to correct the record and set expectations for people.
      Is there another MLS Academy team with only 4 wins since November? Bruce? Are you paying attention? Grab a youth soccer coach from any town field at this point. Let the kids coach themselves. Anything. We’ll take anything.

Comment

Is there another MLS Academy team with only 4 wins since November? Bruce? Are you paying attention? Grab a youth soccer coach from any town field at this point. Let the kids coach themselves. Anything. We’ll take anything.
        LOL, we had a few town coaches better than PO.

Comment

Well, at least the Revs only buried a controversy about pot smoking. Weston just had a civil suit filed charging the club tried to cover up sexual abuse while traveling to Colombia.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...511107182.html

Comment

LOL, we had a few town coaches better than PO.
            I have had training cones better than PO.

Comment

Sounds like the Revolution Academy needs to make some changes. Who knew?

Comment

Luckily they paired us with favorable opponents in Dan Diego:

San Jose Earthquakes @ -26 GD

Albion @ -7 GD

Portland Timbers @ -5 GD

Comment

Great futures lads!

Two Revs academy players out of a class of 20 going to respectable schools. Lehigh and Georgetown. Others are either going to community colleges to raise their GPS from a 1.0 or not going at all. Great program.

Comment

Two Revs academy players out of a class of 20 going to respectable schools. Lehigh and Georgetown. Others are either going to community colleges to raise their GPS from a 1.0 or not going at all. Great program.
                    Believe me, I'm not a Revs supporter. But if kids don't have the grades, they just don't have the grades. Seems a lot of the smarter kids who could use soccer for ISL or other privates leveraged those opportunities. In the long run the smart move to make.

Comment

Believe me, I'm not a Revs supporter. But if kids don't have the grades, they just don't have the grades. Seems a lot of the smarter kids who could use soccer for ISL or other privates leveraged those opportunities. In the long run the smart move to make.
                      The Revs provide a way for boys to play a high level of soccer (DA, that is) without necessarily being on a college track. Nothing wrong with that, though for many families with college as a goal, it's less directly helpful. They can make it work with the Revs or Bolts or ISL, of NEFC etc. Lots of choices.

Rest of world doesn't track players to college. Heard about Korean girls at 12 being put on a professional track. The whole deal - residency, pay, meals. Apparently not so much education but hey, they're soccer players.

I'd like to see the USMNT win a World Cup. Ok, let's qualify first...But if winning requires thousands of kids going into a tough, grinding professional meat grinder from 12 on, I'm fine with that. It's not what I'd do (b/c I suck at soccer) but we can spare a few thousand out of 350 million.

Comment

^ the Revs suck at developing professional talent.

Comment

Name one thing the Revs Academy does not suck at.

Comment

Name one thing the Revs Academy does not suck at.
                            Disappointing people

Comment

Disappointing people
                              They excel at that

Comment

oh no, another parent just found out their "elite soccer stud" didn't make the REVS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X