Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then why are many jumping ship from Bolts to join Revs?
    A handful didn't bother with due diligence, happens every year. Wait three months for the "*** have we done???" posts.

Comment

A handful didn't bother with due diligence, happens every year. Wait three months for the "*** have we done???" posts.
      Do you really think posting in TS will help keep players from leaving?

Comment

It's as much a part of fall as the leaves changing colors

Comment

Think if they wave their hands enough, no one will notice that they are charging $500 for pre-season DA practices at AB lower fields, on-top of the already huge jump in fees
          I don’t know what their fees are but I’m positive they are cheaper than GPS.

Comment

I think people with high school aged boys were scared off by the lackluster showing by the Revs in the college recruiting lottery this past year.

Comment

I think people with high school aged boys were scared off by the lackluster showing by the Revs in the college recruiting lottery this past year.
              I don’t think these schools are too bad myself.
              Providence College

Princeton University

Bucknell University

University of Connecticut

University of Vermont

Providence College

Dartmouth College
              Along with a homegrown signing.

Comment

Providence College (Ranked #110 for soccer, okay academically)

Princeton University (EVERYONE know this was a Bolts commit)

Bucknell University (Ranked #181 for soccer, decent school)

University of Connecticut (Finally cracked the top 100 @ #93, typical state flagship)

University of Vermont (#76 for soccer, typical state flagship)

Dartmouth College (#16, great school and very strong soccer)

The "homegrown" hasn't exactly worked out thus far. He should have gone to college.

Several of those kids listed aren't MA players. If we opened up GPS non-MA commits the Revs would look even more insignificant.

Every time some dope uses the RC commitment to Princeton as a Revs commit I have to laugh. It reflects the desperation of the program more than just about any other indicator.

Comment

The "homegrown" hasn't exactly worked out thus far. He should have gone to college.

Several of those kids listed aren't MA players. If we opened up GPS non-MA commits the Revs would look even more insignificant.

Every time some dope uses the RC commitment to Princeton as a Revs commit I have to laugh. It reflects the desperation of the program more than just about any other indicator.
                  What about all the ex-Revs that went elsewhere to play HS or cut that are listed as commits?

Comment

You're not getting into an Ivy without the grades. There's a tiny bit of wiggle but you still have to be a top student no matter how good a player you are.

I only this because my son was looking, but UCONN last year had 30 on the roster, only 3 seniors, incoming class of ???? for 2018, and they are having open tryouts http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m...062518aaa.html

Comment

Providence College

Princeton University

Bucknell University

University of Connecticut

University of Vermont

Providence College

Dartmouth College
                      Everyone should take a look at the lists below. Most of these kids didn't have to give up high school soccer. Most didn't need to abandon their social lives. Most had the time to volunteer or participate in meaningful extracurricular activities that selective colleges look for in an applicant. They got to be normal students.

AZTECS: [17 total college commits]

D1 (2 players)

Cristian Suvak, Aztecs, Winchester, UConn
                      James McPherson, Aztecs, Danvers, UMass

D2 (1 player)

Michael Budrewicz, Aztecs, Masconomet, St. Anselm's

D3 (14 players)

Mitch Collins, Aztecs, SJP, Babson
                      Hayden Weatherall, Aztecs, Phillips, Bowdoin
                      Brian Brennan, Aztecs, SJP, Clark
                      Joon Bang, Aztecs, Arlington Catholic, Clarkson
                      Jared Wood, Aztecs, Waring School, Colby
                      Jacob Cassallas, Aztecs, Peabody, Elmira
                      Matthew Kuefler, Aztecs, Nashoba, Franciscan
                      Steven Yakita, Aztecs, SJP, Franklin & Marshall
                      Cole Hay, Aztecs, Manchester, Hobart
                      Jake Vacich, Aztecs, Keene St
                      Chris Belliveau, Aztecs, Peabody, Lasell
                      Richie Mateo, Aztecs, St. Mary’s, UMass Boston
                      Austin Ward, Aztecs, North Andover, SJC
                      Jay Poskitt, Aztecs, Winchester, Stevens Institute of Technology

BOLTS: [29 total college commits]

D1 (13 players)

Jaren Suttles, Bolts, Army
                      James Swomley, Bolts, Newton, Brown
                      Jared Bull, Bolts, Algonquin, Bryant
                      Vittorio Luzio, Bolts, Columbia
                      Marcelo Lage, Bolts, Brooks, GW
                      Ben Bryant, Bolts, R&L, Harvard
                      Gunnar Siegel, Bolts, High Point
                      Nic Andre, Bolts, HC
                      John Siracuse, Bolts, HC
                      Andrew Karalis, Bolts, Belmont, Northeastern
                      Dylan Curran, Bolts, Jamaica Plain, PC
                      Julio Fulcar, Bolts, Watertown, Syracuse
                      Joe Morrison, Bolts, UVM

D2 (2 players)

Thomas Browning, Bolts, Mattapoisett, AIC
                      Giovanni de Vargas, Bolts, Merrimack

D3 (14 players)

Liam Hanlon, Bolts, Acton Boxboro, Babson
                      Matthew Uek, Bolts, R&L, Bowdoin
                      Cameron Schluter, Bolts, Weston, Colby
                      Erik Oddsund, Bolts, Acton Boxboro, Conn College
                      Jack Davidge, Bolts, AMSA, Framingham St
                      Matt Habersaat, Bolts, Hobart
                      Edson DaSilva, Bolts, Hingham, Lasell
                      Andre Dumitrescu, Bolts, Philips Andover, MIT
                      Nick McGrath, Bolts, Westboro, Nichols
                      Matt Reinsford, Bolts, Wachusett, Nichols
                      George Gworek, Bolts, Needham, Oberlin
                      Tim Driscoll, Bolts, Springfield
                      Robbie West, Bolts, Weymouth, Wentworth Institute of Technology
                      Henry Osborn, Bolts, Williams

GPS: [24 total college commits]

D1 (6 players)

Nate Cole, GPS, Worcester Academy, BU
                      Adam Kulick, GPS, Cambridge, Bucknell
                      Andrew Stevens, GPS, Brooks, Columbia
                      Alec Szwarcewicz, GPS, Newton South, HC
                      Nathaniel Cardozo, GPS, Oliver Ames, UMass
                      Connor Haskell, GPS, Xavier

D2 (5 players)

Connor Willis, MPS, North Andover, Assumption
                      John Aguiar, GPS, Bishop Connelly, Assumption
                      Nick Bernardi, GPS, Framingham, Merrimack
                      Greg Amador, GPS, Westboro, Merrimack
                      Eric Barry, GPS, Framingham, SNHU

D3 (13 players)

Skylah Dias, GPS, Case, Brandeis
                      Joshua Kim, GPS, BBN, Colby
                      Matt Sciascia, GPS, Brooks, Hamilton
                      Luke Muther, GPS, Brooks, Kenyon
                      Jonathan Rodrigues, GPS, Brockton, UMass Boston
                      Chris Garcia Lynn, GPS, UMass Boston
                      Ryan Pasqual, GPS, North Attleboro, Newbury
                      Zachary Laware, GPS, Minnechaug, Newbury
                      Will Raphael, GPS, Andover Academy, Tufts
                      Harrison Weizen, GPS, Tufts
                      Zack Dresens, GPS, Wayland, Tufts
                      Troy Mattos, GPS, Somerset, Wheaton
                      Mateo Cugno, GPS, Billerica, WPI

NEFC: [18 total college commits]

D1 (5 players)

Christian Garner, NEFC, Brooks, BC
                      Tyler Stott, NEFC, Westboro, BC
                      Gregorio Barilla, NEFC, Worcester Academy, BC
                      Tyler Mann, NEFC, King Phillips, UML
                      Matt Leigh, NEFC, St Marks, Penn

D2 (4 players)

Jeremy Martin, NEFC, Assumption
                      Cole Scharland, NEFC, Bishop Feehan, Florida Southern
                      Sean Lanzillo, NEFC, Mansfield, Merrimack
                      Jack Moffitt, NEFC, Worcester Academy, St. Anselm's

D3 (9 players)

William Talleri, NEFC, SJP, Babson
                      Andrew Pimental, NEFC, Clark
                      Derek Jones, NEFC, Clark
                      Aiden Scales, NEFC, Conn College (Is this the Revs Academy Director’s son?)
                      Alex McLaughlin, NEFC, Lexington, Hamilton
                      Justin Lee, NEFC, NYU
                      Andrew Collari, NEFC, Worcester Academy, Suffolk
                      Noah Barney, NEFC, North Attleboro, Union
                      Peter Pond, NEFC, Wheaton

Comment

Everyone should take a look at the lists below. Most of these kids didn't have to give up high school soccer. Most didn't need to abandon their social lives. Most had the time to volunteer or participate in meaningful extracurricular activities that selective colleges look for in an applicant. They got to be normal students.
                        I would actually love to see a comparison of time spent on soccer between a kid in DA, who has a 10 month schedule, practices 4 days per week (3 days per week for Revs) with one game on most weekends, compared to a kid who participates in a grueling high school season with games and travel during the school week and practices almost every day they aren't playing a game, then moves to a high level ECNL/NPL team training winter and spring with nearly the same amount of travel as DA. Do you really think kids who play DA have that much less time for social life outside of soccer, and for volunteer time and extra curricular activities (soccer is an extra curricular activity, right?).

Unless your a DA kid who lives 2 hours from practice (and I actually know some non-DA kids who live 1.5 hours from their practice), it seems like the time spent on soccer evens out. The social part may look different depending on the player. I know my kid has better friends on his DA team than at school, mostly due to a very strong shared interest in soccer, but I realize this may be the opposite for other kids. You also have to realize for many kids, they don't feel like they're "giving up" anything by not playing high school soccer. They get to continue playing with their club friends they've been with for many seasons, don't have to fight for playing time with high school juniors and seniors, who may have a huge physical advantage, and in almost all cases, have a better pool of players surrounding them, better coaching, and better competition. You're completely right that you don't need DA to play college soccer, but most kids playing DA aren't having their high school years stolen from them, as you are suggesting, and want to be there. Let the kids choose what is right for them.

Comment

I would actually love to see a comparison of time spent on soccer between a kid in DA, who has a 10 month schedule, practices 4 days per week (3 days per week for Revs) with one game on most weekends, compared to a kid who participates in a grueling high school season with games and travel during the school week and practices almost every day they aren't playing a game, then moves to a high level ECNL/NPL team training winter and spring with nearly the same amount of travel as DA. Do you really think kids who play DA have that much less time for social life outside of soccer, and for volunteer time and extra curricular activities (soccer is an extra curricular activity, right?).

Unless your a DA kid who lives 2 hours from practice (and I actually know some non-DA kids who live 1.5 hours from their practice), it seems like the time spent on soccer evens out. The social part may look different depending on the player. I know my kid has better friends on his DA team than at school, mostly due to a very strong shared interest in soccer, but I realize this may be the opposite for other kids. You also have to realize for many kids, they don't feel like they're "giving up" anything by not playing high school soccer. They get to continue playing with their club friends they've been with for many seasons, don't have to fight for playing time with high school juniors and seniors, who may have a huge physical advantage, and in almost all cases, have a better pool of players surrounding them, better coaching, and better competition. You're completely right that you don't need DA to play college soccer, but most kids playing DA aren't having their high school years stolen from them, as you are suggesting, and want to be there. Let the kids choose what is right for them.
                          Agreed, I have two kids in DA and both kids wanted nothing to do with HS soccer. DA was where they wanted to play.

Comment

To the prior two posters: no not all kids are alike. Other kids wish they had the option to play HS soccer and other sports too. Kids may not realize what they've missed out on until it's too late. For many players, DA isn't a necessity to play in college (assuming they've targeted appropriately). But often 13-14 year old kids are making this choice before they ever walk through a high school door.

Comment

Agreed, I have two kids in DA and both kids wanted nothing to do with HS soccer. DA was where they wanted to play.
                              My son thought the same thing because his DA coaches told him for years how bad high school soccer was. He smartened up his senior year and played for his school. They won a state championship. He said it was the best thing he ever did.

Our high school team would give any club team in MA a run for their money, including DA.

Comment

My son thought the same thing because his DA coaches told him for years how bad high school soccer was. He smartened up his senior year and played for his school. They won a state championship. He said it was the best thing he ever did.

Our high school team would give any club team in MA a run for their money, including DA.
                                My oldest did DA. While it worked out fine (plays in college, decent level and possibly could have gotten there without DA but it's hard to say in after the fact) he wishes he hadn't been forced to chose. It really hit him at graduation when he realized some of the things he had missed and couldn't get that back. Now for a kid like that and thousands like him - very good players but would never ever be on a pro path or NT level - is it necessary for them to give up HS?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X